Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-14-2021, 12:26 AM   #1  

Question Does depression cause or weight loss?

Hi all,
Is there any relation between depression and weight loss? What famous professor of Edward says about this thread: “When you are depressed, it is much harder to get out of bed, much less pay attention to what you are eating,” says Edward Abramson, PhD, an emeritus professor of psychology at California State University at Chico.
amazingsecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:34 PM   #2  

Basically, I've lost about 30 pounds twice now and have gained about half of it back each time. It seems whenever I reach 170 lbs or so (only 10 lbs away from being in a healthy BMI for me), some event happens, I get incredibly stressed and end up saying Speed Testit'.

Last edited by amelbeabk; 04-14-2021 at 05:49 AM.
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:13 AM   #3  

The point is that you don't have the energy to eat or be active, then yes, you will lose weight, but at what cost. And when you get back to normal, the weight comes back. Not the best way to lose weight, I don't recommend it.
davidg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depression, fat belly, reduce fat, weight gain, weight loss