3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   "DIETING WITH DIABETES" - Nov/Dec, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/126236-dieting-diabetes-nov-dec-2007-a.html)

creations 12-01-2007 12:10 PM

Feeling alittle better. Went and did some shopping this morning. Just a few odds and ends and I'm done Christmas shopping. Now to get my eating back on track. The scale says I've lost but my clothes say I gained. I will be happy if I can stay the same thru the holidays. Suppose to get a storm after 6 tonight,so I better do the outside decorations.

Judy

meechster2000 12-01-2007 07:50 PM

Hi all, I have a question to pose; is it ok to eat less calories than you should be? I've been tracking mine for the last two days on fitday and yesterday I racked up just under 1500 and today almost 1300 when I reckon I should be eating about 2000. I feel ok, I'm not hungry so don't want anything else but is this ok?

It's still raining here but we had a bit of hail thrown into the mix this evening at one point we thought the storm drain was going to flood and the rain water come in through the front door but luckily not.

Am off to bed...it's a tough decision, Hockey Night in Canada is on the box but where as it's a pretty civilised time for most of you its nearly 1am here so am tearing myself away from Pittsburgh and Montreal coz common sense tells me to.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

meowee 12-01-2007 08:26 PM

I'm with you JUDY . . . if I can come out the end of December with my current ticker number being correct I will be a happy camper . . . :yes:

Well now MEECH . . . Personally I don't get excited about the number of calories I consume on a daily basis. I do try to hit about 1500 to 1600 daily average over the course of a week. Although you and I weigh about the same, I would gain at 2000 daily average -- but, I am more than twice your age and, unfortunately, that does make quite a difference. If you can successfully lose about a pound a week at a higher number of calories, I'd suggest you try for that higher number if for no other reason than you will eventually (as you get closer to goal) have to cut calories to keep on losing and you don't want to risk your health by trying to cut down below 1200 or so. Most important thing, of course, is to keep your BGL as balanced as possible regardless of the number of calories you are consuming.

Speaking of BGL numbers . . . I've been developing the strangest pattern over the past few days . . . I start out too high in the morning; go up even higher as I approach noon; and then start dropping like a rock. My eating pattern doesn't seem to have very much to do with it, either. Except that I do eat cereal for breakfast most of the time -- maybe I need to switch my meals around completely . . . hmmmmm.

Anyway, enough of my blathering . . . have a good night gang . . . see you tomorrow. :wave:

meowee 12-02-2007 05:50 AM

Hi everybody . . . :wave:

Good Morning -- I think. I've been up since 4 am . . . at 4:15 this morning my BGL was 4.6 (83). Obviously nothing wrong with that, but if I'd gone back to bed and slept for another 3 hours, I bet it would have bottomed out and then gone high again. So . . . mystery solved . . . maybe. The bad news, of course, is that now my day is all inside out and upside down, because breakfast happened so very early. Think I'll go back to bed for a little while.

See you later.

meechster2000 12-02-2007 10:13 AM

Thanks Monet, will proceed at the current level of eating healthily, monitoring fat and calories and hopefully the pounds will continue to drop off bit by bit.

sapphire9 12-03-2007 03:16 PM

Hi, all. We've had a lot of cold dry weather lately. It was down to the 40s Friday and Saturday. (I know, Rosey and Meowee are laughing). Saw the doctor for my leg on Friday. By that time there wasn't much to tell except my chronic knee pain. He gave me a shot of cortisone for that but it didn't completely do the job. My leg and knee sort of feel wobbly. Hope it clears up soon because I want to go Xmas shopping.
Meech - as far as explaining to people in the office about being diabetic. They all know but aren't going to make any concessions for me. The person who has been bringing in the Costco treats lately is a contrarian and if I ask him not to do it, he'll just bring in more. I just have to ignore what's there.
I've been really bad lately. Being immobile for a week didn't help either. I'm going to tone it down this week. Wish me luck.:snowglo:

meowee 12-03-2007 05:01 PM

Hi . . . :grouphug:

Sorry I've been missing today. Decided I had to take advantage of the little lull between blizzards to get out and about and catch up on grocery shopping and a few other errands. Today hasn't exactly been nice, but at least not much in the way of wind or precipitation. The wind is picking up again now and tomorrow is supposed to be blizzard no. 2. :mad: Then a couple of calmer days again before No. 3 shows up. This is not a good way to start December.

ROSETTA . . . you have no idea how happy I'd be to see the 40's right now. You just do the best you can avoiding all those treats, Chickie. :yes:

Well . . . when I finally got home; totally exhausted from daling with the snow and then the shopping . . . I discovered that Mouse had thrown up a hairball (and companion mess) all over my computer room. While cleaning that up, I managed to upset another glass of water over my printer and keyboard. Everything seems to be working; but I guess I need to get some soda water and spot clean a couple of places on the rug -- doesn't look too bad, but I don't care for the smell. OMG, tell me again about how these wonderful pets of ours are so good for us because they lower our blood pressure. :dizzy:

Speaking of blood (not pressure - the sugar, part). The BGL was okay this morning at 6.8 (122). But then I didn't stop for lunch and I went way to low while wandering around in Walmart and ended up at 8.9 (160) by the time I finally got something to eat into me. My own dumb fault. :(

Hope the rest of you hve been having a pretty good day . . . see you tomorrow . . . :carrot:

MAMA BEAR 12-03-2007 08:08 PM

:cool: Hello Ladies ... My day was very busy for sure & it's going to be a busy week too. I had a lot of healthy & good foods for today ...

Breakfast -
SASUAGE PATTY
SPECIAL K CEREAL w/ BLUEBERRIES
COFFEE

Lunch -
TURKEY
CHEESE CHUNCKS
CRACKERS w/ PEANUT BUTTER

Dinner -
SALAD w/ BACON & HAM & RANCH DRESSING
GREEN TEA
BUTTERNUT SQUASH w/ ONION & PEACANS *

* ANYONE WANTING RECIPE GIVE ME A YELL & I WILL BE MORE THEN HAPPY TO SHARE IT !!

:hug: I am going to grab some HOT TEA & CLIMB INTO BED & READ so see U tomorrow sometime !!

akrosey49 12-03-2007 09:37 PM

Hi everyone..sry i have been mia..ive just been busy..did yah miss me :D..my sl has been staying nice and low and i have been trying to maintain my wgt and being careful of my eating except at social functions..my dd and i went shopping yesterday and my grdd followed me around and i had a very pleasant time inspite of the crowded stores and cranky people..today my dd and i put up the xmas tree..the dh opted for the fake tree(as i knew he would but wanted him to have the option so now he cant complain about it)it looks really nice.. and now we have to replace afew lights on my deck..it has been beastly cold and windy here but no snow..i plan on baking tomorrow..and then wrapping the gifts but wont put them under the tree becuz Daisy loves to tear up paper :?:i fell asleep last night listening to xams music.. i guess you cant guess that i really love xmas..meowee sry the kities made a mess yuk we love them anyways..rosetta sure hope your leg gets better soon(:hug:)..monet hows the pottery coming along?..judy glad you are feeling "xmas" a little more..meechster i dont count calories either i count ww pts and carbs,it works for me..jeanne where are u? welcome mama bear..well suppers almost done and have anew movie to watch tonight..ttfn ((hugs))) for all rosey :wave:

meechster2000 12-04-2007 12:12 PM

Sometimes life just sucks and I think I'm having one of those weeks. The car got broken into on Sunday and my father-in-law has been rushed into hospital, its apparently very serious so the husband has gone down country to be with his mum. I've been a bit low (2.6) at lunchtime but caught it in time but because I was very busy when a bit ott with food and was 13.2 last time I checked. Bit fed up really but got a low fat feta and chicken burger for tea (a weight watchers recipe I think) which is something to look forward to.

Meech

creations 12-04-2007 12:52 PM

Just trying to stay on track this cold winter day. Have to go out later and rearchor my snowman the wind keeps blowing it. Won't have to go out otherwise until Thursday and then I hope to finish my Christmas shopping. Next weeks the parties start. That will be hard.
Stay warm
Judy

meowee 12-04-2007 02:45 PM

Hi gang . . . :wave:

Terrible, terrible day around here -- certainly glad I got out and did a bunch of errands yesterday -- would not want to be trying to go anywhere today. Hopefully I'll get my christmas wrapping done this afternoon and that way I won't feel that the day is a total waste.

ROSEY -- sounds like you are way ahead of the Christmas stuff -- good on you, Chickie.

MEECH -- sorry to hear about your rotten happenings -- just keep doing your best.

JUDY -- stay warm -- hope your weather improves soon.

Anyway . . . better get a move on and check into a few more places around 3FC. Keep things moving and shaking jsut as much as you can, everybody . . . :carrot:

MAMA BEAR 12-04-2007 06:10 PM

:carrot: Well ladies I wanted to stop in and say that WEATHER PERMITTING I am going to the DOCTOR in the morning for BLOOD WORK and they are going to test my A1C to see if I am good enough 2 go w/out PILLS { Glucovance - 2times a day } so I will be in when I can !!

meechster2000 12-04-2007 07:30 PM

Thanks Meowee, I didn't mean to dump all my woes here, it just seemed to come out.

I don't seem to be losing any weight recently, not for the past couple of weeks. I've been good on the diet (with the exception of yesterday I've been well under my calorie allowance) and I just havent shifted any weight for the past couple of weeks. Going to the gym tomorrow so that may help a bit. Should I be hitting a plateau already?

Oh yeah, its still raining, just for a change!

akrosey49 12-04-2007 08:52 PM

Hi everyone..its beastly cold here today snowing and very windy brrrrrrrrr ..finished my crafting projects and now started baking..my sl was 100 this am..my girlfriend came by for a visit today and showed me her projects she was working in we had a good gab fest..meechster..when i was stalled in my weight loss i was told to eat more for a few days to shake up my metabolism..still making good choices but eating more of them and then going back to lower amounts.. the body gets used to what you are doing and goes into a starve protection mode so you can trick your metabolism by alternating your calories or like me with my my ww pts..sounds silly but it works..weight wathchers calls it the "wendy plan" you can check it out here where people are on wt ww's..i have hit those awful plateaus and they are no fun when u do everything right and dont loose..try alternating your calories every day to a diff number making good chocies for a week and see if you dont get a result..it worked for me but with all diabetics we are all diff but its worth a try..good luck.. hello to all the other chickies hope u had a great day (((:hug:))) rosey :wave: