Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday, October 8

Good Morning Chickadees!

I'm starting this up and grabbing my coffee!

Where did fall go??? It's 70 this morning with about 300% humidity.

Leenie? did you ever think of the name of that woman? I hate when I can't remember something like that. It's buggin me!

be back later gaters!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-08-2003, 09:38 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Boo

Cathy
I didnt want to start the thread so I was e mailing you at the very moment!

Good Morning all.BBL gonna walk today!

Cin
Old 10-08-2003, 09:46 AM   #3  

Cathy my gills are back. Just when I had put them away for the winter too. Isn't it terrible outside? Thank goodness the AC is fixed. It would have been miserable getting dressed this morning. Did yours get fixed?

Question for you WW ladies. Why is meat so bad? Where do you get your protein. I have never done WW so I have no idea what the program covers. I was just reading yesterdays thread and I say what you were saying about chilli.

My boss is gone until Monday. I am so glad to have the place to myself. It really is peaceful when he isn't around. I know that is terrible to say but I like to be left alone to do what I have to do.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:17 AM   #4  

Angry good morning!

It is another fall day here! Lots more leaves fell yesterday in the wind!

I am off today and then work the next seven shifts......four evenings at the desk (in-charge) and then three nights.....then a long stretch off....so I am back to my old tricks!

I had a good day yesterday.....am a bit draggy today......but am going to force myself to go for a walk this morning with a friend and to the gym after lunch with dd5. Tonight she gets enrolled into sparks and there is a little social. Should be cute.

DD11 has her up and down days...I am reading a book call "Queen Bees and Wanna Be's" to help me with the adolescence thing .....some days I really wonder if I will survive....though I have to admit all things considered this is one of my best falls ever.

I got all my hair cut off yesterday and got my brows waxed before work......so I am feeling a litlle "lighter" today....amazing what a hair cut can do.....

When I can say I am down some weight it will help a lot too!

I am interested in the comments that people made regarding Dr. Phil yesterday.....sorry I missed the show on Monday......when is the weight show on again? Does anyone know.

Just curious what kind of work does everyone do? I will start....I am an Medical/ER nurse....my position is just under half time but I pick up all over the hospital to about 3/4 time....it is shift work so either hubby or I are home with the kids.......I love work but my kids do miss me when I'm gone so I have to be careful not to get talked into working too much.

Well I hope everyone has a great day.

Kemp.......I am no expert on ww but I think the thing about the meat is more about portion control than anything...that is one of the hardest parts for me to get under controll.....I don't even know what a proper portion is most of the time.......well I know,,,,but you know what I mean

Eliz
Old 10-08-2003, 10:48 AM   #5  

Cin, I emailed ya back girlie! thanks for checking on me! enjoy your walk!

Kemp, yes the ac got fixed yesterday morning and boy have we been using it. and I'm with you - I like being left alone too! love it! love it! love it!

Liz, I'm a secretary/bookkeeper for a general contractor. I had worked for an attorney for over 17 years and it was pure craziness! I love my job now - I especially like working with numbers and books and invoices and such.

Dr Phil's weightloss shows come on Monday afternoons around 3 or 4 here in the states. I just set my vcr and watch it later. I have a tv here at work but there is always too much going on to hear whats going on.

Where's Leenie? did she pass out around the coffee pot this morning? where ya at girlie?

Where's the rest of the gang?
Old 10-08-2003, 11:20 AM   #6  
CIN

Default Howdy!

Good Morning again Ladies,
Kemp.good to see you.I missed you a few days ago.The meat thing you read about is a personal opinion. WW gives you choices on anything to eat.Beef is high in points.There are many way to reduce the points in homemade chili. The book refers to chili con carne..which is made up with higher fat selections.In the week 6 WW book there is even a wonderful recipe for beef chili that is 2 points per serving!WW can be hi protein low carb or just the opposite.They now have material in the meeting room available if you want to low carb with WWers! VERY FLEXIBLE INDEED!

Cathy.got the e mail and e mailed you again.

Liz..wow...you are working a lot this week!

As far as work.............I work part time as a WW Leader. I currently lead 5 meetings a week and sub for others sometimes.I have worked for them 15 years in March! It is an awesome and fun job for which I am thankful!

I am a college drop out.Always wanted to be a teacher and my love was Special Ed. I did work as a medications tech in a state facility with mentally retared and loved it! I think that was my "calling" that I missed and didnt follow thru with!

Being a housewife and Mother and working part time was and continues to be my favorite of all jobs.especially with 4 precious grandchildren!

Well....... didnt mean to write a book!

Later Taters...................Cathy calls you all Gators..I love taters!
Cin
Old 10-08-2003, 11:25 AM   #7  

Hi, this is my first time on this thread. Does any here suffer from SADD? This is my first winter with no antidepressant medications and I am scared. The doctor will give them to me but since I've lost so much weight on Atkins, I stopped needing them last spring after 7 years on them. The doctor was so impressed with my progress, he went on Atkins and recommends low carb to his patients. I am also looking into the new low carb WW as a support tool to Atkins in portionizing my foods. I started this yesterday and have eaten about 40 carbs and 30 points. It is an experiment and takes time to do both calculations. I don't attend WW meetings, just get the info off this site and the site at lowcarbfriends.com (Playground has a thread called "The Other Plan).

Will try to check in from time to time.
_______
Mary
376/266/160 Atkins 1/19/2001
BF% 50+%/37.7%/29%
Old 10-08-2003, 12:06 PM   #8  

Good morning everyone

Mary.....I also have SAD....was on antidepressants the last 2 winters.....am off them now....am using a light box every morning for a half hour when I wake up.....will have to see how it goes this winter.

Just checking in....on my way out the door to have coffee with friends. See you later.

April

Last edited by april99; 10-08-2003 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:52 PM   #9  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies!

Today is a better day so far. I didn't stop at the last night. My DS made and I ended up having 4 (he's a pretty good cook!). My stomach spent the rest of the evening saying I TOLD YOU SO!

Liz: You mentioned that your DD is registering for Sparks. Is that AWANA? I'm asking because I'm a Sparks leader In AWANA. That's my only outside job and my favorite by far.

Kemp & Cathy: Living in the Deep South w/no AC? NO WAY! My DH can't even handle not having it in the car. Hope your weather improves-ours has been so so.

Mary: Has your Dr. mentioned light therapy? I don't have any personal experience, but I've heard it can help. Thanks for the pictures. You've done a super job w/weight loss!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-08-2003, 02:46 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone,

Sorry boss is needy this week, she will be gone next week though lol

Mary !! welcome to the boards, well well look at your pictures, you should be so proud, you've done an amazing job. I am also on Atkins and moving along slow but sure. I really feel so much better then I did a few months ago. I also suffer from seasonal depression, when they change the clock back at the end of this month BAM, it hits me then. Driving to and from work in the dark is some days just to much to bear, but we do huh lol

Cathy, nope I haven't figured out her name, and its driving me nuts. ...... okay more nuts

Kem, I don't think WW thinks meat is bad, I just believe their method of weight loss is more focused on portion control. The only other thing I can think of is that red meats are higher in fat and calories then fish or poultry. Just a guess.

Cin, Liz, Joanne, April

I'll write more later, I hope
Old 10-08-2003, 03:08 PM   #11  

Wow Mary it is really nice to meet you! Awesome on the weightloss! I love before and after pics! You are just a shadow of your former self! CONGRATS!

Hey April! Hope you had a nice coffeebreak this morning!

Joanne, I'm glad today is a better day! Thank the Good Lord we get a new one every 24 hours!

Leens, glad to see you finally drug in! tell that boss you've got friends to chat with!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-08-2003, 03:31 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Cathy, I posted that question on the Tops boards hoping some one would remember who she was.....

{{{biting nails}}}} <--- ooops to many carbs
Old 10-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #13  

April, what antidepressant do you go on for the winter SADD. He gave me a prescription for Wellbutrin this time. Previously, I took Paxil. Just curious.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:05 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Thanks to LindaT, the never ending person with the mind as sharp as a book !!!

The lady who lost 211 lbs by going to TOPS is Snues !!!

Here's her website and she's got pictures there.... talk about motivational and couragous

http://www.geocities.com/snues208/

THANKS LINNY !!
Old 10-08-2003, 04:24 PM   #15  

Mary......I was on Paxil at first....then after about 2 months....I was switched to Effexor XR.....was on these meds from Dec. 2001 until July 2003....straight through....then I got a new doctor in July this year.....he took me off the Effexor XR....said I didn't need an antidepressant in the summer for seasonal affective disorder....have done okay off it....will try to stay off the antidepressant this fall & winter....am using light therapy every morning from Oct. 1 until April....if I need to go back on the antidepressant...this winter.....I will.....but will try the light therapy....& see if that works......if that is enough.

Do you use light therapy?.....it really does work.

See you later.

April
Closed Thread