Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-16-2004, 09:35 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, August 16th Chat

Good Morning,

The weekend was alot of fun. The surprise b/day party they had for me, which I knew about lol, because I had to clean my house was wonderful.

Next Sunday we are having DD's b/day party, she can't wait (me neither).

How was your weekend.

WHats your plans for the up and coming week? Did you all do good on your diet and exercise ? Saturday was cruddy for me but sunday was good
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:58 AM   #2  
CIN

Hi Gals
Walked first thing this morning with hubby ( we are on a roll! )

Completed one week and am begining week 2 of the new WW program. Hubby lost 4.I appear to have lost between 3-4.will know when I weigh in at work today!

I am soooo excited about the introduction of the "other" plan WW will have starting next week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am dying to tell my members but of course will not!

Week-end was fine but went entirely tooooooooooo fast!

I will check back later!

My Grandson started kindergarten this morning.....my daughter has no phone ..I am anxious to hear how he did. She has 3 out of 4 in school...bet she is all smiles ....trouble is the 4 yr old left is the biggest handful of them all!!!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I went to sleep at 9:30 last nite so that I wouldn't have any problem getting up at 5:00 this morning and getting in my exercise. But when the alarm went off I thought a bomb had gone off LOL I was not near ready to get up, so I hit the button and reset it to 6:00 and fell asleep. Didn't wake back up until it went off at 6:00 again. Don't know why I am so tired. Gotta make myself get up tomorrow morning tho, I am getting behind on my miles for the month.

School starts around here today. Youngest son started his first day of his Senior Year this morning. Oldest son will start his fall classes at college on Wednesday. Boy the traffic was something else this morning with everybody going back to school.

Leenie - glad you had a good weekend! are you doing a "theme" for gracie's bd party? sounds like fun!

Cin - good for you girlie! you are walkin like crazy! awesome! CONGRATS on the 3 or 4 lb weight loss in a week! that is totally AWESOME! the "new" ww plan sounds very good.

I honestly cannot believe that it is August in Louisiana. We have had at least 6 days in the past 2 weeks that have felt like FALL. This morning it was 62 degrees. That must be a record or something. I don't remember it ever doing this in August, but I sure do like it! I think I could get spoiled! It is usually very high humidity, starting at 80 in the morning and getting up to 100 in the afternoons. Yesterday it only got up to 85 and it was GREAT!

Hope everybody else is having nice weather!

Hope everybody gets a minute to check in today.

will be back later.

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-16-2004 at 10:27 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:23 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Cin, you and hubby are da bomb !! keep walkin girlie.

Cathy, maybe the season starting to change has gotten you tired... but you know I was thinking maybe since MaMa has passed, that the stress alone that leaves the body can make you tired...does that make sense. Its like when a burden, not that she was, but when something like that happens the body's like OKAY shut down, I don't have to run anymore. So just take it slow and gentle.... Signed, Dr. Leenie

Gracie's party is guess what ? ? ? ? BARBIE !! oy, I got her hats, a pinata, plates, goodies bags for the kids, pin the tail on the donkey.. I'm telling you, I am having a blast!!!! and I'm going to enjoy it b/c they grow up so fast. Whooohooo!!!! Its funny b/c you can get a whole poop load of barbie stuff for goodie bags at the dollar store, but if you go to the main stores the prices are tripple. LOVE $ stores

I have to get some work done LOL !!!

TTYL
Old 08-16-2004, 01:38 PM   #5  

Leenie - I hear ya girlie! I think you are right about the stress of MawMaw passing. My poor ole mind and body probably think "yippee we get a little break from the stress and we're just gonna run a little slower for a few days" - sounds reasonable to me. I was so on edge this weekend and only wanted to be left alone - but that ain't gonna happen hehe But no matter what, I'm gonna get up tomorrow morning. This body needs some exercise.

A Barbie Birthday Party sounds like so much fun! She will love it!!!! and yep the Dollar Store is great for stuff like that and other goodies too. Will her bd cake have Barbie on it too? ya'll have fun!

hugs,
cathy
Old 08-16-2004, 02:37 PM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies!

Zannie - Thanks for the warm comments! It's been hard, and honestly I never thought I could do it. I've tried this diet and that diet, and then eventually I just gave up. I've got myself in gear tho... it's been off and on, but now that my health is back I'm jumping back on the program. I just hope I don't get sick anymore hehehe... no more sniffles!

CIN - congrats on the weight loss. OOhh and congrats on the grandson's first day! I bet he must be way nervous and way excited! I'm sure his mother is the same way hehehehe... let us know how things went!

Cathy - Congrats on the weight loss! I agree with Leenie also... with all the stress going on, it could be what's draining you. I have to admit tho, on a side note, that I've had a hard time getting up in the mornings as well, specially after the weight loss... and then feeling tired through the day. Makes me curious now... Maybe once the fall quarter starts back up in September, I'll make an appointment with the doc and talk to her about it and see whats up.

Leenie - Hi! Barbie theme sounds so cute! Ahh man, I remember when Brit wanted Power Puff Girls or Tweety, ooh and there was even a time she liked Barbie... She's turning 12 in September, now she's like "there's no way i'm having a Chuck E Cheese party, that's so uncool" and James and I are sitting here like ... wow, teenagehood here we come OY! They grow up so fast... Now she's into Hilary Duff and make up, and talking on the phone, and talking and talking and WOW! Hehehe... I hope the party goes well! Warm wishes!

Today has been a good day. Yesterday I bowled for two hours. I think I finally figured out a good angle to throw my ball at. Thank goodness for practice sessions! I have league tonight hehehe... we'll see if practice paid off when I try this new angle during league. Was is for real or just a fluke? Maybe I just had a happy lane LOL... after bowl we did some yard work later in the day. I pruned all my roses and gardenia trees. I dunno if this is tacky... but i have this huge rose bush that grows lavendar colored roses and I've got it trained just right so that i can get a few long stemmed roses from it. Ladies, you should smell how sweet and fragrant they are! But I've been thinking, I've had to hack this thing back several times because I have a one story house and the rose bush grows up under the eaves of the house... I've been pondering on training them to grow out and around the eaves and over past the roof line. It's a shame to waste all the potential flowers I get from them. My nieghbors love the smell and often come by to get some roses from me and of course I bring some to my mom. I just been debating on whether or not to do that. Hehehe, I doubt I will.... I dug out 5 other rose bushes last year and planted some white (called sterling white) and more lavendar roses (called blue girl) but they are rather small still... I'm having some trouble with pruning them. I'm still getting stringy branches, but those will work out in due time...

Well now that's I've given you my whole layout for my gardening thoughts, I'll won't bore you anymore hehehehe...

I hope everyone has a good day!

Take care...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:23 PM   #7  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Hello Ladies!

Wow it's already 3pm. Today flew by! I like days like that. I eat less.

Today I've eaten fairly well - minus the 2 glasses of coke I had at lunch.

I had 2 pieces of cinnemon bread for breakfast and a soy veggie bar for a snack.

Later I went to lunch with my sister in law and I got a veggie sammich (omg it was sooo good) and fresh fruit on the side (with the 2 glasses of coke). Tonight after dinner when it cools down a bit I'll get my walk in.

I'm kinda tired today but I didn't sleep well last night so... DUH!

SueMarie: You're welcome! I know how you feel! I've been off and on my whole life until this time around... You can do it!

And bowling for 2 hours - good job! I'm jealous, I haven't bowled in years. SIGH! Maybe an activity I can convince hubby to do with me this weekend if we can find a babysitter.

Leenie: A BARBIE party!!! I'm just about as jealous of that as I am SueMarie's bowling. Well - actually, ok, i'm not a barbie fan. But I love all the pink!

Thank you, too, for the comments re: my success in another thread we'd both responded to earlier! Means a lot! You aren't doing so shabby yourself

Cathy: You know, it's wierd - on days that I HAVE to get up - it doesn't matter how much sleep I've gotten, I still can't do it. On days I can sleep in - I'm bounding out of bed at 6am!

I'm totally jealous of that fall weather you've got going on there! (I really need to work on this envy problem )

Cin: Good job on walking! I can never get out in the AM! But I *do* in the evening and don't put it off so... I guess it doesn't matter so much as long as I get it in!

I didn't realize WW was starting a new type of plan!! Are you allowed to divulge to those of us who don't do WW? I'm so nosy

------

Ok - I guess I should get some stuff done. That's no fun. Boo Hiss!

--zannie

P.S. I hit preview and am absolutely shocked I didn't hit any sort of smilie limit!?
zannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:07 PM   #8  

HI
Leenie: Happy B-day What a wonderful way to cellebrate your B-day.
Lets see last week end was nice and quite. Up coming weekend is busy lot of running visiting family Looking foward to it. Her party sound like a wonder she is going to love it.

Cin: Way go on the walking. congrat on the wieght. amazing work.

Cathy: We have had the same weather here in Ohio. Even drop to 47 at night , Been fall weather has been really strange. This morning Didn't want to get up. But haven't been sleeping at night.

SueMarie: Hi, Not too good at bowling, but love to do it with my son. Way to go on keeping on going. you are an amazing inspirations.

zannie: Hi sound like a good day.
Had a busy morning in to the hospital for all my pre test for my up and coming surgery on my knee. They are going to repair my Acl and knee cap on this coming monday.
Food is going great 3 months of abstain since I came out of the hospital. Celebrated that on august 10th. Still can't believe it. Feeling so much better these days. Nice to feel healthy. Been years since i have felt this good. What a gift it is.
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

hi everyone.. am back to gym full swing now, tho some exercises are still modified til i see physio again middle of next month...

son went back to work today.. first day back after 6 weeks off. he completed his rehab program yesterday. i hope he stays with it.

he had a fellow lined up to apply for an apt with, but the fellow never called him back.. when son finally caught up with him late last week, the cheeky bugger had gotten another roommate and place and hadn't bothered telling son. i couldn't believe someone doing that! it's probably better for son, but not so good for us. it's hard with him at home... he needs to be under his own roof.... he may have 2 fellows lined up for Oct. 1 providing they can get the 3 BR townhouse they are applying for.. gee it's hard for kids to get a start...

everyone sounds so happy... tired, but happy.

congrats to everyone on the tremendous weight losses!!!! My weigh in will be Wed AM, measuring tomorrow.. took my measurements a month ago, and despite having missed exercising most of the last month because of my back injury, i still lost weight I think.. clothing is feeling looser.. not lots, but it's a start.

am leaving Wed AM for a three day conference about 5 hours from here... see you all on the weekend.. have a great week... and if you have room in your prayers, please send a few up that son's rooming situation works out.. roomies AND townhouse... thanks
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:04 AM   #10  
CIN

Default Zannie question

Zannie
No................sorry I cannot share until next week. I will then if you like!
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:03 AM   #11  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIN
Zannie
No................sorry I cannot share until next week. I will then if you like!
Cin
party pooper!
Old 08-17-2004, 11:22 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

PARTY POOOOOOOOOPER !!! (she is isn't she Zannie) jk jk jk jk jk jk

Flower good to see you and your stats look WONDERFUL !!!! Good luck on your surgery, what day is it ?

Judo, have a blast when your away. Do you need me to water your plants

Babycakes, you'd the Bomb !! keeping busy I see. Excellent, very good !! I'm so proud of you. Moving is the key.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:26 AM   #13  

WAIT! i just saw Flower's stats! do you mean to tell me that she has lost 56 lbs in 3 months! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Old 08-17-2004, 12:34 PM   #14  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Yeah that!!! Good Job!!!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:48 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

She's Amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!