Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-01-2020, 02:35 AM   #1  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default November 2020 Ups & Downs Support Group

Hello everyone and to the November 2020 Ups & Downs Support Group. We are a small but mighty group who are here to support each other through the ups & downs of both weight loss and life in general. Everyone is welcome to participate in the group! All you have to do is post.

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 11-01-2020 at 02:46 AM.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:58 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Kathleen thank you for starting the November thread!

How is your anxiety Kathleen, I hope so much that it has not gotten any worse and hopefully not terrible all the time ? What is the Covid situation in your state? has your husband's work been affected thru all of this? does your State has a mask mandate? I'm just so curious about how this has affected other people

I can't remember if I've told you about my current temporary job, helping out on a home renovation worksite. At first they tried me on interior painting but I guess i don't have a knack for it because that was only one day lol. But now the homeowner would like me for moving her packed boxes/totes from her old home to the new.And hopefully planting all the spring bulbs she ordered, before it snows. It is not a bad gig at all and I am so proud that i am not sore the next day. I think having this job, with the structure of HAVING to get up and do something on a timeline, along with my light therapy, is helping. However we just switched to Standard Time and it is almost black outside right now before 5 pm blows.

I hope our Pat and Lisa are doing okay!! thinking of both of you, with the issues you both have to deal with.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #3  

Hello Kathleen, hello Holly!!!

Kathleen thanks for starting the thread.

I have PT later.

I'm watching election coverage closely. Is anyone else?
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:06 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

Hi Lisa!!!! and everyone else I have not been watching closely because I know there will be so many conflicting reports and falsehoods told. But it surely is huge news . How is your knee progress??? any less pain in PT? thinking of you, Lisa!!

today is surgery for the lady I am assisting...it will be a long day for her and me! She is so thankful that I am available to be her assistant for the near future and I am so grateful for a well paying winter gig!!!

we just had our 41st wedding anniversary Tuesday and our present to ourselves is a Cub Cadet 24" snowthrower!! This makes me so happy, it is big but I need to master it.

thinking of you all, ones that are here and our friends who visited in the past!
Old 11-08-2020, 10:32 PM   #5  

Hi Holly, hello everyone,

I hope you are well. Holly, congrats on 41!!! I know a snow thrower will come in handy for you. Terrible winter's there.

PT might be done for me. I'm not sure need to meet with my PT guy and talk.

I finally got a space heater for my bedroom. My furnace needs work.

I hope you all are well.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:28 AM   #6  

hello
valerian22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:16 AM   #7  
I can do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerian22 View Post
hello
Hello valerian22! If you get a chance and have the desire, please post again and tell us a little bit about yourself. We would love to get to know you!
Old 11-11-2020, 02:45 AM   #8  
I can do it!!!

Hi Holly! Unfortunately, my anxiety is still in high gear. I just have a lot of to do's on my mind right now that are hanging over my head, and I am not doing a good job at all of taking things one day at a time. And, as much as I am looking forward to the new puppy, I am worried that I won't get a wink of sleep or get anything done ever again once he arrives. It has been nearly 8 years since we've had a small puppy, and I can't remember how we did it. I have to remember that the housetraining and tiny puppy stage is temporary and that he will come with lots of love and snuggles, too! ❤

The COVID situation in Ohio is fairly strict. Restaurants are open at about half capacity and we do have a statewide mask mandate. My husband's business (real estate development/building) has never closed since they are considered essential, but he is still mostly working from home. He is the boss, so it is his job to problem solve and "put out fires" daily, and he can do a lot of that over the phone and via email. He does need to go into the office occasionally to write contracts and other business. He also has to go out to the job sites on a regular basis. They are currently working on a huge project that is keeping him very busy.

You had not told me about your current temporary job (unless I missed it). That sounds perfect for you! I know you will especially love planting those spring bulbs. I am so happy to hear that the structure the job provides, along with the light therapy, is helping. I totally agree with you that this time change blows! I hate how early it gets dark now (by 5:30pm here right now). We have still managed to get several early walks in with our pup, Lucy. It sure helps to get outside while the sunshine is out this time of year. Our weather has been gorgeous lately. It has been in the 70's here for the past week!

Happy belated 41st wedding anniversary! ❤🎉 Wow, that is a huge accomplishment and commitment! You should be proud. I know that snowthrower will come in handy for your Vermont winters.

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 11-11-2020 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:11 AM   #9  
I can do it!!!

Hi Lisa! Why might you be done with PT? Is your knee fully healed now? Are you still having any pain? Please keep us posted.

That is good that you got a space heater for your bedroom. Just in time for the cold weather! I hope you will be able to get your furnace repaired before it gets too cold.

It is good to hear from you, Lisa!

Old 11-11-2020, 03:14 AM   #10  
I can do it!!!

Waving hello to Pat and TREEMBBS! . Thinking of both of you and sending you good thoughts.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:46 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Hi Holly, hello everyone,

I hope you are well. Holly, congrats on 41!!! I know a snow thrower will come in handy for you. Terrible winter's there.

PT might be done for me. I'm not sure need to meet with my PT guy and talk.

I finally got a space heater for my bedroom. My furnace needs work.

I hope you all are well.
Hi Lisa! thank you for the congrats on the marriage and the snowthrower I am also wondering why PT might be over for you? We know it is NOT fun for you though. I heard of some auto-machine that knee replacement people had to use, that it automatically makes you bend your knee/leg, did you have to do that? sounds positively tortuous! I am glad you got the space heater for your bedroom. Warmth is good! Always, always good to 'see' you here Lisa .
Old 11-14-2020, 07:47 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerian22 View Post
hello
Hi and valerian22
Old 11-14-2020, 07:56 AM   #13  
Biker Chick!

Hi Kathleen! You are such an attentive person, you answered everything I had thrown at you I'm so glad we all had that gorgeous warm weather, a week ago! it was especially crazy for us, in the Northeast, our usual November weather is gray, overcast, either chilly or downright cold, and maybe snowy (we did have 4 inches of snow the day before it started getting warm, that was when we bought the snowthrower)

and I'm glad you were able to get out with Lucy and enjoy some of that! I am so sorry you have the mixed joy/anxiety about the arriving puppy. they surely are alot of work and attention and exasperation, like a baby! I know it would do no good to tell you 'you have to get through this hard part to enjoy the rest' because I know you know that ...maybe it will be a supersmart puppy that picks it all up quickly but also addressing your anxiety about other things, i am sorry about that my friend! do you have leads on new therapists? Wising you the best!!

Our Governor, just yesterday, announced we are having to get strict again. Bars and social clubs are getting closed down after tonight. Restaurants still can operate but ONLY with single household people sitting together. Lodging - if entering Vermont you must swear that you traveled here in your own vehicle, did not associate with anyone other than your household on the way, had quarantined in your home for 14 days previously or agree to quarantining 14 days here, in your hotel room; or quarantined for 7 days following a negative Covid test. No one is gonna want to do that.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:57 AM   #14  
Biker Chick!

Also waving Hi to treembs and Pat!!!
Old 11-16-2020, 05:24 PM   #15  

Hellooooooo

I'm sorry I haven't been around much.

Kathleen, PT is done after 3 more visits. I'm done. I'm burnt out. I'm not having my other knee done for a while. I'm tired of pain. My left knee isn't healed so I'm not moving forward with the right one.

I'm tired of Drs. I'm tired of pt appts. I'm tired of hospitals. I'm done. I want to enjoy life. I haven't been happy. I want to worry about normal life stuff again. Like getting my hair cut. Getting groceries. Going to the dollar store. Spending time with my friend. Wearing pretty clothes. Wearing my new boots.

Sorry for my tangent.

I'm sorry about your anxiety. Anxiety blows chunks. I take medication for mine. It turned my life around, it really did.

Covid is still bad here too. They tried to open certain businesses but recently closed them again. I wanted to return to planet fitness but it's closed again.

Schools are are trying to get things right but covid cases are still in schools. Parents want kids back in school. I feel bad for schools, they are trying different things.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 11-16-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Tags
i believe