Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-05-2022, 06:51 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default May 2022 Ups and Downs of Depression

Hi and We are a small but might group of friends who support each other through the ups and downs of life as we are challenged by our depression symptoms and effects.

Pasting the comments from a couple days ago -

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Holly: Congratulations on completing your last day at your winter office job and for your great review! I hope you are so proud of yourself! You may have had stomach aches and had to force yourself to put one foot in front of the other... but YOU DID IT!!! I am happy to hear that you have a solid spot there for next winter.

In your previous post, you asked about my parents (now 93 and 88). They still live alone together in the house where I was born and raised. Thankfully, their health is generally good for people their ages. I think I've mentioned here before, my Dad still walks on the treadmill every day for 20 minutes. Unfortunately, my Mom doesn't exercise. She stayed very active before Covid, but has stayed mostly at home for the past two years, so that has taken a bit of a toll on her. We bought her one of those little mini "bikes" that you pedal while sitting on your couch watching tv as an alternative to the treadmill, but she barely ever does that either. I worry about her. I worry about both of them.

Wow! It sounds like you have had crazy weather, too! I cant even imagine 6" of snow right now! I hope the warm, sunny weather will find its way to you soon.

I wish you the best with a whole new team at your summer job. I hope at least some of the others will be hard workers like you. That makes such a difference. And yes, let's hope and pray that your knees stay strong when you are back on your feet all day.

I'm so sorry that the clutter situation in your home is still a source of depression, frustration, and anger for you. I know first hand that it can put a lot of stress on the relationship at times. Hang in there... and keep adding to that "to do" list for when your hubby retires!

I like your examples of practicing gratitude. Focusing on my blessings instead of my challenges makes such a difference, but I so often forget this simple practice. Thank you for that reminder, Holly. I think I need to begin a gratitude journal again.

Ann: Hello! Hope all is well with you!

🌷HAPPY MAY!🌷
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Astray View Post
Holly, glad the job is over but I hope you take it as a new tool in your tool box, lots of new programs and processes. Yes April is cruel in NE and May can be a fickle B as well, I have had frosts and snow in May many times. Grass is growning and greening, I will be mowing this week!
Life has been busy, we just got back from a trip to Sleepy Hollow NY, hit all the historic and touristy places and got great pics of the dogs. Glad to be back home, I am still exhausted from the driving
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:59 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

Good morning friends!

Kathleen, it is so wonderful that you still have your parents, and that they are together in their own home; that is worrisome about your Mom though, I hope her health holds and maybe can be inspired by the great actions of your Dad. Of course you worry about them! we come full circle in life...best wishes

Ann great trip you took! what fun! what do you do with the dogs when you take trips? Oh gosh 'fickle' is the perfect word for New England spring! My daffodils look great, and my peonies are up about 2" and *some* parts of the lawn are getting thicker but not needing mowing yet .

Have been enjoying this time off very much! I don't think I'll have a problem with retiring lol. That's not for a few years yet anyway. Hey!! I am going to the summer job place today! Just preliminaries but we open in 13 days! I hope so much to have a good relationship with the new Chef and whoever else is in the kitchen with me.

Haven't gotten the motorcycle out yet, but maybe this is the week! I am definitley not as rabid as i was years ago, haha, when I was frantic to get on the road. guess it's 'been there/done that' and don't need to prove anything
Old 05-12-2022, 01:45 AM   #3  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Holly: Thank you for starting the May thread. I am so happy that you are enjoying your time off! Did you get to meet the new Chef or any of the other new staff the day you went to the Club recently? Are you using your resistance bands to strengthen your knees for those full days on your feet? No pressure intended! Just curious! 😉 Enjoy every minute of the rest of your time off! What is your start date for the summer job? I'm too lazy to count the days. Lol! And what is the date of your son's wedding? Are you involved in much of the planning?

Ann: Sounds like you had a good trip to Sleepy Hollow, NY. I agree that it is always good to be back home. What kind of dogs do you have? I am a serious dog lover! We have a 9-year-old Clumber Spaniel and a 1-year-old Cocker Spaniel. I sure hope that this May's weather is kind to you and that Spring arrives soon for you!

We finally made it up to the lake last weekend for the first time this year! It was a bit chilly, but we had fun. It warmed up and was beautiful on Mother's Day, which was nice. Happy Belated Mother's Day to you both!🌷 This weekend is supposed to be in the 80's but some rain/storms on Sat and Sun. Boo! I know we need it, but I hate rainy days.

I have to get an MRI on my breast implants (reconstructive surgery after breast cancer) on Monday to check for silent ruptures. It is part of a study I am in. I am dreading it, because the last one I had a few years ago was extremely uncomfortable. It was in 2020, right in the thick of Covid, so I was not only lying face down with my head in a face cradle, I also had to wear a mask the entire time. I asked if I could take my mask off for the procedure since the MRI tech was at least ten or more feet from me and I would be alone in the machine, but they wouldn't let me. I was also propped up so that my ribs were resting very uncomfortably on these brace or cradle type things that held my body up during the MRI, which lasted at least an hour. I felt so claustrophobic; like I couldn't breathe. It was awful. I called to tell them I was not going to do it if I have to wear a mask this time, and they talked to the MRI tech and said I won't have to. I am relieved about that, but still not looking forward to being propped up with my ribs being poked for over an hour again. Sorry for the long rant! I will just be SO relieved when it is over!

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:26 PM   #4  
Biker Chick!

Hello Kathleen! I actually have already been back at the summer job, starting last Thursday and Friday, then this week. I did enjoy every minute of the almost 2 weeks off but was so eager to get back to the job I mostly love the new Chef is very respectful of me and accommodating, and the other kitchen person is a young man who is quiet, good humored and respectful also! and I asked for a cost of living increase and got it! wow!

I have been keeping up with the Pahla Bee YouTube exercises but not the resistance bands...thank you for that kind reminder! My knees have not been too painful yet, even with having the desk job all winter. And I rode the motorcycle for the first time this year, to work! that is always a joy for me. Finally, finally, I am excited for the next day to arrive; that only happens in summer for me.

OH gosh I hope so much that the scan you have to do on Monday is not as horrible and painful as the previous one! absolutely if you don't have to be masked that is a help but the whole thing sounds like a very awful ordeal I am glad there is a method to check for ruptures but too bad it is so uncomfortable!!

So glad you have your summer house at the lake for good times!

Hello Ann, hopefully Spring has arrived in full force for you also

talk to you again soon!

Old 05-20-2022, 07:43 PM   #5  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Holly: I am so happy for you that the new Chef and other kitchen person are respectful and kind. And yay for the cost of living pay increase! I always feel relieved for you when you are back at your summer job since you enjoy it so much. Also glad to hear that you were able to get out on your motorcycle!

My MRI went SO much better this time! Not having to wear the mask while face down in the face cradle was SO much more comfortable. I was supposed to "be still" and, while I was in the MRI this time still breathing pretty heavy on my stomach, I remember thinking I was moving too much the whole time last time since I had to take such deep breaths with my mask on, too. Also, this MRI only took 20-30 minutes, so the discomfort on my ribs didn't last as long. So relieved it is over. I see my reconstruction surgeon next Monday, but I already peeked at my results and it says no evidence of rupture. So that's good.

Hello Ann! Hope all is well with you!

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 06:07 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

Good morning friends!

Kathleen, oh so good to hear that the procedure was not near as awful as the last time. and congrats on the GREAT news of no ruptures!

Work has been ... interesting with so many new employees, things are not quite as they should be; I can allow myself to get frustrated OR I can just accept it. The GM is just accepting it...so why should I get bent out of shape? I have talked to some of the long-time members and while they acknowledge that many things are out of whack, they are understanding and know that I would have been following protocol/traditions. So as long as I get paid and I have the continued freedom and control over MY position, (oh and lots of new respect!) then things are great. I received the tip money from Opening Week and it is *almost* enough to cover new tires for the motorcycle, yay!

I have been back to doing the lawn work, and boy it does toughen one up. The hand push mower and weedwhacking. And on one of my days off, about 5 hours of planting seedlings. oh how I love it ! Still have some seedlings to put in the ground, and attention needed to some areas but I look forward to it instead of feeling like a chore.

oh other good news about work, I can now have 2 days off every week!!! for YEARS I have worked 6 days/week from mid-May to mid-October. I had last Monday and Tuesday off and it was so blessed for that second day. what a difference.

OK enough about me , would love to hear from you guys!
Old 06-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #7  

I have constant ups and downs at work. There is a kind of "emotional swing" and stability is rarely present. We were developing a new project with a group of managers, that is, an innovation for the software and did not carry out an assessment. The whole project, roughly speaking, went for nothing. I was worried about this for a long time because I was responsible for it and did not understand why we were so confident in the project that we didn't even do the evaluation. And these thoughts made me more and more sad because we failed... But later I thought about how to estimate a software project and found a couple of ideas. Now we are trying to restore everything.

Last edited by Maxxx17; 06-29-2022 at 06:06 AM.
Maxxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote