Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-05-2005, 06:03 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Tuesday Chat ~ April 5th

Good Morning Ladies

5 days into April and although the weather is nice... It's been a bad month so far. I really need to get out of this weird mood I've been in and STOP overeating I feel like such a morning. I am so confused and don't know what to do about S. For some reason I can never stay mad or upset with him for long and I just make myself feel like crap every time he is in a bad mood. I always think it's my fault and I NEED to stop it.

Have to run to work again early but I am getting out early.. I have some running around to do today that I can't put off. I got into an accident in January.. and in the process of moving.. I put the paper I needed to fill out badly in the box with my insurance stuff and completely forgot about it.. Needless to say.. I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying my License was suspended because I didn't turn the paper in. My own fault for forgetting.. Hopefully I can get it back with out paying to much and without having to take the class over again.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

It's really busy around here. I woke up at 5:30 so I did better than yesterday but didn't have enough time to exercise. Will have to get it in later today.

Lynnie - I am so very glad about your dh's new job! It sounds awesome! I know ya'll are excited!

Ashlie - I hope your day gets better and that everything works out with your driver's license and the insurance!

Cin - been missing you! you must be really busy? and I know Tuesdays are you busy day at WW.

What's everybody up to today?

My boss is treating me and dh to the Dragcar Races in Houston on Friday. He bought our tickets, along with tickets for the rest of the guys that work here, and told me to put a tank of gas on the company card. It's about a 2 hour drive there. We will leave at noon on Friday and head back late that night after the finale which is a big fireworks show. We've never been to any kind of races so it'll be fun to do something different. And it is really nice that he is treating us!!!!!

will check back later

everybody be good!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:44 AM   #3  

Morning everybody.

I have already got more done this morning than I got done all day yesterday. I am working 3-11 though so that motivates me a bit more to have things in order for the girls and hubby.......

I made cream of wheat for my girls this morning....my fav breakfast when I was a kid......well I might as well have given them a bowl of dirt........how times have changed!

It is beautiful spring weather these days.....sunny and clear.........I love spring....renewed hope.

I have been in such a funk.......for over a year really......I read a book called 'The Usual Rules'........and I cried for 30 minutes non-stop in the shower when I was done.....I realized that the saddest thing isn't that my 2 year old died (8 years ago)anymore........the saddest thing is how I have let myself and others in my life down, and how I have changed so much......anyhow it has really given me a ton of food for thought.

I am happy for you Lynnie regarding the job and all your new beginnings........it really does help to have something like that to look forward to......congrats on the McDonalds......bet you feel better too!

Ashlie sounds like you have your plate full......hang in there.

Hi Cathy......good for you to have something to look forward to..........enjoy the car racing.........

Be well..........I'll check in later

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Hiall---YAWN I still cannot adjust to the time change....maybe if the weather would warm up....I got out the door about 45 mins. better than yesterday, but AM exercise is just a memory....I'm lucky to get my teeth brushed! and apply eyeliner to BOTH eyes....(how did I do that, go out the door with just doing ONE eye? )

I'm in a no-motivation rut...... I can't muster up any energy this week, it's like I completely ran out of optimism.........I'm functioning on low.... it's time to kick myself in the ***......
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #5  
CIN

Hi Gals,
Sorry 3 out of 4 of you feel bad today.......please dont be so hard on yourselves.it makes ME sad

We have to love ourselves too in order to love others like we want to be loved...does that make any sense?

Liz....losing a child I cannot begin to imagine.no matter how long ago it has been..........there cannot be a right or wrong in your actions. When you write about your family I always think how loving you sound with them...I can just tell you are a good Mother. Good Mothers show pain and hurt and sadness too.surely you know that! Please dont be hard on YOU....you have been through and continue to go through a

Yes.........I have been a bit busy..

Later taters
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning my little dumplings

and to you all.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

I needed a good belly-laugh....humor always perks me up, see the Starcaps thread in buyer beware. I'm chuckling to myself now......
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #8  

Thanks Cin!

Laughing is good marble

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #9  

Good morning everyone.....I haven't been here for a while.....have been doing a lot better lately.....went back on the Celexa almost 3 1/2 weeks ago.

I am still doing Weight Watchers online....have lost 13 lbs.....it's slow.

For the last 9 days have been doing the Core program....when I did the Flex program.....I would do okay for a few days......then I would want junk food....that is why the weight loss is slow.....I am sure.

The 1st few days with the Core.....I was ready to go back to the Flex program.....but now I am going to stay with the Core program.....I seem to have lost my craving for junk food.....am eating healthier....feel satisfied. If I want something that isn't on the Core program.....I just count the points for it.

It is miserable today.....snowing....cold & windy....the snow has stopped though. I have a Doctor's appointment this afternoon.

Liz.....I don't know if you are taking an antidepressant......but I didn't want to because of the side effects......I ended up in a full blown depression this winter.....it ended up being more than SAD......maybe medication would help you feel better.
You never get over the death of a child....one of my sisters.....her 8 year old son was hit by a car & killed instantly....this happened 25 years ago.....she still hasn't got over it completely.....she said the pain never goes away completely when you lose a child.

April

Last edited by april99; 04-05-2005 at 03:12 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, I'd like to join your daily chats. I've read back several days and feel like I belong. I'm bipolar with emphasis on the depression side more of the time. I've been on the site for a while and keep dropping into the depression forum but didn't feel like the threads fit me. This one does. So hopefully a newcomer is okay.

I'm a 43 yo married woman with 2 kids. I work full-time during the fall, winter and spring and then part-time in the summer. You guessed it, I work for a school district - I'm the database manager.

I was diagnosed depressed a long while ago and about three years ago was diagnosed with bipolar II. My moods are either up or they're down and meds have moderated it a lot. I take effexor, abilify, and trazedone. I've cut down the trazedone and am thinking of cutting it back a little more. My dr. has given me the free reign to use it or not. The other two aren't debateable.

Weight wise has been like my yo-yo emotional rollercoasters. Up and down. Currently I'm up and haven't been motivated to stay healthy. Last week was a turning corner and I'm back on track. I want to lose about 50 pounds but I would take 20 and be happy with that. Dieting - I count calories and exercise I use my Gazelle as "formal" exercise. Tonnight is just an active night (a night that I'm not trying to up my heart rate or build strength) and I'm going to take my dogs for a walk in the woods. It should be good.

I do know that the more I exercise, the better and more manageable my depression is. All the theories about that are right for me. I just have trouble being motivated to get started. I'm working on that too.

I look forward to joining you all.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:58 PM   #11  
CIN

Hi Gals
If you read this it is late.

Welcome Marie.we look forward to getting to know you!

Liz.I reread what I said and realize I didnt finish my sentence.my hubby came in and I didnt finish.sorry but I am glad you know what I meant anyway!

Good Night All
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote