Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-31-2006, 09:09 AM   #1  
Long Journey

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Anyone on Zoloft?

I have been on zoloft now for about two months. It is really working for me. I find that my appetite is about the same as before I started taking it. Anyone taking right now and what are your experiences with it?
lovegoddess1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:23 AM   #2  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I loved zoloft.. it helped me alot.. but it stopped working. I'm on lexapro now, with similar results.. but I find I liked zoloft better
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:53 AM   #3  
Melting Butter

I have been taking Zoloft since March for Anxiety and those panic attacks that loved to pop up every now and then.
Since taking it my anxiety has really decreased. And I haven't had any more panic attacks.
I like how I have no side effects. I was started on Celexa at first but it made me feel faint and incredibly lightheaded, sleepy too...Not a good thing when you're going to college and nursing school.
The Zoloft hasn't increased my appetite or caused my weight loss to be more difficult. The only thing it's done is make life more liveable!
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/156/143

Height: 177 cm (5ft10in)

I was allergic to Zoloft. It gave me hives I don't remember it doing anything for or against my appitite though.
lewelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #5  
Long Journey

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Height: 5'10"

Healthyme05 - You're in nursing school? Me too! Right now I am an LPN and I start back to college at the end of the month for my RN.

Where are you going? How far along are you?

Good Luck!1
lovegoddess1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #6  
FerretNose

I've been on it for a little over a month. Generally it helps, but there was one night that i felt crazy for some reason. I had repeated anxiety attacks and felt out of control. I think that may have been due to drinking an extreme amount of caffeine that night- I had been a designated driver, and was drinking diet coke and tea all night, which I never have caffeine anymore.

The main problem I have with zoloft is, er, the side effects caused in the bedroom, if you knwo what I mean. But, my hubby's on zoloft too, so we're both a-struggling.
FerretNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #7  
Mom, Queen of Everything

I started Zoloft about a year ago during the time my marriage was ending. I wasn't sleeping or eating at all and lost over 30 pounds in less than 8 weeks. (They call it the "divorce diet.") Anyway, I was a walking zombie but was afraid that medication might help me sleep but would also cause me to eat during every moment I was awake. Friends who had taken various antidepressants warned me of this.

I'm happy to say that the Zoloft helped me sleep a little better and my normal appetite returned. I've always been heavy and have fought weight issues my entire life (I'm on NS now), but the Zoloft didn't make me binge eat and made it possible for me to keep down enough food to keep me from getting hospitalized!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #8  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

zoloft was great for me. I slept, had no anxiety but the bedroom issues were terrible. As time went on it got better, when I went off of it, I saw the difference. Lexapro is good, but the bedrrom issues are still there.. why o why can't they make an ssri without those side effects!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #9  
Melting Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegoddess1977
Healthyme05 - You're in nursing school? Me too! Right now I am an LPN and I start back to college at the end of the month for my RN.

Where are you going? How far along are you?

Good Luck!1
I am in nursing school! I'm graduating this May from Abilene Christian University. I'm very excited about getting school overwith and starting to work as an RN.
I hope you have a great time getting back to school and congrats on making the choice to get your RN! You should have a easier time in school, especially since you already have lots of experience nursing. You'll enjoy it though!
Thanks for the well wishes and I hope you have the best of luck yourself as you start on your way to becoming an RN!
Old 08-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #10  
Melting Butter

Oh! The sexual side effects...lol. I almost forgot about that. For me in the beginning it was difficult to *ahem* But as time went on it got easier. I think my body just adjusted.