Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 08:02 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, October 15th - Daily Chat

Good Morning Everyone

Lynette welcome to 3FC's and please don't appologize for jumping into a thread, you are more then welcome here

There is a Bio thread located at the top of the boards where we all have entered some information about ourselves, it would be wonderful if you could fill one out too so we could get to know you as well.

Lynnie, you too!! don't be sorry for talking to us, this is why we are here. We are here to support each other in all aspects of our lives not just "dieting." I think if thats ALL we talked about I'd go a little looney (okay more looney). Besides, your a sweetheart and we love you little sis !

Liz BRAVO girl on controling yourself during T-giving. I know when ours comes there had better be some things nailed down because if its not "ITS MINE "

I did wonderful eating yesterday, I'm gonna pray I can do the same today, one day at a time right

Hugs, tty later
Old 10-15-2003, 09:32 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning

Let's see yesterday even though stressed I stayed within my points.I am proud of myself on my eating even though some gets ate in the early morning.
Today me and DH are going to Housing Authorities to apply for Section 8.Maybe we can find some low income housing somewhere.

Tomorrow DH goes to get his CPAP machine.So as soon as that starts getting better he will be able to go back to work.I am thinking of making up a flyer for babysitting.I love working with babies and have lots of experience with it.

Hope yall have a great day.
Thanks Leenie!!!

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 10-15-2003, 10:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Kemp? did this cool front hit ya'll this morning too? We woke up to 50 degrees and no humidity! it is heavenly!!!!!!

Welcome Lynnette!

Liz! congrats on your control for Thanksgiving dinner! Hope I'll be able to say the same when ours rolls around! Can somebody give me a history lesson - how come Canada celebrates in Oct and the US celebrates in Nov? does anybody know?

Leenie, thanks for posting the thing from Dr Phil and congrats on your eating yesterday! keep up the good work!

Lynnie, hope the housing works out.

Tippy! I'm praying that leg will heal up quickly! Thanks for letting us know what's going on.

Cin, how many meetings today?

LindaT - BOO! CHRISTMAS IS COMING! :-)

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-15-2003, 10:11 AM   #4  

I love Louisiana today Yes Cathy is is wonderful outside. I have to front door open here at work. I figuered if I can't be outside I could open the door and try to enough it from my desk.

I have a quetion for you guys. When you are feeling really down and all you want to do is lay on the sofa what do you do to make yourself move? I have noticed that I have a hard time moving over the weekends. If it is the slightest bit uncomfortable outside all I do is lay on the sofa all day and watch tv. Getting up only to eat and go to the potty. Is there some sort of thing I can do or tell myself to make me move?
Old 10-15-2003, 10:14 AM   #5  
Divine Gal

Kempy:

when i feel like that i lay there too and wait till the next day to get motivated.I know I wish I had an answer.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:21 AM   #6  

Talking

Good morning Ladies! This is my first time posting on a daily thread. Sounds like you all are doing well. I have been going thru some up and down times, but I am feeling better about myself, and ready to move on with life. I have decided to begin exercising at home on a regular basis, and continue to eat healthy. I don't want to stress about losing weight, I just want to concentrate on changing my clothing size and the way my body looks.

I have a question. I have one of those resistance bands at home, and was wondering if anyone knew of a tape/DVD that I could get that uses those bands to exercise? I have the one for the arms and the stretchie one for the legs.

Deondra
Old 10-15-2003, 10:33 AM   #7  

Red face Off to bed

Just a quick hello!

It is colder in Canada and so they harvested earlier in the fall....that was the beginning of Thanksgiving.....the pilgrims would eat the veg's they harvested and Tom Turkey!

Can't stay awake.....gotta go hit the pit....will pop in later!

Eliz
Old 10-15-2003, 11:24 AM   #8  

Good morning

Just dropping by to say hi.....am on my way out the door for coffee with friends.....see you later.

April
Old 10-15-2003, 12:43 PM   #9  
Walking by faith

Angry Good day ladies!

Welcome deeaalexus! Sound like you're already doing a great job of staying on track. You've found the perfect place to go for extra support when you need it. Looking forward to hearing more from you

Liz: Good for you for staying on track through Thanksgiving
Why do our holidays have to center so much around FOOD?
One good thing this year-DS has asked me to teach him how to bake. Our first project will be pumpkin pie (his favorite). Maybe if I don't cook it, I won't be so tempted to eat it (he IS a good cook, by the way)

Lynnie: I hope you have good luck with the housing authority. My DH also has a CPAP, and it helps a lot. It took some getting used to for him, but he's getting better sleep now.

Kempyd & Cathy: I had to take DH to work at 5:30 this morning What a beautiful morning! The moon and stars were still out, the air was beautifully clear, and it was COOL(55 F). Hooray for fall!

I missed my TOPS weigh in last night (don't ask!) Leens, I think it was you who asked how I like it. It's a pretty good support group. They don't have a particular diet, but they recommend the ADA exchange program, and they explain about it on their site (www.tops.org). Our chapter is fairly new, but growing.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 10-15-2003, 02:27 PM   #10  
CIN

Default Helloooooooooooooooooo

Hello Ladies,
Just popped in to say hi & bye.headed to work out of town at 4!

Grandaughters stayed over night.Took 9 yr old to Dr to meet her Mom there.9 yr old had entire big toe nail removed! She was a trooper! Then off to McDonalds ( of course)! (ingrown toe nail on each side..very bad!)

BBL
Cin
Old 10-15-2003, 03:30 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Well gang We have official been put on the waiting list for both public housing and section8.I told my DH i can't keep living like this because its not good for my mental stability.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:40 PM   #12  

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have done my bio. I can't wait to have the time to read everyone else's so that I can get to know you all better.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:02 PM   #13  

Hi again

I went for coffee this morning....just one of my friends was there.....then went to WalMart. I went for an upper lip wax & waxing wherever my face needed it...LOL....as one gets older....you get more hair on the face & less on the legs....at least for me it does.

Welcome Lynette & Deondra....the ladies here are really nice.

Cathy....it was just below freezing here when I got up today....it is still chilly here now.

Kemp......When I was so depressed last winter....on the days I felt really down....I didn't do much....some days I just stayed in bed....I just didn't have the energy to do anything.

Lynnie.....what is CPAP?....I live in Canada & never heard of that....I am glad you got on the waiting list for public housing....is the waiting list very long?

April
Old 10-16-2003, 08:21 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally posted by deeaalexus
I have a question. I have one of those resistance bands at home, and was wondering if anyone knew of a tape/DVD that I could get that uses those bands to exercise? I have the one for the arms and the stretchie one for the legs.

Deondra
Hi Deondra,

Welcome !!!

The only take that I can think of (because I don't exercise ) is the Richard Simmons ones, there's one that he uses the resistance bands (I gave it to my sister, sorry I forgot the name) but it is one of his recent ones.

There's an exercise thread on 3FC's that you might want to ask this question.

Hope it helps
Closed Thread