Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-06-2005, 08:23 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Wednesday Chat - April 6th

Good Morning,

NO BOSS TODAY

How's everyone this beautiful day?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Gorgeous I'm at work its stunning out and having lunch OUTSIDE
want to laugh my Boss called a meeting with me to discuss the colors on my spreadsheet I LOVE CORPORATE AMERICA! No coffee today I'm double fisted Diet Cokes! Less caffiene 0 calories
and I'm humming the Hawaii 5-0 theme song . . .yep it's spring
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

wow I just about fainted! Leenie is here and she has no boss today! did you tie him up and put him in the closet whasssup girlie?

We had a great big storm roll thru before 5 am this morning. It sounded like a bomb went off in our little community. Sooooooooo since it blew me out of bed I went ahead and got up and did a 2 mile walking tape I love getting it done first thing! Yesterday I walked 2 miles on the during lunch. April Miles = 6

I have a mammogram tomorrow morning - would someone like to go for me...pleeeeeeeeeeease!

good morning KO - hehe - where do you work? what colors does the boss like?

Welcome Marie!

Hey Cin

April - so good to see ya! glad you are doing well!

Tippy - whassuup?

Liz - when I read your post yesterday I thought about how very much you have been thru in life and how very hard you are on yourself. I think you are an AWESOME MOTHER and WOMAN! It is obvious to all of us! But while I was reading your post, I thought about how hard we all are on ourselves and how we all feel like "cracked pots" sometimes. And it made me remember a story that I had saved. If ya'll don't mind I will copy it here to share. Maybe you've seen it before - but it is a nice reminder that none of us are perfect, and that we don't need to be perfect, that God uses us the way we are, and uses the things we have been thru in this life.

hope everyone has an "interesting and rewarding" day!

hugs & prayers,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 04-06-2005 at 09:42 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Cracked Pots

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you. I have been able to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts," the pot said.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you've watered them.

For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Moral: Each of us has our own unique flaws!

We're all cracked pots, but it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've got to take each person for what they are, and look for the good in them.

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #5  
CIN

Goooooooooooooooooooooood Morning Gals
Cathy-------I loved the story of the cracked pot It was awesome.!

I am up to my eyeballs with tax stuff.bill paying..............yard work and housework...................so even though it is oficially my day "off" i will probably not be here much....gotta concentrate on PRODUCTIVITY around here!

Hope everyone enjoys this Spring weather.if you have it!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #6  

Thank you Cathy....that was a beautiful story and I will reflect on it as I go through my day.

HI everyone! Have a good one. Off to school to help in grade !

Hugs........Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kierie it is beautiful out, indeed !!

Cathy silly, you know I'd never tell

Cin & Liz and to everyone else that posts after me
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #8  

Hello. I'm new to the board. Just a quick background on me. I suffered from severe depression all through college but wasn't diagnosed until last November. I don't take my meds like I should and have realized that it causes me to hit rock bottom a lot harder and faster. I realize I'm the type of person that needs the meds. Enough of that.

It's a beautiful day here in Kodiak. I'm in the middle of administering state tests to fifth graders so it has been a long day. I plan on working out this afternoon and visiting with a friend. I look forward to getting to know you all.
SKermie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:16 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

Oh HI!!!! Leenie, I read on cnn where this crazed woman stuffed her boss into the microwave...........

I'm upset to hear that a very dear YOUNG friend of mine has had a STROKE...(45 year old women are not supposed to have strokes)....and we thought her HTN was controlled and she had lost over 140# in the last 2 years.......so I've been chewing my nails and worrying....it was a small episode, so I hope it doesn't have lasting effects....

Myself is doing well, I seem to be gathering steam as the week rolls on, adjusting to the time change....I was greatly inspired this morning when I tried on a pair of slacks that were previously a bad joke.....although I wouldn't wear them in public yet, I just might be able to in a month.....HAH!!!

I miss my AM exercise and hope to get back in sync. shortly....Billie has been pouting.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:00 PM   #10  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

Thank you so much for the job ideas. I am getting ready to go see a career counselor today. Maybe that will help, too. I have just been trying for so long!! Liz, my heart went out to you. Bless your heart. Cathy, the story about the cracked pots was wonderful. I hope everyone has a blessed day. Sorry I don't have time to respond more individually right now, but I keep up on everyone, and am rooting for all of you.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

WELCOME SKERMIE!
Hey ladies…

Well I spent most of my weekend plus Monday in bed and resting. Monday I started to feel much better, but I stayed in bed for preventative measures. Tuesday we bought tickets to the Angels opening game so I wanted to make sure that I was feeling up to par to go.

I was and the three of us went out with a bunch of friends, I think there was a total of 12 of us that went. Many from our bowling league and many from outside of league. It was a good game. I think I liked watching it on tv more tho. It was a different experience that’s for sure. It was too easy to loose track because everyone is talking to you and having a good time. So you miss most of the game hehehe. But it was definitely a good experience. I just happen to be a Braves fan tho lol!

I didn’t weigh myself this weekend because I was sick. I will wait til next weekend to see what happens after I get back into the normal flow of health heheh. I started classes this week… I skipped first day of classes to go to the Angels game tho *blush* but it was worth it. I’ll be in class til 9pm this term. Not gonna like that at all! At least the 5-9 class is only one day a week. The others are twice a week. So it shouldn’t be too bad I hope.

I’ve gotta head out to buy my books and get stuff situated. Im on Spring Break for work so that helps a lot. I’ll catch up with everyone later. Maybe I’ll post a picture of us at the game too Catch you all later!

Take care…
*GO BRAVES*

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #12  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

I'm glad you're feeling better Suemarie. Being sick is the pits and I would have skipped class to go to a Packers game so I can understand. Cathy, I loved the story. I've read it before but each time I read it I get more out of it. Thanks for posting it. Leenie, enjoy your no boss day. Mine wasn't supposed to work and voila, he's here. No fun.

I was good yesterday and didn't overeat. I wasn't hungry for all of my calories and I chose not to eat them. Usually in the past I would have eaten them. We also went out walking with the dogs. We go to Hamaker Mountain, which isn't too big of a mountain. Now, one clue that it was going to be uphill (I swear it's 90% up and only 10% down) would be the name - mountain. Geez I was winded. So I fulfilled my goal to be active since it was a non-exercise day.

Met my youngest son's new girlfriend. She seems very nice. It was hard to not compare her to my oldest son's girlfriend who I adore as a daughter. But as I said she's very nice and I bet she was a bit shy because she was meeting the parents.

Today's goals are to exercise and to stay in my calorie range. So far, so good. I'll let you know tomorrow how I do.

Stay good and be healthy.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote