Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-06-2004, 09:20 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Wednesday Chat - October 6th

Good Morning,

I am home today...playing hookey I have lots of errands to do, so I will be back later to read up on yesterday's thread.

How is everyone today?

Burrrrrrrr is it cold out today
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:47 AM   #2  

Default Good day!

Hey everyone!

I am busy typing my paper today...I'll pop in and out.

Hope you get lots done Leens.

See ya ALL later.

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:23 AM   #3  

Hi good morning your right its cold real cold. Thanks for all the good advice i appreciate it. I have to lose for me and my family. Well just wanted to say hi . take care
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:02 PM   #4  

What a night! I woke at 1:30AM with atrial fibrillation and took some medication. I hate that cause I get nauseated. Blech! So, I had a rotten night and Roger was awake a lot with diarrhea. What a great couple we are!

DD just told me that her father was in the hospital in Fairbanks, Alaska last week with atrial fibrillation! Was flown out of the bush (Clean up that mind, Leens!). He already had three heart attacks so he best take it easy...not that he will.

I'm so tired! A medical person told me that the reason I am tired after atrial fib is cause my heart ran a marathon without me! Cute, huh? I just wish someone could tell me why I have bladder problems after that. Strange! Gonna take a nap this afternoon!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:00 PM   #5  
Walking by faith

Smile Hello Ladies

Leenie: Hope you're day has been a productive one. Stay warm!

Liz: Good luck w/your paper!

Jessica: Hi

Tippy: Sounds like you're going through a rough time (I can relate ) Hope you'll be feeling better soon

I went to my ortho yesterday. This ankle is healing VERY slowly. I see him again in 3 more weeks, and he's already talking about a bone stimulator (?) and even MORE SURGERY if this goes beyond the beginning of next year. Between being non-weight bearing and worrying about the medical bills, I'm struggling . All I can do is turn it over to GOD, and live one day at a time.

Check out my new stats!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 06:54 PM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies…

Liz – enjoy school… not be obsessed… never heard of that LOL

Jessica – Advice on weight loss…. Slow and easy. Start off slow, get the feel for whatever exercise you are doing and slowly add on, see what you can handle first. I count calories. Which I swear, I never thought I would do. But it’s amazing how much I have learned as far as just counting calories. See how much you eat in an average day, then cut back by like 500… see for me I have a program that estimated I ate about 3200 calories a day… so I’m cutting back to 2500. I know that’s a lot for starting off, but I started at 1600… which was good at first cause I was loosing the weight, but then I started getting sick… your body not use to taking in so little so as the weight comes off fast your immune system weakens to. So I got sick got well got sick, I pretty much gained about 8lbs of my 30lbs I lost. Which I am fine with, but I’ve adjusted and working from there… And as Leenie has said… drink water. Start at 64oz which is your stand 8 – 8oz glasses a day. There’s suppose to be a formula for how much you should drink according to your weight, but I duno what it is, so I stick with 64 and drink more if can. Walking is always a good start. That’s what I started off with. I bought myself a pedometer, and then I found some really good work out videos as well… I hope some of this helps…

Tippy - : I’m sorry to hear the rough time you had last night.

Joanne: Ugg… hopefully before that happens your ankle’s healing will pick up in pace. *big hugz*

It’s been a long day… and I’m being an evil student… I’ve decided to skip lecture today and come home and nap well the nap is so I can gain my strength for the 24 hour of homework I’ll be doing to catch up this weekend hehehe…

I’m doing okie on my program… I’m truly following it, but I’m not really over eating either. So that’s a good sign. I need to become active more, but it’s hard because I’m always typing out papers so I’m chained to the computer all the time.

We’re going out dancing this weekend tho that will be good exercise and fun too!

Catch you all later!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:44 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Jessica, nice to see you again. HUGS to you and your family and we're glad your here.

Tippy my girl, what the heck is going on. Is it something in the wisconsin water? Feel better Sis

Liz, good luck w/your paper, hope it goes quick

SueMarie, I agree, becoming active is hard, I think its harder than watching what you eat. I was never an atheletic person and I doubt I ever will be. Sad huh. Good luck w/your homework

Joanne, all you can do is give it to the Lord, but please know I will be praying for you. HUGS !!!! Is that 33 lbs lost ????????? WOAH GIRL !!!! YOU ROCK!! I'm so proud of you, even w/all that stress your still doing great. Good for you !!

Its time for me to put DD to bed, we had a good day. I got new piggy slipper lol.

TTYT, HUGS!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:43 PM   #8  

Thanks everybody all the advice helps im doing good day 3 for me but i do need to exercise. suemarie thanks for all that info very helpful. hope everyone is well today. its hard to get up and motavate. i also have a pedometer love it tells u how many calories u burn too. well better go take care
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:42 AM   #9  

Good night everybody.......just have editing left to do......don't know how to reference material I downloaded from the internet....what the **** was I thinking people?

xoEliz
Old 10-07-2004, 02:46 AM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Liz! You come to the right person... okie well the right forum LOL

I have a lot of sites bookmarked... I am ALWAYS writing papers for my classes...

If you are writing in MLA format...

Diane Hackers - A Writers Reference

I have the book also, but it's nice to have the site as well

If you are writing in APA format...

APA Refernce List

If you have ANY questions I can help, or try to help you or at least see if one of the billions of links i have will help

Leenie - Definately! Motivation is hard and getting active and remaining active is as well!

Jessica - Your Welcome... that sounds like my pedomete hehehe. Mine tells you calories burned, distance walked and even has a clock. I got it from walmart hehehe...

Good Night everyone...

P.S. Liz I hope I got to you in time, I know your post said you were doing some last minute editing... good luck!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:00 AM   #11  

Default Thanks sue!

No not too late at all...I'll be fine tuning this paper for the next couple days!

Thanks so much!

hugs!

Eliz