Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - August 7th - 13th

Good Morning,

Hope your weekend was delightful

5 lb challenge is ON for this month whoot
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!

The silence is bliss this morning ! School started this morning so I am enjoying the peacefull house. The only downside is being soooo tired from waking up early. Never did get caught up on the house work so that's my mission today.

Hope your MOnday is as nice as mine .
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEENIE!!
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Happy Birthday Leenie! Hope you have a good one.

Good Morning everyone,
Holiday Monday here. Not doing much. Actually haven't been up to much.

Just wanted to pop in and say "Hi"

Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday Leenie.

Just got back from water aerobics so I will be up for a while. Talk with you all tomorrow.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good morning

Thanks everyone

Liz are you feeling okay? how are you today?

N2F2BP enjoy your peace & quiet... i'm jealous

Buddly, Trish, Cathy and the rest of the goils... Love Yah !!

Can't play today boss is here TTYL
Old 08-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #7  

I am improved but not back to normal.....still can only tolerate a very bland diet.......havne't had coffee in a week. NO fruit, veggies...just ginger ale, arrowroots ,toast, banana's,soup (not tomato based), crackers etc.

Off to work.....almost holiday time here.....I work a bit on thurday and then I am off unitl aug 30th. School starts here on the 30th. Gonna have a great time with the girls until then.

Hugs everyone

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #8  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEENIE! Thought of you on Monday while we were at the zoo. Seriously, I did, but not because of the monkeys or anything.

We have had major issues with the computer. I had to reregister everywhere and, alas, I couldn't find my password for here! I finally found it today! We're thinking of purchasing a new computer but that's in the works yet.

I'm still busy stripping an old door--on day-five of it and on the second side. It has about 7 or 8 layers and it's positively gross. When that's done, I plan on sealing it and painting it before R hangs it again. I truly can say that this house is a "work in progress". and will be until I am moved to a retirement home.

Health wise, I'm doing well. I'm making an effort to eat healthy and trying to limit my between mal snacks to fruit or veggies. I still can't put much weight on my foot, but I was told that would happen about 35 years ago...oh well.
'Tis life and life isn't fair.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Hope ya'll are doing well.
I'm positively lost now that school has started. I never really realized how much of a helper my oldest son is, especially at keeping my 2 year old busy!
And I thought it would be EASIER having him in school all day !

Well good luck to everyone with the 5 lb. challenge! (I know I need all the luck I can get with the way this month started!)

Take Care!
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #10  

Off to work for the morning only,,,,then off until after school starts........aug 30th....looking forward to our holidays.

I will start packing today,,,,getting the pets ready for there stay with my mom, etc.....we leave monday....but we are busy for the next 4 days at folk fest.

feeling better but still pretty careful what I eat and drink.

Hugs everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang

we have been moving back into our office so I have been swamped with getting everything back into place or into a new spot and just haven't had any computer time. Tomorrow they are suppose to be coming to hookup DSL so I won't hve this slow dialup junk anymore and boy will I be glad ;-)

Leenie - what did you do for your birthday?

Liz - I'm glad you feel a little better. So today is your last day of work for a few weeks. Hope you have a good day! Enjoy your time with your family! where are y'all going on vacation?

Tippy - what did you do for your birthday? sounds like you are busy every day working on that house. I would love to see some pics.

2bpretty - how was your kids first day back at school? still quiet around there during the day?

Buddly - what r u up to?

Trish - you must be loving water aerobics. that's great!

4boys4me - boy it seems everybody is starting school early this year. Are all of your boys in school except for the 2 year old?

Ok gang - I hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good morning,

Tippy HB to you too So you visited relatives on your birthday HEHEHEHEH jk jk glad things are going well.... well as good as can be expected huh. I too thought about you... evil twin

Cathy, hopefully things will slow down for you soon. We went out for dinner on my BD, just a little local place, quiet.

Liz, glad your feeling better and have a great time on vacation and folk fest.. sounds like alot of fun.

4b4m, enjoy the time with your 2 year old... the days fly and before you know it, he'll be in school too. I try to saver every minute of my DD. I need luck too for the challenge LOLOL

Whats everyone up to this weekend. I have my other niece staying over tomorrow, then its just cleaning and stuff like that. How bout you ?

Old 08-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

good morning everyone

I had a rough few days earlier this week (actually, all summer, but this week was particularly bad).. I had gained back so much of the weight I had worked so hard to lose last year and really had a "woe is me" pity party for myself. I even phoned Herbal Magic and set up an appt. for yesterday (which I ended up phoning back the day before yesterday and cancelling after reading comments about it on another forum here).

Instead, I recommited myself to WW, which I KNOW works... I must have been holding water, too because I spent yesterday running to the bathroom and believe it or not, am down 4 pounds this morning. That's a lotta water!!

I had two weeks worth of log books, so I'm using them, I'm marking down EVERyTHING that goes in my mouth, and I'll start going to meetings the week of the 21st (I'm going to be away on my meeting days in the meantime).

I got back to the gym yesterday too, after avoiding it for the past 10 days... One thing I have to learn to do is take care of me before I start trying to take care of everyone else.

Anyway...

Leenie.. hope your birthday was wonderful!!

Have a fantastic week everyone.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Hi everyone!
How is your Thursday going?

Things here are about the same. The mornings have been very hard. My oldest son used to go to afternoon kindergarten, so this whole rushing in the morning thing is gonna take some getting used to! School started so early for us because we have year round track scheduling. He's in 'green track', so he starts the beginning of august, has the months of November, March, and July off. Not too bad, all the other tracks had to start July 11, yuck!
He's the only one I have in school, the others are 2 (soon to be 3) and 8 month old twins, so school starting didn't bring any blissful peace and quiet to my home...that's still years away!

The babies have been sick the last 2 days, didn't sleep a wink last night! I'm about ready to put everyone done for a nap, including myself.

Hope ya'll have a great day!

Take Care
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Hey Judomom - it is so good to see you! It sounds like you have a great plan! As you said, you know that WW works. We all know it does! and going to the gym - well that always helps...with everything. 4 lbs is a lot of water. I know it's great to see your scale move down 4 lbs already! whoooohoooo you go girl!
and uhmmmm maybe Monday morning you could come drag me out of my bed and get me back to exercising like I should too

4boys4me - let me know when you get peace and quiet at your house. Our guys are 22 and 18 and there is neither at our house. I hope everybody sleeps tonight!

Leenie are you off from work tomorrow? or just having your niece over after you get off of work. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote