Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/147/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default October "Ups and Downs" Dealing with Depression Thread

Hi and ! we are a small but mighty group (our Kathleen's words ) who are doing our best to deal with what we have to deal with.

I am guilty of hardly visiting here at all during summer...that is when my depressive thoughts and feelings are almost non-existent. However once the weather turns cooler, the leaves drop, the flowers die, the hours of sunlight diminish, my summer job ends...NOW is when I have to fight so hard to keep positive.

But having friends here is so very great!!!

flower123 - how is your health?? is your GI better?? I hope so very much. Were you able to see the naturopath? and how are your flowers doing? and your ongoing journey of dealing with your grief. and just hoping things are good for you, Pat

we had frosty grass on Saturday morning but frost did not kill my flowers yet.

and thank you so much for your suggestions about dealing with my overstuffed house the e-bay suggestion is really great..but it would mean my husband agreeing to letting go of the stuff which is the problem. And I know I told of trying to at least have the tiny living room looking better. And it does! having that hideous couch out, and some other changes have made a diff in my mood.

I have been trying to change my negative thoughts (always a struggle!) and trying to talk myself into getting back into a regular fitness schedule. if I do ANYTHING it will be an improvement. I kinda gave up when my husband said that he expects to be dead within 10 years. That was a horrible thing to say. Maybe it's reality but who thinks like that??? so I decided that I need to take the best care of myself, to deal with WHATEVER happens in the future.

OK that's alot of me/me/me talk but you can come here and do that.

Last edited by VermontMom; 10-07-2019 at 01:55 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:06 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/147/145

Height: 5' 5"

I went back to some of our previous 'talks' and this is so helpful, Pat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Holly for many people, the must come to a place of great anger or complete frustration in order to change things. Especially women. Women were taught to please. To make the best of things. To act kind and take care of other people's feelings and NEEDS. So many women only defy that when it's like the last straw. It's quite empowering when we do. I can only imagine that years of sublimation might be bubbling up. So anger, "negativity" are very understandable. lol, Maybe a long sublimated volcano may be erupting inside. Letting off a lot of decades old compressed steam. How could that be bad? I hope you will not judge yourself too harshly while you are going through this, imo important time.

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote