Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-21-2006, 08:09 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat, January 21st and 22nd

Good Morning Chickadee's

How is everyone this beautiful weekend?

I'm meeting a friend who flew up here from Texas today. We are going for lunch

Then its home and I'll probably clean, do laundry and the rest of that fun stuff lolol.

Yesterday I did really good eating, no chocolate

How about you?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

it's almost noon and I'm still cleaning house. just trying to get done with it so I can get on to some other things I need to do around here. It has been so terribly busy that I don't know if I'm coming or going and I certainly haven't gotten in my walking this week. I'm ready for things to slow down a bit.......please ;-)

Leenie - enjoy your lunch for your friend!

Hope everybody has a great day.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:08 PM   #3  

Hi everyone....it's another overcast day here today....I went to sleep last night....had no trouble going to sleep....did have some trouble getting up this morning.....I think I will go for a nap now....am tired.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #4  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies!

Just checking in

We just put our house up for sale. We've already had 5 people come in and look...and that's just Thursday & Friday . We haven't gotten any offers yet. We're moving into an apartment or a smaller rental..still in the process of looking. This house is really too big for the 2 of us. Matt will be on his own, and with my physical probs. it's hard to keep up with the cleaning. We also have a lot of debt (mostly medical) and the money we clear will help clear the debt and give us money to invest for the future.

Leenie: WTG staying away from chocolate! Today I could have cornered the market on my favorite (peanut butter)...which is why I don't keep it in the house!

Cathy: Don't forget to take some time for yourself . I was looking at your stats: 26 Lbs gone! WTG!

April: It's good to see you again! I'm glad the light box is working for you

CIN: I'm glad to see you posting here too. You were missed.

I haven't seen SueMarie for awhile. I hope she's doing well.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:56 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Joanne good luck on selling the house, you seem very positive about your choices... thats great !!! Pnutbutter is something I have to keep away from too. I can eat it with a spoon until 1/2 the jar is gone. How bad is that lol.

April, hope you got some rest yesterday...how ya feeling today?

Cathy, come clean my house...its so messy and I have no desire to clean.

I bought some material yesterday and a pattern for a little girls dress.....I'm actually gonna take a crack at it after 26 years LOL !!!!

DH went food shopping can you say YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol So later I'll make something for dinners for the week, and I'll finish laundry.

How are you ?
Old 01-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #6  

Hey gang!

Beautiful mild weekend.

My mood has been up for the last 2 weeks which is wonderful.

Work and family are ok for the moment.

The house will be my focus Tues and Wed when I am off.

Hugs everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang!

Leenie - I never feel like cleaning - and it really is a waste of my precious time ;-) but I haven't figured any other way to get it done unless I do it! I would absolutely love a maid, but that ain't happening! You'll have great fun making dd's dress. Tell us about it.

Hey Joanne - it is so good to see ya! thanks for the Sounds like you might sell your house really quick with that many people looking at it already! I hope you make even more than you hope to and that you are able to pay off your medical debts and invest and come out way ahead. wouldn't that be nice! How is Matt doing? will he be on his own soon? hugs!

Liz - so glad your mood has been up! that always helps.....with everything.

April - hope you got a nap and that today is a better day.

later gaters
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #8  

Hi everyone

We had snow this morning....the sky is overcast....it looks like it might snow some more,,,,not too much happening today....just the usual....some cleaning....& am doing laundry.

Liz......isn't it good....feeling good.

Cathy....I had a 3 hour nap yesterday....from noon to 3 P.M.....in the evening I had a sore throat......anyway.....I guess I needed that nap.....I don't nap in the daytime much.
I don't like cleaning either!!!!!

Joanne....good luck with selling your home....DH & I are at that point also.....we want to eventually get into something smaller.....Since DH had his stroke.....he can't do as much as used to do....I am getting tired of cleaning a big house.

Leenie....I am feeling good today....not as tired as yesterday.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone. This weekend has been a cleaning weekend. I live on a dirt road and everything always has a coat of dust on it. I washed everything and was exhausted yesterday. today I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, but now I'm watching football.

I walked 2 miles yesterday and this morning I did the 3 mile WATP. It was a little tougher than I expected, but it was a nice change. I've gone 20 miles in the last 11 days. I wish I was so devoted food wise, but at least i'm doing something good by exercising.

April, I'm so looking forward to my new lightbox. I'm sitting in front of my old one but the new blue light should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday. i'm excited to see if it helps me as much as it helped you.

Well, I will chat with you all tomorrow. I took it off so I'd have a 3 day weekend. I love not working!!!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Good evening everyone

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.

Fairly quiet weekend here. Saturday was a little judo tournament for dd13. She got a gold in her division. I was very proud of her as the one boy she was up against was 40 pounds heavier than her. (what evens it out is that she is a higher belt than him) The other boy wasn't quite as heavy but he was still bigger than her.
Hubby managed to get home Sat afternoon as well. He's been gone all week.
And today I made buns, cinnamon buns, manacotti and a sauce. I still have to make a banana bread for school lunches. We needed the buns as we ran out of bread and I didn't feel like going out anywhere. We are enjoying a quiet evening at home watching some good old movies (My Favorite Brunet and Road to Bali) Can't beat those oldies! Thankfully hubby did all the laundry when he did his stuff out of his truck. He was going to shovel the snow, but he twisted his back yesterday when he slipped on some ice (well thats what he's telling us )
Anyway I better get back into the kitchen so I have something to pack in the lunches tomorrow.
Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:42 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh Buddly...your menu made my tummy growl HAAAA!!

Hi Liz !! Glad your feeling up in spirit... I'm happy for you.

Cathy, the dress I'm trying to make is pink/white/purple pattern with My Little Pony all over it. DD picked out the material. Its just a simple Jumper.. I have not sewn since I was 16 so I figured I'd start out simple and see if my brain can handle it (adhd...drives me nuts). I'll take pictures if I complete it LOL. Last night I cut the patern out, and cut the material, now I have to figure out how to sew it LOL !!

Marie good for you for walking 3 miles WOWEEE !!! I give you alot of credit my dear. Let me know how you like your light... I'm interested. Especially on dark days like today

Joanne, you like football...which team did you root for ?