Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #166  

Hi everyone.. just got back from shopping and popped in here and am glad to see some posts..glad u are some better meowee..susan.. when i eat a big meal like that i get sleepy too and thats when my sl"s are to high.. do you check your sl before and 2 hrs after you eat? that way you can tell which foods give you high readings and that sleepy dopy feeling..and can avoid those foods or modify what you are eating..anyways thats what works for me..and sometimes i eat what i know is a bad choice for me anyways ..am so glad to get my card order finished and mailed now on to other quilting crafts..was at the fabric store today to so i'm all set..i always have to have a project esp in the winter here..keeps me sane..now i wonder whats for supper.. maybe the food fairy will deliver ((((hugs))) rosey
Old 01-30-2007, 10:30 PM   #167  

Hey everyone! Home again, safe and sound! I brought my wheel home, so I can work here. It will be about a month before I can go back up to the mountains to work, so I wanted to be able to continue. I want to get my kiln hooked up and work here eventually anyway, so I may as well start now!

I was not great on eating today. It was SO cold in the studio, I thought I was going to freeze! My feet were cold from the cement floor! I had a can of chicken noodle soup for lunch, and ate dinner with my partner's family...chicken tenders, broccoli, and mashed potatoes. I only ate a bit of the potatoes, which was good for me! I LOVE potatoes, and could have eaten the whole bowl! haha!

I am pooped, so I better get ready for bed! Will check in tomorrow morning!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #168  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Monet, I'm so glad to see you getting back to more pottery. We lose something when we don't indulge our creativity.

Rosey, I hope the food fairy delivered something yummy. Your mention of quilting reminds me to get organized for my first quilting project - a wall hanging for my side door. I have a picture of it somewhere.

Susan, big meals do cause crashes. Pasta does that to me - a perfect thing for lunch on a day when I want/need a PM nap!

Skinny, welcome! I love yogurt and fruit and have it almost every day for lunch dessert.

Glen, any snow in Toro? Did they have to call out the army?

Meowee, today will be better for sure. Cuddle a cat and stay warm.

Hi to all the folks I've missed. I'll get to know everyone eventually but just don't have time to post here every day.

I really should be posting in here more often but MODing keeps me pretty busy. At the moment my HA1C is .060 which delights me AND my doctor. My friend, Dr. Bob, is ecstatic. He's a well known endo who specializes in diabetes and weight management.

My morning readings were very low for a stretch there - 3.0/54 IS low! I switched my Glyburide from evening to morning and am just fine at around 6 these days as long as I avoid starchy carbs at night. Now if I could just get a handle on this damned weightloss!

Have a super Hump Day!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:18 AM   #169  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well . . . another week of the scales moving in the wrong direction. Since I really do not deserve this, I guess I just have to wait it out and eventually they will learn how to cooperate, but it does get depressing.

Another middle of the night (3:30 am) BGL of 3.1 (56) didn't help any. When I get up that early, everything is upside down for the rest of the day.

Hope everybody else has a wonderful day. Keep on moving and shaking, gang . . . see you soon.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 AM   #170  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Meowee, did you have an IV when you were in hospital? It can make you retain water for a while. I hope your day sorts itself out.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:57 AM   #171  
Onward and Downward

Thanks again, Ruth . . . that does make me feel a little better . . . I was guessing it had to be something like that. With the number of OR trips in my future for the next few months, I guess I'd better get used to it. Hey . . . as the saying goes (well sort of) . . . all things leave for she who waits, and waits, and waits.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:16 PM   #172  

Hi everyone.. just popped in to see whos here.. im having a blah day..must be cabin fever.. and the dh grouchy too.. send in those green hairy dancing frogs to rescue me..((((hugs))) rosey
Old 01-31-2007, 08:18 PM   #173  

nhav.gif

Rosey....the frog has a a lot of hair under his overalls.........
Old 01-31-2007, 10:41 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

too cute Caitlyn!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:32 AM   #175  

Oh My..Caitlyn..you made my day..thanks so much Rosey
Old 02-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #176  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . Ladies and Gent . . . it's a brand new month and you know what that means . . . time to scoot on over to our February home . . .

CLICK HERE

See you soon . . .
Closed Thread