Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-29-2006, 06:25 AM   #1  

Default I talked with a co worker...... candy bowl

I emailed her and told her how I felt, that I was holding grudges, resenting her, etc over the candy bowl fisaco, message board (WW) fisaco, etc.

She did say that she bought candy more often out of defiance because she said they (her and other co workers) got sick of me complaining about candy bowl .. (whatever) so they did the exact opposite and began buying more candy on a daily basis. I think that was very unprofessional because she's the assistant manager... and to think she said that I had inspired her to lose weight in 2003.

Anyway, now I feel better after telling her how I felt, etc... but I don't think we will be close friends, though because she says she doesnt want to spend energy trying again and I agree because I can't deal with unsupportive people.

Just wanted to share, as I didn't want to be mad or hold grudges or be resentful with her anymore, as I have to see her on a daily basis.

I also need to be happy again in the weight aspect of my life so i can focus on losing weight again. I am not saying I'm unhappy person. I am happy person in some aspects of life, but unhappy in weight aspect) as I had gained at least 40 lbs back and I'm not happy about this.

I kinda blame the weight gain on this co worker (which I know I shouldn't) ... and the candy bowl too... because I simply can't have it ... because one bite will lead me to having more and more.

do u think I did the right thing by telling my co worker how I felt especially after the incident happened a year ago?
thinbefore40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:52 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I think you need to get that candy bowl out of your reach. Its like putting a can of beer on an alcoholics desk (JMHO) I can NOT have chocolate near me or forget it, I'm like a vulture all day long if I even have one bite.

Maybe they can move it or they can keep the candy inside their desks.....might be something to talk about with them and your boss.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:57 AM   #3  
In it for life!

Default Accountable

That woman sounds like a very vindictive, unhappy person! And very childish! I don't think I would give her the satisfaction of knowing that the candy bowl bothered me. Obviously she gets her satisfaction from knowing it is hard for you. And maybe she is jealous of you after seeing how well you are doing. I can't believe she is in a management position and acting like that.

I have days of being tempted like crazy (had to lock myself in my office the other day but that's another story! lol). But I stop and think, "OK, is my eating that worth me gaining back anything I've lost? Is it really going to taste that good?! Naw, not worth it." All comes down to self control and I'm gaining it day by day.

Hang in there!!! I know you can!
LindaB763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #4  

Yeah, that is why I'm not going to complain anymore, I do notice the less I complain the less bowl is filled!

Yep, I agree, very childish, immature, etc!

thanks for replying and support!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

That is a very inconsiderate thing for her to do to anyone!!!
It probably bothers more people than just yourself...I know it would me...If she is doing it for meaness, than let her see that it is not bothering you at all....That will get her back!!!!... ...
Keep your head up and stay strong. I think you are doing great..Fighting that sugar monster is a hard job!!!! Keep it up....
Candy
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:57 PM   #6  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

NEVER let 'em see you sweat!! Keep your chin up!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #7  

Do they put the candy bowl on your desk?
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:28 PM   #8  

No they dont put it on my desk but it is on the in files table and it is in my path.. dead end path area... no other way around!
Old 05-31-2006, 02:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Is she the only one that can put a bowl in there?...If not... put another bowl in there... put something else in it....Let's see.......Any idea's girls.....Surely there is something....

That way when your bowl empty's faster.........
You'll show her.......Give her a taste of her own medicine....Well Kinda.... What do you think.??
Candy..
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:09 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Picture a bowl of maggots instead of chocolate...that'll do it

Yeah I know I know
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #11  

While it takes a good deal of self control and maturity, I think you should depend on your own resources to not eat the candy.

You are not the only person in that office and others should not be denied the candy. They might well enjoy it once in awhile, just as you should ONCE IN AWHILE!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:46 AM   #12  

I feel your pain. My coworkers have observed my eating habits so much so that I was taken out to what appeared to be a celebratory lunch at a surefure greasy spoon diner only to be asked point blank in front of everyone (and loud enough for the patrons seated next to us to hear)...well, gosh you eat so little did you have WLS or something because you never finish your food?? I confronted this person (a male if you can believe that) and expressed my anger over the comment and their entire agenda. Of which he claimed he meant it in a nice way-yeah right. Of course he did it on purpose and what he wanted to happen, happened. The entire staff now watches my plate so I have resorted to just not dining with any of them because I should not have to explain why I am eating this or that or why I don't finish all of my meal. Whether I did or didn't is a personal issue and if I decide to share all of my business with them is a decision I make-not them. It irritates me so much that people are that nosey and are that childish as to "set you up" to fail. But that is the way the rubber ball bounces I guess. It has become certain coworkers missions to watch what I eat...It is hilarious though. I guess it gives them something to talk about even though I dont like being on the receiving end. I call them wannabe dream killers....They aren't stopping me!!!!
MissaMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/220/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy In Alabama
Is she the only one that can put a bowl in there?...If not... put another bowl in there... put something else in it....

Good idea Candy.

What about a bowl of mixed nuts, carrots, or crackers? If they can bring candy, surely you can keep a bowl of something healthy there.

and good luck thinbefore40
KKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #14  

Well, if the candy bowl is for everyone, which I am assuming it is... and others seem to be buying it for the whole office (which includes you) and to "tempt" you - then every time you walk by it grab a handful and throw it in the trash. They really can't say anything - they are bringing it for you after all - so take it and chuck it.
OR - and this is very childish - go to Spencer's and get some rubber dog poo and put it in the bowl! ....just a suggestion!
Apolline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolline
Well, if the candy bowl is for everyone, which I am assuming it is... and others seem to be buying it for the whole office (which includes you) and to "tempt" you - then every time you walk by it grab a handful and throw it in the trash. They really can't say anything - they are bringing it for you after all - so take it and chuck it.
OR - and this is very childish - go to Spencer's and get some rubber dog poo and put it in the bowl! ....just a suggestion!
VEry good idea... ill do that!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!