Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-16-2019, 06:39 PM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default August Ups and Downs Fighting Depression Thread

Late but let's try to get ourselves together again
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:05 AM   #2  

Yay! I'm so glad to see a new thread!

How have you been Holly?
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #3  

Wishing you both well!
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:19 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

Hello Coop and Flower! and hope that all our other friends are Okay!! Lisa, Kathleen!!

I am gaining weight it comes from eating too much, eating bad choices, not exercising regularly, and 'eating my feelings'. Surprise surprise right? It is all in my control, which when I WAS in control makes you feel wonderful, and when NOT in control, is yucky.

But I am still active as heck, the work on the lawn must be my saving grace (as shoveling is in winter)

Our adopted doggie is such a sweetie but still is so very anxious when we leave the house. and I can think of our beloved, funny, cute EddieDog without crying anymore. Still sad though!! Kinda brings up how I react to death..my grandmother (20 years ago! my mother 8 years ago) don't like to think about death, try to keep them alive in my memories, but the reality is that they are gone. Can lead me into a very down place.

Today is my one day off, always so much to do. Still love my summer job pastry baking at the Club, just have to try to block out the things there that irritate me. Like the standards are now so much lower. I am still left alone to do whatever I want which is great but I don't like to see poorly-thought-out or executed lunches go out. whatever!!

My flowers are doing so well!! containers of petunias, pansies; the zinnias are all over, nasturtiums ( I memorized how to spell that) Grew some alyssium from seed but it doesn't look as nice as the nursery bought. We planted pickling cucumbers for the first time, not that we're going to go through the process of pickling; I just slice them and put them in the jars of pickles we already have in the fridge, crunchy and good! Can spy about 4 pumpkins and hopefully a couple of those big squashes I always grow.

Our Toy Run was last weekend and it went great. thank goodness its over for another year

I have an eye appt next week..I had the cataract surgery 2 years ago which I thought had solved all my sight issues...but last year I started having some more issues, frankly I am scared to hear what is going on but I guess I have to find out. It's that I have those 'floaters' , always have, but they have started to be much more foggy and cloudy to see through. ugh scary!

well enough from me, and I will try my best to be regular again!!
Old 08-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #5  

Holly it's so tough to lose pets people always underestimate how hard it is!

I know it's a bit out there, but if your new pup gets separation anxiety, maybe a second dog would help? They like to be social

I'm glad you're enjoying your summer job, and still get to have free reign over your cakes bet all that baking would make weight loss hard for anyone!

How scary to read about your eye problems! I really hope everything will go ok in your appointment. You don't need any more hardship right now!

Last edited by Coop27; 08-21-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #6  

I don't think I have much to report. I've been going to counselling with my OH to help with my chronic pain condition. It's been alright so far, I like this lady a lot more than the last lady I saw.

It's good having my OH understand more about the pain issue. He went away and found a really useful article that sounds like it might be pretty key to what's wrong with me. It might be hormones! So I'm getting some testing done after my next pay day.

I had a really weird week last week: 3 different sources all mentioned "the law of attraction", and an idea to write down 3 good things that happened each day. I figured the universe was trying to tell me something, so I've been doing it for 4 days now, trying to re-frame my mind to more positive thoughts and I already feel a lot more upbeat!

We've been house hunting too - we saw a couple of nice houses, and put offers in, but we were out-bid the market has gotten pretty quiet here since, I think people are nervous about Brexit. They say we're on the brink of another recession, and house prices might drop though, so we figure we should probably hold off buying for now anyway.

I'm sure I have more to report, but I can't remember it just now
Old 08-23-2019, 06:07 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

Hi Coop! Yes I have actually thought about getting another dog for a companion...though one is a handful right now! thanks for the thoughts

that is really something that 3 different people had that same thought to give you...and I also believe in the power of positive thinking, something that needs to be practiced and trained but so helpful.

I am glad you like the new counseling person. and I hope you can find the source, if it is the hormones, best wishes!!!

we (in the U.S.) are also hearing the "R" word, but hopefully nothing like what happened in ...'07 was it? I think.

best wishes on the house hunting!
Old 08-25-2019, 04:05 AM   #8  

Hi Coop and Holly
I forgot to come and read posts. I will now get back in the habit of doing that.

Holly, , I know these ophthalmologist appointments can be quite frightening. I have had significant things wrong with my eyes for decades. Please let us know how the appointment went.

Re: not dealing well with loss/death, I completely understand. I am glad that the grief has eased up after the passing of Eddie. Fur babies are unconditional love. Pure love on four legs <3 I understand about how grief can last for manyy years. And sometimes never really leave.

Sorry that the standards where you are working have slipping a bit. That must hurt someone like you who cares so much about integrity.... I hope that next year there is a new chef, if that's the root of the problem this year. Are you planning to work again at the factory during the winter months?

Sorry the food monster is messing with your cravings. Hoping you can put that monster back to sleep!!

Re your garden, it sounds awesome. Sweet Alyssium reseeds itself in the spring. So you may want to leave the plant/seeds in the garden over the winter months. If it goes to seed you should have it next year.

Coop really glad to hear the woman you are seeing for counselling is good. But I am sorry you deal with chronic pain. So glad to read that your OH is understanding that this pain is real. I remember once hearing a MD talk about the wide range of disorders that are caused by hormone imbalances. Great that you are writing down three good things each day. I should do it as well. Its so important. You mentioned Brexit. Do you live in England?

sending good thoughts to all

Last edited by flower123; 09-03-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:29 AM   #9  

Just noticed that Holly opened a Sept thread https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dep...epression.html