Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-11-2005, 07:29 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Weekend Chat, June 11th and 12th

Good Morning !

Hope everyone is doing good today.

Watcha got planned for the day ? I have to clean my kitchen, shower DD and get her ready for a birthday party in NYS. Then its off to another birthday party for my two sisters.

But right now I'm going to read all the posts from this week.

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 10:48 AM   #2  

Leenie, I read your email yesterday and tried to respond. It went POOF again! Today I can't even get into the account, so I'll keep trying.

Right now I have a HUGE piece of logging equipment and four men in my front yard--neighbors and Roger. They are attempting to take down a tree that is leaning dangerously toward the house. I can't imagine how much this would cost if it was done "professionally". These men work at the sawmill down the road and neighbors help neighbors. It's interesting to watch.

Gotta go...am shampooing my mattress and generally cleaning the bedding today.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #3  

any one here floowing the jorge cruise 8 minutes in the morning idea? bought the book, and so far it is very inspirational..
darlin12009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:58 AM   #4  

Hi everyone........Tip and Leens............clean clean today during the day and then party in the evening with family....last night was fun...got a nice pen and key chain for 15 years of work at one hospital.....been nursing for 19.........where does the time go?

Anyhow have to run........have so much to do..........feeling good!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:28 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

hello ladies.
Had a bad episode last night.But doing ok this morning and afternoon.Just trying to stay relaxed.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang!

I've been cleaning all day. I NEED A MAID!!!!!

Leenie - have fun at the birthday parties!

Tippy - I've never heard of shampooing a mattress? do you just clean the top padding like you would carpet??? and isn't it nice to have friends to help with the big jobs!

Hi Darlin 12009 - sorry I haven't tried that one. let us know how it works for you.

Liz - congrats on the pen & keychain and for being recognized. I like you, wonder often, where the time has gone?

Hey Lynnie - hope today is a good day!

Well yesterday after work I went and put on solar nails - which is basicaly an artificial french manicure. I really like them but they are not long enough. The girl he was doing next to me had them at last 4 inches long, so when he started on mine I said "not so long" and pointed to her. Well mine are just barely over the tips of my fingers LOL oh well they will grow. I was just feeling...I don't know...dumpy and thought nice nails might make me feel better. Dh likes them and they did fine thru all my cleaning today. Anybody else have artificial nails. My sis has worn them probably for 20 years.

gonna run post my exercise

hope everybody has a good day

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:18 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Tippy I have no doubt that a huge tree to have professionally removed (well here in NJ) would be anywhere from $1,500 - $3,000 to be removed. Good to see you sweet lady.

Darlin, welcome !! Nope never heard of that one but like Cathy said, let us know how it is.

Liz, 15 years is a great accomplishment

Lynnie, sweetie, I just PM'd you !! Hope your day goes better for you.

Cathy I want a maid too
I have never worn fake nails. I've never even had them professionally done Mine grow pretty good though and I like to keep them just past the tip of the finger. I just think they are prettier at that length. When they get REALLY long, personally it kinda skeeves me out knowing all the dirt that can be under them, but thats JMHO. I'm glad you got yours done, there's nothing like being pampered

Well off to the store for cement for our umbrella (outdoor one).

BBL......

HUGS
Old 06-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #8  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, I'm caught up on all the posts. Lynnie, glad to hear you had a good part of your day. Your getting closer everyday to having more. Marble, you asked about melatonin - I used it for a while when I was manic because I was only sleeping 1.5 hours a day. They helped tremendously and my dr. said they were okay and wouldn't hurt me. He also said that they weren't addictive. Have you ever thought of asking the dr. about trazedone - I now take that every night. It's an additional antidepressant that has sleeping as the side effect. Also it's very inexpensive. Leenie, I totally agree about long nails. I read a dr. column that talked about washing hands and she equated nails as petri dishes and to scrub them. So I laughed when I saw your post. Cathy, I 3rd the maid idea. I could clean till I was blue in the face and never finish.

I'm doing good. I went for a hike today and it was awesome outside. Great smell of pine and cedar trees. The dogs (2 of 3 of them) went with and had a great time. I told DH that I love to exercise when it comes to hiking in nice weather. Bet I'd be a lot slimmer if I could incorporate that love for my gazelle or exercycle.

DS18 graduates tomorrow. My babies are all out of elementary/secondary school. Sort of makes me feel old, but I also love that I had my children when I was young so that I could really enjoy the empty nest. DS is planning on joining the Air Guard and go to basic training soon.

Talk with you all later. I'm going to go do stained glass and knit some on my sweater for my trip.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:30 PM   #9  

Good Afternoon all

It was pouring rain this morning....but it has stopped now....it's cooler today....so I am baking....2 recipes of baked oatmeal....they are in the oven now.

I weighed in this morning...am down 19.2 lbs.!!!!!...it's taken 7 months with ups & downs...like Christmas & being away last month.

DH is recuperating slowly....he had a nap this afternoon....he wants to do more....like vacuuming....but I told him he should wait.

Cathy.....I want a maid too....some days I feel overwhelmed by all the work that needs doing here....especially since we got home a week ago.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:21 PM   #10  

April your husband wants to vaccum? I think I love him! Congrats April you have done so well.

Nope Cathy no false nails, against hospital policy too dirty for my kind of work. They do look nice though. I got lots done around the house today too! Feels good.

Hi Marie,Hi Leens!

Hey Lynnie, sorry to hear you are having a such a rough time.

I have to go........early morning, tomorrow dd swims in a triathalon.

Hang in there everyone!

Liz
Old 06-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Its another humid day in Jersey. What happened to spring?

Marie petri dish sounds really gross but I think she's right. I remember bringing my dd to the baby doctor and seeing this woman with an infant. This woman's nails must have been 2 - 3" long, all I kept thinking is ICK !!! that poor baby, I mean when they are that small most folks try to keep dirty things away from them and !!! how does she change its poopy diapers w/out getting any on her nails. Ohh and they were only 1/2 painted so they looked REALLY gross. - Glad you had a good hike yesterday. Where do you go hiking?

April YOU GO GIRL !!! over 19 lbs is AWESOME !!! good job lady.

Liz enjoy the triathalon today

I took DD to her first invited kids party yesterday, it was funny. She is 3 and the other kids are 5 and she was taller than all of them lol. She had a ball !! and what a joy to watch. I was very proud at how she behaved, she really acted older than the other kids by not fighting or yelling at eachother. I felt like a peacock

Today is just picking up around the house but first I need my coffee......bbl
Old 06-12-2005, 08:23 AM   #12  

Up at 6 am...........almost unheard of for me........we are meetng at the pool at 715 so I have to drag dd7 out of bed right away.

Been having very restless sleeps lately.........hot flashes, legs cramping up and heartburn..........goodness I am falling apart at the seams.

I am going to have a quick cup of jo and then go wake up my sweet baby girl.

Glad you had a good party Leens......did you stay for the whole thing?

Marie your walk sounds wonderful........I love the outdoors too!

Gotta run......see ya everyone.

Liz
Old 06-12-2005, 10:16 AM   #13  

Cathy, an answer to our question about shampooing the mattress. I vacuum it every month and wash the mattress pad then, but I felt that it needed more.

We have that cleaning machine "The Little Green Machine" (by Bissell) to clean upholstery so I used that. WARNING-GROSS>>> It was really disgusting what I pulled out of that mattress, but, like Roger said, it is over 25 years old. I couldn't figure out what that icky stuff was! It must have been dead skin flakes--oy vey But now this side is clean and fresh and next weekend, I'll do the other side.

We're not going to church today. Roger is tired from exerting himself with the tree removal. We're going to the city and do the shopping. Maybe we'll stop at the local watering hole later since I love love love the way they fix a Bloody Mary(great way to get my vitamins .
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #14  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Tippy, I love the bloody mary vitamins. That does like a good rational for the watering hole. I used to have a green machine, but somewhere in the move from Minnesota to Oregon it was misplaced. I'd use it today on our Durango is I still had it. The dogs have made a mess of it.

Leenie, the idea of changing diapers with claws sounds disgusting. And why woud they be half painted? Hmm. Enjoy being proud of your daughter. She and you deserve it.

April, 19+ pounds? Way to go. You are an inspiration. I don't blame you for having DH wait on the vacuuming. Pushing too hard wouldn't be good.

Liz, hope you had fun at the pool. I just love swimming.

Today is DS18 graduation. It's so weird having my children this old. It truly was like yesterday that they were toddlers. Now they both are adults and on their way in life. The best thing is I like them both so much as people. They are both caring and giving. I'm a peacock too, Leenie.

Time for me to vacuum the house. Talk to you later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote