3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   "DIETING WITH DIABETES" - Nov/Dec, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/126236-dieting-diabetes-nov-dec-2007-a.html)

akrosey49 11-19-2007 01:46 PM

Morning everyone from snowy alaska:snow4: we had 9+ inches of snow and had to wait to have our yard and road plowed befor we could go any where..sure is pretty out tho..hope u all had a nice weekend..my sl was 84 this am and i have been busy doing house work getting ready for the big turkey day..meowee very impressive to be done with your shopping..im almost there too..glad the kitties are friends now..yup holidays are a trial for all of us.. i just do the best i can each day..ttfn ((((hugs))) rosey :wave:

meowee 11-20-2007 07:57 AM

Good Morning . . . :wave:

I was up way too early this morning -- terrible night last night; just could not sleep -- guess I was thinking about my fun trip to the Periodontist this morning and hoping the roads are in good condition over the top of Mount Thom. We don't have a local Perio, so every six months I have to drive about an hour to get to one in Truro which is the other side of the mountain. Getting there can be tricky at this time of year. Weather is dull and well below the freezing mark again this morning. The highway can be perfectly fine on both sides and a sheet of ice on top. :( Taking LouLou with me -- she shops while I suffer -- then we both eat too much and come back home. OMG, my life is so fascinating. :p At least my BGL was an okay 5.5 (99) this morning. :lol: Something tells me it might not finish up that good later today.

Hopefully I'll be back to chat later . . . have a great day . . . :carrot:

meowee 11-21-2007 10:13 AM

Goodness where is everyone . . . :dunno:

Well I definitely made it back from the Perio appointment (there was snow on top of the mountain, but no driving problems) and I definitely ate too much at lunch -- guess I just can't stand to have my teeth that clean for very long. :lol: . . . BGL ended up at 9 / 162 yesterday and started at 7.2 / 130 this morning . . . yuck . . . Certainly glad this is a brand new day.

Hop to see you all later . . . :wave:

Jeanne88 11-21-2007 12:21 PM

Good morning all !!:) at last got the phone line thing fixed yesterday so am back up and running,,thank God,,I sure miss my morning coffee and comp and of course you all :hug:

Made my 3plus hours trip to doctor last week,,and got my blood work back my Aic was 6.9 lower than many years now,,so the byetta must be working ,,doctor is going to write insurance another letter and see if he can get them to change their minds and please pay for it,,,been a long fight,,he gave me a month worth free and after than if they won't pay I will have to go on insulin,,,sure makes me nuts,,,:devil:

My bs this morning was 133 a little high but still ok for me,,,

Is everyone ready for turkey day ? :thanks2:My driller son flew home yesterday,,was so good to see him and my other son and his family are making the drive so will have a house full,,,just doing what I can and thats it,,working right up to -tonight so not a lot of time,,,I to me the biggest blessing is just all being together,,I try not to stress to much on it,,:hungry:

Hi to all and have a great thanksgiving all of you,,,,,:thanks1:

akrosey49 11-21-2007 01:03 PM

Morning everyone.. sry didnt post yesterday..my gf who is a hairdresser came over and we "beautified" each other..she gave me a haircut and perm and then i permed her hair and we gossiped and had the most fun "girly day.. and my hair looks great..my dh hid out in the garage he made me some rustic candle holders out of birch:D..today my dd and grdd are coming over to help me finnish cleaning and baking for tomorrow..i hope u all have a nice thanksgiving :turkey::happ3::turkey: ttfn ((((hugs))) rosey :wave:

4me4ben4will 11-21-2007 02:42 PM

Hi all! My name is Mary and this is my first post here. I've been a member of 3fc for a long time but just now posting in the diabetes group. I'm a 32 year old mom of 1 DS who is 13months old. I am type II diagnosed about 2 years ago. Was on insulin for a year to get BG under control before getting pregnant and then the whole time I was pregnant.

I was on 2 metformin 2X a day for a year and my avg BG was about 160. I started Januvia yesterday in addition to the metformin and my highest BG for the last 24 hrs has been 112. I'm excited about that. I hope it continues to stay that way.

I hope to get to know you all better very soon. Have a great day!

meowee 11-21-2007 08:18 PM

:welcome: to the group MOMMA . . . we will be looking forward to getting to know you better. Up in the STICKY area at the top of the Diabetes Forum you will find a thread called "Getting to Know You". You will find information about most of the regulars in there and hopefully, you'll post a bit more about your background too.

Glad to hear that the new Januvia is bringing your BGL into line so nicely. Way to go. Hope that you, Ben, and Will have a great Turkey Day tomorrow. See you soon . . . :wave:

meowee 11-22-2007 09:38 AM

HAPPY :turkey: DAY to all my US buddies . . .

. . . and a great big HI for everybody else, too.

Fairly cool and very overcast around here . . . nasty blizzard going on in New Brunswick but we are just supposed to be getting rain in Nova Scotia -- hope they are right. Even though my shopping is done . . . this is the normal shopping day for my buddy and me; and I know she wants to get lots of stuff yet. BGL is 7.2 (130) again this morning. Strange, since last night at bedtime it was 4.8 (86). So help me, I will never, never totally understand this disease.

Sooooo . . . I'd better get a move on and get ready to pick LouLou up for shopping. Even if you don't feel bushy-tailed . . . hope you are all really bright-eyed all day . . . extra :coffee: should help. :lol: Have a great one, gang . . . :grouphug: See you later . . . try not to eat tooooooo much nasty stuff.

4me4ben4will 11-22-2007 09:24 PM

:turkey::thanks1::turkey:
Our family had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the unexpected addition of SNOW!! We live in Texas and Monday we tied for a record high temp of 84. Today it snowed starting about noon and it's still snowing now. For those of you not familiar with Texas weather. We consider ourselves lucky if we see snow once in a year. We're used to wearing short sleeves and playing horse shoes in the back yard on Thanksgiving day. So, this was quite a surprise.

Dinner was very diabetic friendly since both of my parents and grandparents are diabetic as well. My mom made THE best sweet potato casserole with very little sugar in it. It was TO-DIE-FOR! I don't even like sweet potatoes and I ate more of that than anything else today. My little boy, I think that was all he ate today and he ate lots and lots of it.

We had about 20 people at my mom's house for either lunch or dinner or both. Nothing like the 40 or so we usually have, but it was nice to have things be quite a bit more peaceful than normal. All the beautiful snow definitely added to the peacful atmosphere.

Mom and I will be up and out the door at about 4am to do our Christmas shopping. We generally do ALL of our shopping on the day after Thanksgiving and get it done in one day. And since we love to shop more than anything in the world, it's one of our favorite days of the year. So, I'm off to bed to get some rest before getting up at 3:30 to throw on some clothes and a ball cap!

Hope everyone had a GREAT Turkey day!!

meowee 11-23-2007 05:46 AM

Wow MOMMA . . . I think you just won the prize for weird weather, Chickie. Hope you have a really great shopping day, too.

Happy LEFTOVERS DAY to all the rest of you well-fed US citizens out there. Imagine it will be another quiet day around 3FC since so many will be out doing the 'shop til you drop' routine. :lol:

Nothing exciting for this Canuk . . . it's only 6:35 am AST and I've been up for two blinking hours already and my stupid BGL is 7.3 (131) adter finishing up at 4.9 (88) last night. I don't even have the heavy dinner to blame for the BGL or the early awakening. :mad:

Did quite a bit of shopping yesterday and am now down to one birthday gift that I need to get before December 6. Think I'll leave it until the beginning of the week because the weather isn't sounding too great for today . . . maybe I'll start the wrapping process. I need to stay out of the kitchen -- I get an almost uncontrolable urge to bake, bake, bake at this time of year -- that would be okay, except the other uncontrolable urge to eat, eat, eat, that always goes along with it. :o

Anyway . . . Hope everybody has a great day of doing whatever you have planned for today . . . Try to keep things moving and shaking. :carrot:

akrosey49 11-23-2007 04:30 PM

Hi everyone.. hope you all had agreat thanksgiving.. we did..and have lots of left overs so no cooking today.. i ate what i wanted but was reasonable..after, we all visited till about 11pm.. i was ready for bed by then.. my dd made a paula dean pecan surprize pie.. oh my gosh cheese cake with pecan pie on top.. yummy..after all that snow and having to hire someone to plow our yard we have been having rain.. now we have slush:?:..everyone ones out shopping(my dd and her friends where up a t 5 am,i used to do that too:dizzy:) but im glad to say except for a gift certificate im allready done and glad to be home in my jammies.. ther's a parade of lights and afireworks display tonight we might go too.. we have the fireworks in winter as to much daylight in the summer..hope u are all recovering like me(((:hug:))) rosey :wave:

meowee 11-24-2007 08:50 AM

Hi gang . . . :wave:

We are having a little snow . . . just light, but it is sticking to the ground. BGL was okay at 5.5 (99) this morning. Strange, actually, because I don't feel too great this morning and think I'm going to go back to bed for a bit.

See you later . . . :grouphug:

akrosey49 11-24-2007 02:53 PM

Hi everyone.. another frosty day here..nothing on my agenda except laundry..the house stayed in good shape after the company was here so no housework todo:D..im trying to stay away from the left over pie :?:..meowee sure hope you are feeling better..ttfn (((hugs))) rosey :wave:

Jeanne88 11-24-2007 07:28 PM

Sounds like you all had a great thanksgiving,,nothing like family,good food and kids,,,had all three of my boys home the one wasn't going to make it but surprised me and they came with my gs,,so what a extra blessing,,first time in a few years we where all together for the holiday,,all are gone now except my driller son and he leaves next week some time to go back to Nevada,anyway was sure nice no big blow up or anything,,ha ha,,sounds sick but with all boys you never know what you are going to get,,,have had some pretty hairy holidays over the years,,ha,,but I love them all,,

My bs is high this am ,,,wasn't as careful as I should have been ,,but did you see my Aic that I posted 6.9 ?,,that was good for me,,,am going to try to get it down lower for the next test in 3 months,

No snow yet ,,tried this morning and is suppose to be on its way on Monday,,bet yours was beautiful Rosey,,,anyway hi to all and see you later,,,take care,,Jeanne

Ellen 11-25-2007 09:50 AM

Morning! Sorry I have been MIA for a while. My bg has been all over the place lately, and I am so sick of it. I have been eating well, but my ankle and heel have been bothering me and I have not been able to walk as I usually do. I hope that is the only difference. I have had a bit of a cold lately too, so maybe that contributes to the highs. :dunno: I have a doctor appointment on Wednesday and will discuss it with him.

Thanksgiving was fun here. We had a standing rib roast, and Yorkshire pudding (made with whole wheat flour!). I hate turkey and decided never to fix it again about four or five years ago. I am happy I did. :yes:

I have been a very busy potter lately. I have orders for a ton of mugs, and they are all in the kiln cooling right now. :crossed: I hope they are ok. I need to glaze them and fire again tomorrow or Tuesday. One order has to be done by December 3, so I need to get it done. If something goes wrong, I might not have enough time to re-do it. That makes me nervous.

JEANNE: That is a great A1C! I am glad the Byetta is working so well for you. It works for me still, some. I always crash after I take it, but the long term lows I enjoyed at first don't happen anymore. I am kind of bummed about that.