Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-08-2004, 08:16 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Mothers Day Weekend Chat - May 8 & 9

Good Morning Chickies,

Hope your all going to have a wondeful weekend. Right now I'm drinking my coffee sitting with the wee one watching disney's out of the box, cute show.

Not much planned today, I'm to tired to think of anything to do at the moment but I'm sure that will change in a few.

Watcha all up to ?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:35 AM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Good Morning!!
Today I am going to sleep. Then bathe my rats and clean their cages, then clean fish tanks, then go play tennis with friends, then we're having the BBQ and Cards night over here. I got the whole house cleaned yesterday, plus got in tennis and swimming and other things. Yay!!

Tomorrow, I am not sure what's up. My DH and DD are up to something...those two are being sneaky so...we shall see. Can't wait though! I always look forward to their "surprises".

Have a good weekend all!! Oh and to all of the mothers out there...whether by birth or adoption, foster or marriage, step or honorary, moms of kids, cats, dogs, rats, and other critters, and just cause...this is for you...

Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:42 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Noodles, with all your energy when you come to NJ I'm gonna have you clean my house you go girl and I can't wait to meet you.

You too, Happy Mothers Day !!!

And Happy Mothers Day to One And All
Old 05-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I had my 2 cups of in the quiet this morning! (thank you - I love peace & quiet). Then I fixed pancakes for Ed and Cody. Hope Christian is getting something good to eat in Florida on the band trip. I'm sure he is having a blast. Now I'm cleaning house. Probably be at it all day. I will be tied up the next 3 Saturdays with weddings and graduations so I'm gonna need a maid. Any volunteers?

I hope everybody has a great day and a wonderful Mothers Day.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #5  

Happy Mother's Day to all!

Oh Cathy, how are you feeling? Trying to stand on a secretarys chair rated right up there on the "Brain Fart" list, ya know!

Liz, I was thinking of your DD early this morning because we were awake because of bad weather. Ya know, she is only eleven and not too many of us had good social skills then. I think that, with a bit of time, she will grow into it all. She will have to understand that the other girls do have a right to their opinions, but those opinions aren't relevant to her. In other words, tell her to ignore them and not to react. Also, I repeat that if you don't make a big deal out of it all, she will imitate you. Oh, I don't mean that you shouldn't support her at all. Just love her and tell her that this too shall pass.
(And if you think eleven is a age of trials, wait until she is sixteen!)
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Good morning ladies,

Leens, I love the weight loss gif You are doing wonderfully!! Thanks for the congrats on daughter. She's working to lose 15 pounds by beginning of July to slip down into next weight category. It's doable. I took her to a personal trainer in our city who has shed 130 pounds herself. Now she and her hub run a fitness place. Daughter is loving it, trainer feels 15 pounds is doable, and I'm signing myself up with her next month after son moves out (if that comes to be *lol*)

Good morning Noodles and Happy Mom's day to you too!

Hi Cathy... sounds like some busy weekends ahead!! We have my grad end of this month, a wedding two weeks later, and then my youngest sis, her hub and three children (not quite 4, not quite 2, and newly arrived in March) will be out here the weekend after.

Hi Tippy.. hope all is well with you. I agree with the 16 year old thing *lol*. Mine will be 16 two weeks today.

Hope everyone has a bright, beautiful and relaxing Mother's Day.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:03 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Default Woohoo

Morning Ladies!

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to EVERYONE

Leenie – LOL That’s a lot of coffee! (looking at emoticons). I’m going out to Moval to take my mother out for dinner to celebrate Mother’s Day since she works on Sunday. She’s been so much happier since the doctors took her off medical leave and she avoided surgery. So we got a few things to celebrate.

I can’t stay long taking car in to get brakes done as well but I just wanted to pass on some information to you all…

I weighed myself this morning, which I haven’t done in maybe a week (not sure) but umm… I used that mirror trick that Leenie mentioned, but I had to call James in to be sure my eyes were not fibbing. I’ve lost another 5lbs. I’m totally happy right now. I just hope my saying so doesn’t jinx me and I end up gaining it all back. So that makes for a total of 13lbs that I have lost… I guess I’m a tad bit disappointed that I can’t see where it’s been lost from hehehe I even asked James does it look like it?

Now I just need to incorporate a bit more (okie a lot more) exercise into my schedule. I got my new bowling ball Friday so James and I went out and bowled 3 games each. Woohoo I’m enjoying it but, I still gotta learn how to control the curve on it LOL.

Love you guys!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 03:48 PM   #8  

Good afternoon ladies

It's an overcast day here today.....I woke up later than usual.....not much going on for me today....but you never know.....I might go out later.

Leenie.....the wedding is 1 week from today....we leave next Wednesday....the wedding isn't formal....the men are wearing suits. There will be about 87 people there.
My dress is black & sleeveless....the jacket is taupe....it's a petite size in a womens size....the jacket had 2 black darts on each side in the front....they look like inverted slim triangles....about 5 or 6" long.......on both sides it is black....it looks slimming....the sleeves come 2 or 3" below the elbow....it doesn't have to be hemmed....which is nice.
The bride didn't want to wear white....she has a very nice red dress that she bought....a blue red dress. The priest said she was supposed to wear white.....so she had a longer white jacket made to wear over the dress in the church.....she is 37 & wanted something she could wear again.....it's her 1st wedding.....& my DS1's 1st.

Noodles.....you seem like you have so much energy.....you can come up to Canada to clean my house also....lol.

Hi Sue Marie.....I am doing what we talked about in the other thread....& enteing my food into www.fitday.com

April....aka...Bobbie

Last edited by april99; 05-08-2004 at 03:51 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 03:50 PM   #9  

Hey Tip - I'm fine. Just a little sore. Yea not one of my brighter moments for sure, but I hate to even think how many times I have jumped up on that rolling secretary chair to do stuff. goofy I know. don't think I will try it again.

Cin - you asked if the battery got changed. Oh yes indeed, dear hubby jumped up to make sure I was ok, asked what I was doing and said "well golly why don't ya just say something...I will change it" so he jumped up (on a regular wooden chair with no wheels) and changed 3 of them while he was at it.

Hey Joanne - that sounds great with the personal trainer. should be fun. you will have to keep us posted. congrats to your dd.

SueMarie - great big CONGRATS on the 5 lb weight loss! that is awesome! YOU GO GIRL!

I just finished cleaning and then I painted my toenails (it is getting harder and harder to reach 'em) and now have clothes to fold and then gotta start some supper.

hope all is well. hugs,
cathy
Old 05-08-2004, 03:54 PM   #10  

Hey April - you and I were posting at the same time. I read your post on the calorie counting thread - congrats on the weight loss! awesome!

I weighed 206 this morning (still), and have a low thyroid. I can't eat more then 1200 to 1400 calories a day, and even at that I still don't lose weight - it is so frustrating - but I have never been able to eat the amount of calories they say I should be able to eat - but I really think it works for people that don't have a low thyroid.

your dress for the wedding sounds beautiful - have fun!

hugs,
cathy
Old 05-08-2004, 04:05 PM   #11  

Hi Cathy.....I saw that after I posted....thanks....yes the dress is nice.
The last few months I was losing & gaining the same 3 lbs....so I guess I need to know how many calories a day I am eating.....so I don't go overboard.

I have a question.....has anyone ever started to eat more after you have bought a dress for something important going on in your life?
Five years ago.....when DS2 was getting married.....after I bought the dress....I seemed to start eating more.....I was doing the same this time....I have stopped doing it now....eating more. I wonder if it's something psychological....about the upcoming wedding coming up.

April...aka...Bobbie
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 07:55 PM   #12  

April - I think you are right - sounds like stress to me. Maybe before buying the dress you are mindful of the fact that you want to be as small as possible to find just the right dress, and then after that goal is met, maybe then the stress of the upcoming event makes you eat more then usual???

cathy
Old 05-08-2004, 08:24 PM   #13  

Hi you beuatiful ladies.

Thank you for all the support. My son will be doing my account updates.
I am so nervous and excited at the same time. Just can't sit still.
Thank you for everything everyone.
Love you all.
Hugs to all.
Happy MOM"s days.
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 09:35 PM   #14  

Hey Flowerstorm I thought you were leaving later in the week. How long will you be gone? you will have to tell us all about it when you get back.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs,
cathy
Old 05-08-2004, 10:10 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girls,

Cathy, glad your feeling better

Tippy where are you going to eat for Mum' day ?

April, your dress sounds beautiful, I bet your gonna look wonderful. Try not to worry about to much and just enjoy the day

Judomom tell your daughter we are rootin for her, I'm sure with her cheering section she can't go wrong BRAVO !!!

Sue 13 lbs is wonderful, wtg !! don't question it, just enjoy the ride down

Liz you working today??

Julia, HUGS AND KISSES, good luck SMOOOOCH!!!!

Well its almost bed time, so off I'll go, tomorrow i have alot of plants to plant with gracie.

Hugs all.