Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #1  
Walking by faith

Default TGIF! Feb. 4

Good morning everyone!

I've had a couple of cups of coffee , and I'm still tired

I'll be back later to tell you about yesterday's trip to the Super Bowl City!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:37 AM   #2  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Cool

Hi Ladies,
How is everyone this morning?? I am fine. About to get ready for work. Boy was yesterday busy at Wally World!! The people shopping. It was fun though.
My dd wants to use the phone. So maybe I will check in tonight after work.
Have a blessed day! Hugs, Lanee....
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

gonna grab another cup of coffee. brrrrrrrrrrr

gotta do payroll and jazz

Joanne - are ya'll going to the Superbowl? watching it on tv? who ya'll rooting for?

Lanee - wonder if wally world will be even busier today? I need to stop by ours on my way home today? started to yesterday but it was packed and I drove on by.

bbl

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #4  
CIN

Default Howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi Gals
It is 10:10 and I am still NOT showered.....................I did my WATP tape and ate my heart healthy breakfast ( oatmeal with flaxseed & cinnamon) and am about to get showered.

I am heading to Sam's to transfer my prescriptions.I cannot beleive the difference in price and I can buy a 90 day supply instead of waiting for permission from Walgreens and the Insurance Co as to what day I can fill them! I am down to 2 inexpensive medications and its a lot cheaper there.

I am thankful I dont have to take the ones that cost big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
The Dr put me on baby aspirin after 6 months of Plavix...only $1. for 30 instead of $30 co-pay for Plavax!YEAH

Meeting a dear friend for lunch.....................have a grandaughter here.....with earache and she has a Dr appt later. She is happy to be on my bed watching TV!

Later
Cin~ PSWear red today.....right?
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone.....I haven't been here for some days now.....just have been busy.

I weighed in this morning....at Weight Watchers on line.....have now lost 11 lbs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!...it is a slow process.....I guess what it takes is just taking one day at a time. I am eating healthy....but do enjoy little treats every day....like yesterday....I made this recipe using 1 white angel food cake mix & 1 can of lemon pie filling....stir them together & I made 24 muffins out of it....1 is 2 points......they are a bit sticky....but....they are so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cin....I buy my prescriptions at Costco....the prescribing fee is a lot cheaper there.....but we do have a different system for buying prescriptions here in Canada.

DH & I went for coffee earlier this morning with friends at Tim Horton's....while I was waiting in line....my DH said turn around....look who is behind you....it was DS3....getting a coffee on his way to work.

After coffee DH & I walked at the multiplex for a 1/2 hour.....so now I have to go have my 2nd cup of coffee & breakfast.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:12 PM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies!

Cathy – Hey there Yeah I wanna race! Woohoo! Although yer gonna leave me in the dust I might be dead if I try to do 2.5 miles each time hehehehehe…. I only have 2 miles logged for the month tho, I didn’t get in any on Thursday. I have family visiting form Ohio, (my aunt got married and brought her new family over). So I’ve been trying to spend what little time I got with them and showing them around. They leave on Saturday… so hopefully I’ll be able to get back on track. I bowl tonight though I read somewhere on one of the news magazines I get from them that a 3 game series is walking 6/10 of a mile hehehehe…. But yes, I would love to log miles with you I think it would be interesting to see how much I do and how much I can try to beat it the following month hehehe…

CIN – I love those “thinking” questions lol! To answer your question about why Tarzan doesn’t have a beard, I saw a movie once where Tarzan was getting shaved by his monkey… okie well it wasn’t a movie, more like a cartoon *cheesy grin* but I think it works heheheh!

Tippy – I thought my cat Sasha was a girl until the vet told me we needed to get him fixed before he gets into the habit of spraying his territory. I didn’t change his name tho… I’m sorry to hear though that you found your cats remains

Liz – Hi there! I have a lot of scrapping to do to… I started so many projects and never finished them because school either started or I started a new project heheh. Hope you are able to finish a few pages!

April – CONGRATS on the weight loss…. Slow is a good thing! Baby Steps!

I hope everyone is having a good day… it’s been pretty good so far. I weighed in a little early… I haven’t lost anything… but I didn’t gain anything either. It’s been rather rough this past week. I’ve been eating right, but having a hard time getting any exercise in because my aunt just got married and flew in from Ohio on Saturday last week. So I’ve been spending time with my new family and showing them around. They are leaving this Saturday, so I’m looking forward to getting back to exercising… I gotta race to win *wink Cathy*

Everyone have a good day! I'm gonna see if I can fit in a mile tracker into my signature. You're only allowed so many characters, so I'm gonna have to try to figure out how to squish things in or figure out what to delete hhehhee... Take care everyone!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #7  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

The sun is FINALLY out here after a week of the crummiest weather we've had in a LONG time!

My husband got paid for a roofing job that he had done, so we had a little extra money this month. So we did what we usually do when we have extra cash-spend it! We went to Sam's to stock up on some things. Of course, Sam's is in Jacksonville , so it turned into an adventure of sorts

We were almost done with our shopping, when they gave an announcement that a Hall of Fame football player was going to be signing autographs at the front of the store. So DH and I got in line. The guy was very nice-he signed my cast . He used to play for the Rams when they were in LA; but I can't remember his name for the life of me ! His signature was the usual scribble-I'll figure it out. When we got out to the car it was still rainy and miserable, so DH decided we were going Downtown to see what we could see-at rush hour, no less We headed toward Downtown Jax and had pretty smooth sailing-until we got within sight of Alltel Stadium. By then, it was wall to wall cars . All this time, my DH was telling me to get out the camera and take some pictures it's raining and foggy and we're in a moving car with a bunch of people behind us So I took the pictures-they probably won't come out. I took some of the beautiful cruise ships docked along the river-they're being used as lodging and party venues for the game. I also got a few of the stadium. It looked great with all the colorful flags and the big display of the team logos. DH wanted to get down there just to hunt for some souveneirs. We're originally from Mass., so we're Patriots fans. The only problem was that all of the off ramps to the stadium were closed! . They'd turned the whole area into a block party area. There were shuttle buses available, but with my ankle and the walker it would have been too hard to navigate.

Last edited by Stepping Out; 02-04-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:55 PM   #8  
Walking by faith

Talking ..and you thought I was done!

We ended up having a nice dinner at my DH's favorite restaurant (Carraba's); thankfully we beat the rush. After dinner we went down to the mall. DH wanted to check out a souveneir shop there. The shop didn't have that many team items, but I got DH a nice coffee mug with the Patriots logo on it. The man who was managing the shop recognized right away that DH was from Boston what an accent!. He mentioned that his wife was from a town where I had lived when I was little. So he introduced her, and we found out that we'd lived in the same subdivision and went to the same school only 1 year apart. I was only 8 when I moved away, so I didn't remember that much, but I think I remember her . Mind you, I live in SE Georgia and she lives in South Florida-what were the odds? By the time we were done browsing, we were ready to head home.

April: 11 pounds down! Congratulations!

Cathy: In answer to your question about actually going to the Super Bowl-we wish! The tickets are supposed to be $500 each, which is enough. But they're being scalped on the street and Internet for as much as $5000 . Too bad-DH is a big Patriots fan, and Saturday's his birthday. I got him a cake decorated in the team colors as a consolation prize

Lanee: Still praying for you and DD

CIN: Thank God for Sam's DH has to take Prilosec for a stomach problem. It's so much cheaper there!

SueMarie: You're doing great with exercising

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 02-04-2005, 04:54 PM   #9  

Hi everyone

I slept well. I don't work now until Tuesday night. Have a great friday everyone.

I am so glad Jan is behind us~

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Default Hello Gang!

Sorry I haven't posted but TOM is here and taking its toll on me.Still eating within my points though. I went for an intake at a mental health clinic today.It went well but now I have to wait till next month to see a psychiatrist and have to wait ttill april to see a therapist. I tell ya its ridiculous.Thank goodness my depression isn't to bad.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:56 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies was wrapped up inmom stuff today she and my puppy are now gone and we'll see what happens she's seeing a house tommorrow.
I'm going to WW tommorrow to face the music
I know its going to be brutal and thats ok b/c I can do it! (INSERT BELLA CAROLLI HERE) tommorrow is errands day and sunday will be funday! we haven't had fun in so long!!! I'm looking up Core stuff so we can hit the grocery store intelligently
I love the grocery . . . yes I'm a big Dork
So my first day of work is feb 22 I have alot to do to be prepped and ready I'm so excited.
Lynnie I feel your pain if i let myself have TOM it never leaves! I'm on week 3 of my pills and still breaking through
Joanne you had a great day I love JAX!
SueMarie you are a busy lady
APRIL OMGOSH! congrats lady you're doign a great job
Hi Cin hi Cathy!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #12  
Phil 4:8

hi all,
yes it's fabulaous friday. thank goodness. now we get to the weekend. if i stay busy i don't think about food as much. i'm making a couple of pot of soup. split pea and lentil. our daughter is coming over for the super bowl game. it will be great fun. i love spending time with her. she works a full time job as a landscaper and a part time job in retail. we don't see her alot. i still working on getting my intake up and betting my blood sugars down. have a great evening ladies and an even better tomorrow. be kind to yourself. YOU are worth the effort.
kind regards,
mary
craftymom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:27 PM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies…

Joanne (Homebound) – Wow! Sounds like you had an exciting day the other day. Even got you cast signed!

Kierie (KO) – I’m telling you I’m going nuts lol! Now I’m taking observations at work because the students are just so rowdy, which means more work for me, more paper work and more time consuming. I guess in a way it’s good because it shows I’m doing my job when they see it in writing. I got a silly question… what is “core” stuff

Craftymom - I am the same way! If I can keep myself busy, I tend to not think about food as much.

Today has been a trying day. One of my students, *sigh* slit her wrists. There’s been talk between the other teachers and myself as to why she is here in school in the first place. Many feel she needs to be in a psychiatric hospital, or at least therapy. It’s a bit upsetting to me. She’s being tossed around in the school district… no wonder why she has an attitude with everyone, she thinks no one wants her… OY it’s been a day I tell you! I hope for her sake that whatever therapy session or whatever the next step is taken for her, that something good comes out of it.

It was a lovely day today… amazingly gorgeous outside… just couldn’t enjoy it today. However, now that I’m home, I hope I can get out of this slump and enjoy the rest of the day.

I tried something new today… Slim Fast Snack Bar… I have to say, this stuff taste SO MUCH better than they did years ago. I might consider buy these snack bars instead of eating granola bars all the time. Something quick and easy that I can take to work with me instead of going out for fast food.

I will definitely be getting my exercising in tonight. I have league tonight… some of my league members told me I made the papers for my first 200 game two weeks back. I’m excited!! I can’t wait to see the paper when I get there!

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Sue…
Old 02-05-2005, 02:18 AM   #14  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies…

I got some news on my student when I got home from league. She’s doing okie. That’s as much as I know. So I’m feeling a bit better on the situation. Hopefully I’ll find out more on Tuesday.

I got to the bowling alley and my whole team had the bowling paper for me. I made the papers heheh! YAY! Although I did bowl 3 games tonight, I’m thinking about doing a 1 mile WATP tape. I have all this energy that I need to burn off hehehe…

Well I’m off for the night, unless I do a WATP tape, I’ll come back and update my miles. I gotta keep up with Cathy

Take care everyone!

Sue…