3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   "DIETING WITH DIABETES" - Nov/Dec, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/126236-dieting-diabetes-nov-dec-2007-a.html)

meowee 11-01-2007 08:38 AM

"DIETING WITH DIABETES" - Nov/Dec, 2007

Here we go -- it's another brand new month -- a whole new start for our continuing journey down that long winding path to better health and fitness. Since things have been rather slow around here lately, I thought we'd have a two-month thread to finish off the year.

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome: . . . to our new chat thread. Glad you could make it.

If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well as the new chat thread, and to the Diabetes Support forum. Please drop in to the "Getting to Know You" (Sticky) thread to read a little about some of us and to tell us a little about yourself.

I'll be looking forward to seeing less of you, more often, gang ;). . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . keep doing the best you can, as much as you can, and the rewards will follow.

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-01-2007 10:30 AM

Hi everyone, Happy November!

When will I learn? last night I had pizza that we ordered instead of my regular dinner of grilled chicken/veggies/brown rice and I felt rotten and sluggish afterwards. I know that I will feel like crap, yet I continue to do things like that when the opportunity arises.

Even though I had pizza and mini mars bars, my sugar this morning was 6.1 (110) around the same as it has been for the last 10 days when I was eating healthy.

I have started my packing for my trip.... laying out the necessities and trying to decide what to take. We fly on November 19th.

Here are some photos from Halloween at my house last night... my 13 year old daughter (the witch) set it all up. :)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l20/yasat/witch7.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l20/yasat/witch6.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l20/yasat/witch2.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l20/yasat/witch1.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l20/yasat/witch3.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l20/yasat/witch5.jpg

akrosey49 11-01-2007 01:18 PM

Morning everyone..its windy and cold here.. i was up early and liked that quiet time with coffee and my book.. we had a nice time at my dd house last night.. the halloween tunnel spook house to their front door was amazing..they really went all out..my dh took me out for dinner after; his favorite chinese..i tried to be careful..my sl was 104 this am so not to bad..thin nice pictures looks like your family had fun too..not sure whats on my agenda today..i guess it will be a surprize to me too :D ttfn :hug: rosey :wave:

meowee 11-01-2007 04:32 PM

Hi gang . . .

No chocolate and no pizza for me last night, but my BGL was terrible this morning. :mad: Probably because I finished off almost an entire container of Cool Whip as a bedtime snack last night (just to get rid of it, of course -- see further information below) and after being so good for most of October, too.

So, here we are starting a new month . . . In October, I added a little formal exercise to my normal routines (not much, but enough to be able to say I actually did something almost every day last month). For November . . . I plan to continue down that road and -- drum roll pleaaase -- kick my Cool Whip addiction -- Now, there is nothing wrong with a little CW; but I cannot 'do' a little CW. It's gotten so it's like ice cream, chocolate, and peanut butter in my hands. No control whatsoever. :no:

Anyway gang . . . hope you've all had a pretty good day . . . We've had a mild, but extremely windy one and now it is just pouring -- luckily I just got back from my regular "shop 'til you drop" Thursday outing when it started.

See you later . . . keep doing the good stuff . . . :carrot:

akrosey49 11-01-2007 09:28 PM

Hi everyone.. i finally got the results from my blood work in the mail today.. so my a1c was 6.4 and my overall cholesterol was 154..and the rest i dont understand:?:esp the diff between good cholesterol and bad and the ratio between.. anyone that can explain it to me would help:?:.meowee.. do you add stuff to the cool whip and is it the sf /ff kind?? doesnt sound like a bad choice..i couldnt eat a whole bowl tho..now if it was the real deal like whipping cream well then i could do that:yes: ttfn :hug: rosey :wave:

Ellen 11-01-2007 10:32 PM

Hi everyone! I planned to have only playdough for Halloween, then my daughter and son in law bought candy! Grrr. I ate two small reeses cups. Today, I decided they were yucky and did not eat any more. I went to North Georgia today and got my pots that my friend fired. The kiln overfired and everything was ruined. I was kind of sad about that. But, nothing I can do about it now.

I just made a batch of Amish Friendship bread. The recipe I was given called for so much sugar and vanilla instant pudding. I seriously doubt the Amish use that! :lol: I found another recipe without it, but then I forgot to add the sugar! :o It actually is not too bad. Not at all sweet, which is fine with me. I put apples in it, and it tastes good.

The cut on my finger is healing nicely. I am using liquid bandage on it, and that stuff is just awesome! I think I may be able to throw tomorrow.

My morning bg is still all over the place. I hope I can get it figured out soon, but I have no idea why it is like it is. I know I need to add more exercise, since I have had arthritis problems with my ankle the last week or two and have not been walking. Then I missed water aerobics, which did not help. :(

I hope November is wonderful for everyone! :)

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-02-2007 09:11 AM

So today my BG was 6.7 (121) after eating great yesterday, including grilled chicken and spinach salad for dinner.

Yesterday my BG was 6.1 (110) after eating pizza and mini mars bars.

I'll never figure this out.

meowee 11-02-2007 11:12 AM

Good Morning . . . :grouphug:. . . Oops, guess that S/B Good Afternoon. :)

One day "clean and sober" (NO COOL WHIP). I really scare myself when I think about how much of it I was eating. Hey, to my mind (or tongue ?) a serving of CW was getting close to being a CUP at a time rather than a mere 2 to 3 TBSP . . . The more I ate, the more I wanted . . . that has got to constitute addiction. :o

Anyway after starting yesterday at 7.8 (140), I finished the day at 5.8 (104) and that . . . the 5.8 (104) . . . is also where I started this morning.

We have another nice sunny day . . . but it is windy again . . . and apparently this is just the proverbial "lull" before the "storm". :( We are being told to prepare for a direct hit from Tropical Storm Noel (which is kindly missing the US coastline almost completely). Although it is not expected to be upgraded to a hurricane, we are expecting winds of 75 to 80 mph and upwards of 4 inches of rain over the course of tomorrow.

Got one nice surprise on my shopping spree yesterday . . . WalMart has finally figured out why they haven't been selling any books or magazines lately now that the Canadian dollar is slightly higher than the US dollar. ;)They have finally started selling at the US price on the cover instead of the Canadian which is usually 20% to 30% higher. We are probably still paying too much for a lot of other things where the situation is not quite so obvious, but at least it is a start. Hopefully the rest of the booksellers will follow suit really quickly. I do like to give books at Christmas.

Well, I'd better get moving since I still have a little shopping to get done and it definitely sounds like tomorrow will be a stay-home kind of day.

See you later . . . keep things moving and shaking gang . . . :carrot::carrot:

geekgirl127 11-02-2007 11:54 AM

Hi everyone fairly new hear... I'm doing SB for now to control my sugars

Right now I'm getting for a last day lunch for a co-worker at a mexican place I hope they have taco salads (mexican food is evil :lol:)

Just popping in quickly

meowee 11-02-2007 11:58 AM

Hi GEEKGIRL :hug:. . .

:welcome: to the group and :wel3fc: too. It's a wonderful place for lots of support and encouragement while we travel down the long, bumpy road to better health and fitness and I know you will love it here too. Unfortunately having our nasty little disease tends to make the road even longer and even bumpier, but together we can do it. :yes:

See you again soon . . . :wave:

akrosey49 11-02-2007 01:41 PM

Morning everyone.. another rainy day here.. i was up early and even have my dishes done allready:o..my sl was 93 this am..trying really hard to get back to ww and journaling my foods..im not doing to well in that dept.. i think its just nervous stress..had some upsetting news about my mother who is 85.. she has been having some medical problems and after all the tests they found cancer..im scared for her.. at her age invasive treatments could compromise the quality of her life.. the dr said it was treatable tho with radiation ugh.. i just want to fly there and hug the stuffing out of her but cant at this time.. am glad my sisters are there for her.. anyways thats why im stressed:?: welcome geek girl .. ttfn :hug: monet, meowee and thin.. have great day rosey :wave:

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-02-2007 05:51 PM

Hi everyone....

meowee... hope Noel doesn't cause you any woes. :o

Coolwhip - I could never be addicted to that, but I could certainly eat a bowl of REAL whipped cream or one of those cans that you spray.... yum! :dizzy:

Monet - sorry to hear about the kiln mishap, how disappointing :( Does that happen often?'

I've never tried the liquid bandage stuff I'll have to pick some up.

Rosey, sorry to hear about your Mom, what a worry for you all :hug:

Hi geekgirl - welcome to the thread! Hope to chat with you often. Enjoy that mexican food :)

meowee 11-03-2007 10:52 AM

Good Morning Gang . . . :grouphug:

Well . . . so far we have overcast skies and it's not even particularly windy . . . but . . . the weather station is still issuing a nasty Hurricane Warning. Predicted to hit us between 7pm tonight and 7am tomorrow. :( Hey, maybe they are just being overly cautious -- definitely better to be over-warned rather than under-warned, I guess. Time will tell.

BGL finished yesterday and 6.1 (just under 110) at bedtime and, once again, started this morning at that exact same number -- weird -- but I do like the number okay, so won't question the pattern as long as it stays in the 'good place'. :shrug:

Aww ROSEY . . . I do know how you feel. Hope everything works out okay.

Strange as it sounds, THIN . . . I honestly do not like real whipped cream. go figure?

Glad the finger is doing okay MONET . . . I've never used liquid bandage, but they say it's good as a protective device for we finger-pricking quilters, too.

BTW . . . did you know that November is National Diabetes Month (US) and November 14 is World Diabetes Day? What better time for a little piece of good news to hit my E:Mail for a change . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...11/01&q1=&cen= . . . :yay:

Anyway, gang . . . Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. Keep doing the good stuff and I'll see you later -- if I have power, that is. :dizzy:

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-03-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowee (Post 1916647)

Strange as it sounds, THIN . . . I honestly do not like real whipped cream. go figure?

Wow, that is strange, I thought for sure you would love it too.

My BG was 5.9 this morning (106) the FRIST time it's been under 6 in over 2 weeks.

I am off to the dietitans today for my weigh in... wish me luck. I also have to shop for a bathing suit... wish me even more luck for that please! :o

akrosey49 11-03-2007 02:23 PM

Morning ladies.. another frosty day here.. my sl was 94 this am inspite of the minisnickers bar i ate last night:?:i am feeling better.. after talking to my mom and getting the results of all her tests etc..i think shes going to be fine..and she has a really good attitude about all this..medical knowledge is really more advanced and cancer is not a death sentence anymore in most cases..thankyou for the support.. thin goodluck at your weigh in and finding a swimsuit..meowee hope the weather passes you ..monet sry you had ruined art work how disapointing for you,hope the finger better..not sure what on the agenda for today..i used up my nervous energy doing house work yesterday so today i dont have any"have to do's":D ttfn :hug: rosey :wave:

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-03-2007 06:40 PM

Hi girls... I lot 7.5 pounds in the last 3 weeks.... I weighed in at 155.5 today.

Found a bathing suit, but gosh it was so expensive! there were hardly any out on display anywhere and I had to take what I could find.

Rosey, glad you and your Mom are doing better :)

hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday, I am just heading out for dinner.

See you tomorrow!

meowee 11-03-2007 08:13 PM

:yay: THIN . . . you are really going to knock some socks off on that cruise, girl. Why is it that the less fabric in the article, the more it seems to cost? Always seems to work that way with shoes, too. :lol:

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-04-2007 01:29 AM

Thanks Meowee, I can't tell you how happy I feel to have lost the weight I have.

Tonight I went out for dinner, they served grlld chicken on caesar salad and some nice breads... I know the dressing was loaded with fat but it wasn't like there was an alternative. At least the chicken was plain grilled breasts.I had a piece of pie and a glass of wine and gt this, my BG is 6.9

Yes when I eat well it is up over 7... I think I am going crazy.

meowee 11-04-2007 10:30 AM

Good Morning . . . Good Morning . . . :wave:

Just wanted to let you know that our little 'affair' with Hurricane Noel was not as bad as originally predicted. It has stopped raining and the sun is actually trying to break through the clouds from time to time. Forecasters are saying the wind should die down sometime this afternoon; we are still having gusts at 85 mph (140 kph). All in all, not too bad, though -- at least not right around my area, anyway. We had a pretty scary night with the wind rattling windows and shaking the house and the rain pounding down relentlessly . . . but, as of right now, Nova Scotia is still attached to North America (there were times last night I would not have been surprised to find that we'd been blown out to the mid-Atlantic somewhere :lol:).

My BGL was in the low 6's (105-110) this morning. So, everything is pretty much okay with me. The feline menagerie had a really bouncy kind of night. Not sure what it is about storms that bothers animals so much. Today, they are calming down again . . . so guess that's another sign it is on the way out. :yes:

PS -- welcome to the wonderful world of diabetes THIN . . . I don't expect to ever really get things figured out . . . the disease likes to make sure you remember who is boss (and it ain't us) -- just keep doing the best you can. :D

Have a great day doing good stuff . . . see you all later . . . :grouphug:

minimouth 11-05-2007 08:47 AM

minimouth

Hello everyone, let me jump in and introduce myself. I am a 63 year old type 2 diabetic diagnosed 5 years ago with a A1c of 12.1 and weight 287. I started taking Avandia and did real good on it till the heart scare came out, so my doctor took me off of it in May and put me on Glipizide 5mg. twice a day. In Aug. my A1c was 6.1 and my weight 274. I have other issues such as liver disease and I'm a 2 time cancer survivor. Also have nueropathy in my feet and legs. I can't walk due to the severe osteoarthritis in my knees. I played around with my weight and food issues for the first 4 and 1/2 years but now I'm ready to get serious.

I started drinking a glucerna shake 30 minutes after taking my morning meds and that has really helped with my BG. I get meals on wheels at lunch and eat a Lean Cuisine or other frozen meal for dinner. I take my evening meds. about 2 hours later then in 30 mins. I have a bedtime snack of some kind of deli meat and a couple of crackers. This regimen has really helped my morning highs.

My evil downfall are pastries! I love cakes, doughnuts and pies. My only salvation is never having any in the house or never going into a pastry shop. My lord, how will I ever get past the upcoming holidays?

Sorry this has been so long, I'll try to keep it shorter from now on.

Carolyn

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-05-2007 08:52 AM

Hi Carolyn, welcome to the thread!

Your A1C has come down amazingly! From 12 to 6 is fabulous. :)

The holidays are a tough time with all those temptations coming at us, just take it one day at a time.

geekgirl127 11-05-2007 09:08 AM

meowee -- Thanks for the welcome. Glad that the huricane wasn't as bad as expected

Rosey -- I'm so sorry about your mom that most be so stressful. I'm glad she has a good attitude about everything

Thin -- Thanks for the welcome as well. Congrats on the good blood sugar levels, wieghtloss and yay on finding a suit!!

Carolyn -- that is awesome that you got such good control over you numbers

OK so I did finally decide I'm going to try the Medifast plan. I ordered everything and am waiting on it to come this week. I'll stick with SB through the week, I am going to allow myself to drink at my friend's 30th bday party as this is a kid free night for me with some of my very best friends (also a kid free night for another couple I'm very close too :lol: which is rare that we can coincide it) and I want to have fun and not worry about it. SO I'll start Monday :D

akrosey49 11-05-2007 01:25 PM

Morning everyone.. another frosty cold morning this am..dont know what the sl was becuz i forgot to do it:?:hope u all had a nice weekend..carolyn.. welcome to our group..wtg on the lower sl #'s i like pastries and desearts too.. good plan to not bring them into the house..thin good choices and what swimsuit did you get? geek girl good luck on your new plan let us know how it works for you..enjoy your one day indulgence have fun.. meowee hope your day is going well.... i talked to my mom yesterday and shes all settled in at my sisters waiting to start her treatments..shes a strong women and will be fine even tho im scared for her..today is abrand new day and im trying to put my stress on a backburner and do what i know im suppose to..have to run errands today ttfn (((:hug:))) rosey :wave:

Jeanne88 11-05-2007 03:01 PM

Wow,,hi all have missed you something terrible,,having phone problems with the line out side coming in so have been hooked up to an out side line which won't let me get on the comp,,should be fixed soon,,for some reason,,mostly because it is dry right now it let me get on line,,

SO,,,how have you all been,,Rosey read about your mom,,sending up prayers,,your right so much new stuff out there to treat us now,,,anyway good luck you you and yours,,it is hard to not be there I am sure,,,

Winter is here cold and had one snow but didn't stick yet,,,still working glad hunting season is over,,,was a hard run at the bar,,lots of food,,my bs has been up and down,,,need to go to the doctor this month,,was 125 this morning,,have put on some pounds in the last 3 months so am working on that,,,,never ending,,,

I see some of you have lost pds,,congrats,,,have really missed coming every day,,,,hi to all and welcome to the new folks I saw,,,Jeanne

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-05-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akrosey49 (Post 1918890)
thin good choices and what swimsuit did you get? :wave:

Hi Rosey :)

I bought a tank-ini, the bottom is black with a floral piping around the waistband that matches the top of the bathing suit, which is a red/white/black floral with little beads and crystals sewn on. I look like **** in it LOL but I look better than I would have a few months ago so I am not complaining.

I'm at the stage in my weight loss where I look good - with clothes on. Lots of them -the more the better LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne88 (Post 1919067)
Wow,,hi all have missed you something terrible,,

Missed seeing you too Jeanne, I was wondering where you got to.

Speaking of the missing, where is Miss Meowee today? I look forward to her post with an info link every day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekgirl127 (Post 1918420)
I am going to allow myself to drink at my friend's 30th bday party as this is a kid free night for me with some of my very best friends (

Hi geekgirl - I hear you on that one! LOL, definitely have your drink and enjoy it. Don't feel guilty,this is a really special occasion.

Let me know how the medifast is going for you, do they have a program for diabetics?

Well everyone, it was a miserable Monday, both weather wise and work wise, I'm happy to be home now and hope my evening goes better than my day did.

I just took a vaccine called DUKORAL, it is to prevent Cholera & traveler's diarrhea for my trip to Egypt. I take one dose today and one in a week, it's an oral vaccine that you drink... ick :o gross stuff really and I had to take it on an empty stomach. I can eat again in an hour.

Glad my first dose is done, but now I have to make my 13 year old daughter take her vaccine and that could be difficult! :dizzy:

suddenly susan 11-05-2007 04:03 PM

Anybody have troubles with their type 2 while pregnant? I am 21 weeks pregnant & my BGL have gone from being stable to low with my regular insulin for about 18 weeks to back up to high again! I will talk to my doc about it tomorrow, but I was just wondering if this is a normal phenomenon that as the pregnancy goes on, it gets harder!
:(

.susan.

Casandra 11-05-2007 04:08 PM

That sounds about right to be honest. You have to keep five million extra eyes on your BSL whilst pregnant. I mean, wake up every couple hours to check, try and get a continuous monitor through your insurance or something similar. Being pregnant and a diabetic is one of the hardest paths to follow. You really have to be dedicated to the health of your unborn child. I'm sure you know the risks that the baby could incur due to the spikes and drops in your blood glucose levels.

Really keep an eye on your blood sugars, and consult with your doctor often!!

meowee 11-05-2007 05:47 PM

Wowee . . . this day really got away from me . . . Sorry I've been missing, gang and I really don't know what I've got to show for not getting here until after 6 pm (my time). In my travels today I chatted with a lot of people who are still without power and in just the five minute drive to the post office, I counted 7 trees and 3 fences knocked down -- boy, did I ever get lucky. :yes:

BGL was not too great at 7.3 (131) this morning, but it was down to 6.2 112 before lunch. Wonder where I will finish up today?

Think we are getting close to snow too, ROSEY . . . :mad: . . . We had a very heavy frost on the ground this morning and the temperature was a few degrees below the freezing mark. Sun never did show up, but at least the wind was calm.

That bathing suit sounds great THIN and I bet everybody else will think you look fine . . . we are always our own worst critics . . . but I know what you mean about feeling better with more clothes on. :yes:

Hi there CAROLYN . . . :welcome: to the group and :wel3fc: too. I'm particularly happy to meet someone close to my own age . . . BTW, hope you will take a look at our Sticky Thread "Getting to Know You". Most of us have put our history information in there. I agree that you are doing sooooo well with those numbers already. Keep up the good work, Chickie . . . we are all here for you.

Hey GG . . . I think Medifast would be a great idea, at least for a kick-start. I've been researching it for myself since Suzanne and Jennifer gave it a good trial (see the main 3FC page for the review). I ran it past my doctor who wants to wait and see if my BGL stays/gets stable since I stopped shooting the insulin last month; so I may think about it for January. They do have some stuff that is specially formulated for diabetics but I honestly believe that most of the stuff is pretty diabetic friendly. I do know my doctor will probably want me to try one of the slightly modified versions -- 4 Medifast Meals and 2 Lean and Green Meals -- instead of the normal 5 / 1 plan; partly because of the diabetes and partly because of my age. I do recommend you talk to your doctor about it first because you may need to do additional testing until you body gets used to the new regimen.

Hey JEANNE . . . so great to hear from you . . . hope those phone line problems are over soon, we really, really missed you. :hug:

SUSAN . . . congratulations BTW :hug:. . . as I read your post I was worrying because I had absolutely no idea what to suggest (since I was well into menopause before I was even diagnosed). Keep us posted on how things go with the doctor visit.

Very glad to see that CASANDRA was able to relay some information for our pregnant friend . . . and a big :hug: for you too Casandra.

Anyway . . . guess I'd better get moving -- the menagerie is letting me know that it is definitely dinner time . . . I'll try to get here earlier tomorrow. In the meantime, keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . :carrot:

Ellen 11-05-2007 10:15 PM

Hey everyone! I am crazy busy! The craft fair is this coming Saturday. I glazed this morning, fired and will have to unload tomorrow and load right back up! Then I have to do inventory and put price tags on everything.

I got a walk in today...since I missed water aerobics. I pushed Kaeleb in his stroller, which was surely good for some calorie burn, right? :)

Once this show is over, I hope to be around more.

Jeanne, it was great to see your post. I have been wondering where you were!

NightengaleShane 11-06-2007 08:19 AM

Hey everyone :wave:

I found out yesterday that I hit my goal weight :woohoo: I posted my story in one thread and my pictures in the other if anyone is curious. Just in time, too, as I know it would be difficult to lose weight during the holidays... so I wish the best of luck to everyone losing in hopes that no one gains over Christmas and (for the Americans) thanksgiving. :)

meowee, remember when I posted the link to the Dexcom constant glucose monitoring device, and you told me that it was an invention that would probably work after 2 or 3 more versions? You were right. Meg's son is diabetic and actually had a "free" trial with the Dexcom thing (not so free if you have to change the chip once a week and the chips are $60 a pop! :eek:) and was VERY disappointed because it never gave him an accurate reading. BAH!

:welcome: to minimouth and geekgirl127

Thin - 155! Congratulations! You've lost so much and I'm sure you look amaaaaazing. :D Hmmm... an oral vaccine to prevent traveler's diarrhea... you know, since vaccines put a little bit of the virus into your system, and sometimes you feel a little bit like whatever virus you're getting vaccinated against, I wonder if that oral vaccine had you running to the toilet minutes later :lol: just kidding of course :p

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-06-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightengaleShane (Post 1919853)

Thin - 155! Congratulations! You've lost so much and I'm sure you look amaaaaazing. :D

I'm going to catch up to you, skinny minnie! :D Congrats on meeting your goal, what a great accomplishment! It's been a long road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightengaleShane (Post 1919853)
Hmmm... an oral vaccine to prevent traveler's diarrhea... you know, since vaccines put a little bit of the virus into your system, and sometimes you feel a little bit like whatever virus you're getting vaccine

you're right, after I took the vaccine.. I read up on it :dizzy: I basically gave myself a dose of cholera bacteria - but a harmless strain of it... so now my system is producing antibodies to fight it, and in a few weeks if I get hit with the real bacteria - I've got all the antibodies ready to go, so I shouldn't get sick.

I got real hot and flushed in the face an hour after taking it, and then I was suddenly exhausted and had to go to bed. I feel okay this morning... so far.

meowee 11-06-2007 09:41 AM

Good Morning, Good Morning . . . etcetera

We have sunshine but it is a little cool out there -- Hey it's that time of year I guess. So I'll settle for sunshine. :yes: BGL was a very happy 5.4 (97) this morning and that is helping me feel nice and sunny on the inside, too.

Congratulations SHANE :high: Good luck with the maintenance over the holidays. Someday, they will perfect that continuous monitoring and, hopefully, make it available at a semi-reasonable cost.

Hi there MONET. I have this wonderfully vivid picture of you running down the street pushing a stroller in front of you. Have fun . . . :D

Anyway gang . . . I'm going out to play in the sunshine . . . keep things moving and shaking today and I will see you all a little later. . . :carrot:

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-06-2007 10:05 AM

It was pretty cold here this morning, I could see my breath!

I didn't take my BG this morning, after the vaccine and a swiss chalet dinner I didn't want to know. :(

Jeanne88 11-06-2007 11:11 AM

Good morning all and congrats on the wt lossed and goal wt I saw,,good for you and all your hard work,,,I finally changed my ticker tape not 204 anymore but 219 now,,,urrrr,,only me to blame,,so hopefully will be moving it down in a week or so,,,my bs was 89 this morning,,feeling pretty good,,,cold and frosty out but pretty clear,,,still making jam today,almost have the rasb done and then only strawberry left to do already did the plum,,will end up with about 75 jars altogether,,gifts for my christmas baskets,,,

Thanks for all the warm welcome backs sure made me feel nice and warm inside , you all are great,,,and I have missed coming here so much and the contant support it gives me,,

Welcome to all the new names I saw,,,later have a wonderful day,,anyone else out there stressing over christmas yet ?,,ha,,Jeanne

minimouth 11-06-2007 12:35 PM

For November . . . I plan to continue down that road and -- drum roll pleaaase -- kick my Cool Whip addiction -- Now, there is nothing wrong with a little CW; but I cannot 'do' a little CW. It's gotten so it's like ice cream, chocolate, and peanut butter in my hands. No control whatsoever.

Meowee,
Here is a suggestion for kicking the CW addiction. Set the bowl in a warm place and wait for it to melt. Take the lid off and if you can - take a gulp. It is so nasty you may never want to look at a bowl of Cool Whip again much less eat it! Cured my 3 small grandchildren!!!

Carolyn

akrosey49 11-06-2007 12:56 PM

Morning everyone.. its frosty cold out this am.. daisy slid off the steps on her way down..she hasnt experienced snow and ice yet.. she had the most shocked look on her little furry face:o..my sl was 114 this am i remembered to do it.. abit high for me but stress will do that..jeanne welcome back i really really missed you:hug:.. shane those are awsome pictures congrats on reaching your goal weight:carrot:..monet hope the pots turn out great..thin hope the cure worked without to many btrm troubles,how did your dd handle it ?..welcomeCarolyn :hug:..morning mewoee enjoy the sun.. i just realized that thanksgiving is just around the corner..so i usually have everyone here so that means some extra house work etc etc:?:but we do pot luck so that really helps..what do u all do for thanksgiving ? as far as eating goes i sample a little of everything for the one meal and then go back to my food plan..anyways chickies i'd best get something accomplished today ttfn (((hugs))) rosey :wave:

meechster2000 11-06-2007 04:11 PM

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie, usually just Meech for short.

I'm type 1 and started afresh last week trying to lose some weight. I've been diabetic since my first birthday so I ought to know the ropes but some bad lifestyle choices have seen my weight rise to 231 pounds in recent years. Today I'm celebrating losing my first two of sixty three pounds!

I get bored really easily so am not following any set diet plan, counting calories or anything too heavy. To start with I've just cut the rubbish out of my diet, the caffeine, the alcohol, sweet things and cheese have all gone and I've got a pedometer that I'm trying to clock up 10,000 steps daily too.

My blood sugar levels are usually pretty good until work goes nuts (my other half and I own a pub and restaurant) when I tend to have some major hypos at times. Am working on levelling all that and being a good diabetic.

That's about it. Love to know how that anti-diahorrea vaccine goes, I've had food poisoning on 2 holidays (one my honeymoon in Mexico!) which have seen me hospitalised and on a drip as I seem to have a poor immune system.

meowee 11-06-2007 05:06 PM

:welcome: to the group MEECH and :wel3fc: too. Have a read of the Sticky entitled "Getting to Know You" for a little info about most of us . . . obviously, the majority of us are Type II (just like the majority of all diabetics) but we do have a couple of type I's floating around with us. Good luck on the journey . . . we are all here to cheer you on.

Wow CAROLYN, never thought of that, but not suprised. After all Cool Whip is a petroleum product. Imagine it would be like drinking gasoline. Yuck. so far I'm doing fine just be not having it in the house.

:lol: Watching Daisy skidding around must have been precious ROSEY. Luckily our Thanksgiving is long past. No more violent temptations until Christmas for me.

Well THIN. As much as I like to read you the riot act from time to time, I do understand. I've had those kind of mornings too. Just don't let it turn into a habit.

Wowee JEANNE . . . I'm starting to :drool: thinking about how great your home must smell right now. Don't know how you can stay so strong in the face of all that temptations; but keep up the good work. :yes:

Have a great evening doing lots and lots of good stuff, gang . . . see you later. :grouphug:

meechster2000 11-06-2007 05:32 PM

I meant to ask and forgot, whats a Cool Whip?

meowee 11-06-2007 05:40 PM

Fake Whipped Cream . . . basically low fat, low calorie . . . an edible oil product that contains nasty old HFCS. Okay in small amounts (as intended) but definitely not okay the way I've been eating it. :o