3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   "DIETING WITH DIABETES" - Nov/Dec, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/126236-dieting-diabetes-nov-dec-2007-a.html)

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-10-2007 07:36 AM

Good Mornign Everyone.. BG was a nasty 7.7 this morning (138.6)

Meowee, congratulations on Blizzard, how sweet. If you can please take a pic of the furry little addition to your home. :)

creations, welcome back - glad to hear you are busy, good luck with your shows.

Well I'm off on another marathon shopping trip.... just 9 days now until we fly to Rome!

meechster2000 11-10-2007 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinGirl in FatBody (Post 1925059)
Good Mornign Everyone.. BG was a nasty 7.7 this morning (138.6)

Well I'm off on another marathon shopping trip.... just 9 days now until we fly to Rome!

Do you find a 7.7 blood sugar really bad? I try and keep mine below 10 and above 4, my last HBA1C thing was 8.5 which was too high so aiming to get that below 7.5. Have a fun shopping trip, I love shopping. :dizzy:

Meowee You so have to post a piccy of your cat, I love my cat, should add a picture of her some place here. There's a piccy of her here http://www.failfordinn.co.uk/accommodation/index.html

Today I'm very proud of myself, I had to work in the kitchen a bit last night as one of our chefs is off and I didn't nibble on anything, no chips, no cheese and no desserts. That's a pretty major achievement for me as previously I would pick at bits and pieces. As a result the scales are looking happier this morning and am almost looking forward to my proper weigh in on Tuesday.

meowee 11-10-2007 11:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi there . . . :grouphug:

I sooooo slept in this morning . . . partly because I was only up to the bathroom once in the night (compared to my usual 3 times). However, my BGL was up to 7.3 (131) this morning . . . both that and the 1 bathroom trip might be connected to the salty and starchy Pizza indulgence that I called my dinner last night. :o

MEECH . . . the common guidelines here in Canada (and the US) are for fasting BGL to be between 3.5 and 7.0 (below 120 on the US scale) as much as possible and to hopefully keep the A1C below 7.0 also (the US uses the same A1C scale as the rest of us, BTW; since it reflects a percentage of glucose in the blood). You are definitely right, you need to get your A1C down. Congrats on staying away from those kitchen nibbles. :yes: Also . . . :love: the cat picture . . . what's her name?

THIN . . . oh wow, you must be getting soooooo excited. Have fun shopping.

JUDY, JUDY, JUDY . . . so glad to see you back with us; we've definitely missed you. How old is your cat? Maybe she's developing arthritis? Could you try moving the litter upstairs for a while to see if it makes a difference?

Oh gosh ROSEY . . . I sure hope the DH "learns" before it kills you. . . ;) Hopefully, he'll find himself a self-sufficient hobby really soon . . . :)

Things are starting to settle on the cat front. Blizzard seems to have made peace with the other two males. He is still chasing Purrecious; who has gone into hiding and the other two females (the Bengal sisters) are being very, very standoffish and acting quite terrified of him although he just ignores then when they do slink out from under the couch. Hopefully this will pass quickly, though. I have posted a couple of pictures.

Well, gang . . . it's almost 1 pm here in Nova Scotia and I'd better get myself moving and shaking . . . :carrot: . . . Hope everybody has a great day . . . see you all later . . . :wave:

meowee 11-10-2007 02:55 PM

Here's another good article on that nasty topic of Kidney Disease . . .

http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...470f8199d4&p=1

ThinGirl in FatBody 11-10-2007 06:26 PM

Hi everyone... I was a bad, bad girl today. For lunch I had eggs benedict and a mimosa (champagne, OJ & Peach schnapps)

Later I had a cappuccino and a donut! what the heck is happening to me?, I think it's the nervous excitement of the trip next week and the fact that I was out all day with a girlfriend who loves to make me eat.

I'll be better tomorrow... promise

Meech
- Your cat is beautiful!
http://www.failfordinn.co.uk/accommodation/bill.JPG

Congratulations on working about the kitchen and NOT submitting to a single temptation, good work :)

Meowee, Blizzard is adorable with those grey marks on his head LOL, he looks like he has settled in fine already.

Have a nice Saturday evening everyone, and a nice Sunday too.

meechster2000 11-10-2007 06:57 PM

Hi all, the wind is getting up here, the husband is full of cold and the staff are dropping like flies with colds and flu. I don't know how it hasn't caught me yet but I'm beginning to think my days are numbered.

Thanks for the clarity Meowee, a lot of people's postings on their blood sugars don't mean a lot to me as we use the other scale but thats cleared it up. I'm fairly certain my HBA1C will be down, my control is better with me not eating so much rubbish although the hypos hit tonight which wasn't a lot of fun.

Thin, that's Bill, she's also called Fat William even though she's a girl as she patrols the beer garden and begs off people for food tidbits. I think I must have passed my bad eating habits on to her! Meowee's Blizzard is beautiful, almost pure white...a very fitting name.

I'm off to update my blog with my food diary and achievements for the day and then its off to bed. Sleep well all.

creations 11-10-2007 07:10 PM

Just home from show. It was a good one. Only 1 left for the season.

Sasha is only 5. She's been good the last 24 hours. Its like at night she doesn't want to go downstairs. No problem with Tori who's 14.

Get to see our granddaughters tomorrow.

Judy

Casandra 11-10-2007 07:34 PM

Welcome Meech! And as for your question on a 7ish blood sugar level being fine....its good for a type one diabetic to be within that range, but for type two, they aim much lower. I often test my (non diabetic) fiance's blood sugar and its well below 7. (I use the other scale btw, the mm/l)

Type two of course is more where the pancreas isnt secreting ENOUGH insulin, whereas our pancreas' just stopped functioning altogether. Type Two diabetics can more easily control their blood sugars through a good diet and maybe with the help of tablets because they're still producing insulin.

We have to manage and rely solely upon two separate insulin types, as well as our own initiative to maintain a healthy (ish) lifestyle. Thus adding in complicated maths with sliding scales for insulin vs carbs consumed and the like.

I'm also a type one diabetic, but my grand parents have recently found out that they have type two diabetes. I was diagnosed before they were.

I've been in hibernation mode lately, where I eat absolutely everything. I've had some days where no matter how hard I try, I cant help but nibble through work. My job is that boring, I guess. I need to eat to stay awake. I've tried chewing gum and drinking loads of water, but they just dont work. My sugar levels have also been pretty much down the toilet no matter how hard I work at it due to my having caught the flu already. It didnt even give me a chance to go in for the flu shot! :(

I'm trying to eat more healthily, but I'm finding that hard to achieve. My job pays next to nothing...I havent even been paid since the middle of October and payday is Nov 30th.

I am craving fruits n vegetables, even more so, my favourite cold weather meal from when I was younger. Pork chops, macaroni and cheese, green beans, and pear halves.

I'm going to try and make a mock Season All. My mom used to use it on pork chops and potato wedges. The taste of home. I'm really starting to miss it! lol

Take care everyone! I'll be popping by more often, since I promised Shane that once she reached goal it'd be my turn! :P

<3

meowee 11-11-2007 08:29 AM

Morning . . . :grouphug:

The weather is very ugly today -- worse than last Sunday's brush with hurricane Noel -- it's been raining since late afternoon yesterday; it's very windy and it's cold -- worse than that, the great and glorious prediction is for up to six inches of heavy, wet, SNOW. :yikes: Personally, I think it will probably stay mostly rain (:crossed:); but I have been wrong before. :( Very unfortunate, because it will certainly put a crimp in church attendance today and every denomination has something special planned because of Remembrance Day.

I'm going to be sticking pretty close to home today anyway . . . maybe I'll get some sewing done. :)

The menagerie is still being silly. Mostly the fault of the females who are still being very fearful and therefore lots of hissing and growling aimed toward Blizzard.

My BGL is still a little higher than I'd like at 6.9 (124) this morning. Hopefully it will come down a bit as the day progresses.

CASANDRA and MEECH -- guess things are a little different in the UK -- here in Canada (and I think the US, too, from my reading) 7.0 is pretty much the goal number for everybody. But every jurisdiction (and every Diabetic) is a little different from every other. You honestly have to go with whatever your doctor suggests is the best goal for you. BTW, when you read one of those high, high BGL numbers posted by one of our US buddies, Meech, just divide by 18 to get to the more familiar numer.

Anyway . . . here is today's little gem from my e:mail in-box . . . an article about the use of anti-depressant drugs for the relief of those mysterious 'tingles' . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...edec0354dd&p=1

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned and that your weather is quite a bit less nasty than mine . . . :carrot:

meechster2000 11-11-2007 09:47 AM

It's an education coming here, I've been diabetic for 30 out my 31 years and I'm learning so much new stuff.

Thanks for the welcome Cassandra and all the information. Resist the bad foods, go for some nice fresh soup...very comforting in this cold weather!

I'm having an on and off day, pub varies from having these mad rushes to quiet half hours so I've sneaked upstairs to catch up here before the night shift starts. Sticking to my food plan which I'm pleased with and hoping to start my walking plan properly this week when some of the ailing staff are hoping to be back to work .

Casandra 11-11-2007 12:46 PM

To be honest, I'm sick of soup! XD I have been having soup for my lunches for the past few weeks..months even, and I'm kinda going off it, so I wont be buying anymore.

I'm going into a fruit hype X___x

minimouth 11-11-2007 03:24 PM

minimouth

Hello everyone, I have a quick question for ya'll. ( You can tell I'm from Texas ) I would like to add another weight tracker to the one I already have, something for mini goals between holidays but I can't figure out how to do it. The first one was easy enough but I can't seem to get the second one to show up. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

meowee 11-11-2007 04:48 PM

Hi MEECH . . . :hug: . . . It can really be amazing what you can learn around here. :yes:

Hi CASANDRA . . . :hug: . . . Sorry you feel that way. I love soup. Especially as the temps get colder.

Hi MINI . . . :hug: . . . Congratulations . . . I just love it when somebody answers their own question before I get here. Keep up the good work. :lol:

meechster2000 11-11-2007 06:38 PM

Eugh I feel rough, seriously horrible and grotty. I've just completed my third day in a row of working non-stop all day for about 14 hours and I think the evil cold which has knocked half my staff out is about to lay me out too. Sorry for the whinge.

meowee 11-12-2007 08:35 AM

Hi everybody . . . :grouphug:

We've got a little bit of 'white dust' on the ground this morning . . . unfortunately there may be more to come. Halifax got 8 inches (20 cm) of 'white dust' yesterday. There's a little mountain between here and there and often the weather is very different on opposte sides thereof. Looks like the north-eastern part of the province has gotten off lucky so far.

My BGL was quite happy at 5.4 (97) this morning and the feline menagerie seems to be calming down a little . . . actually caught Blizzard and Frick touching noses this morning. Think I'll put off his castration for a couple of weeks. No signs from him that it is urgent ;) and I'm afraid if he goes missing for a couple of days right now and comes back smelling 'different', we might just be back to square one on the integration process again. Don't think any amount of time (or smelling) will make Purrecious take a shine to him, though. :(

Gee MEECH . . . I hope you aren't getting that cold . . . we all know that being ill plays havoc with the BGL . . . maybe you just need some rest. :hug:

Have a good day gang . . . see you all later . . . just keep doing as much of the good stuff as you can possibly manage and the rewards will follow. . . :carrot: