Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default July Ups and Downs Fighting Depression Thread

It's July! wow

Please feel free to join our small but mighty group! we support each other through the ups and downs of life. You can post as much or as little as you like.

I have been fighting depression most of my life. About 10 or 15 yrs. ago on either Lexapro or Wellbutrin. Was able to go off the Wellbutrin about 4 years ago, and have been okay since. I have incorporated alot of positive thinking to combat the negative thoughts. Weightwise, I will never be happy with how I look, but it does not consume me the way it used to.

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:09 AM   #2  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! Time is flying! I can't believe it is July already. I am doing well... just too busy and overwhelmed with life, as always. Trying to take one day at a time. A life-long good friend of both me and my husband died recently from prostate cancer. It really has me thinking that I need to stop getting caught up in the "rat race" and chaos in life and just soak in life and precious time with my loved ones. Even though it is all I want to do, I find it so difficult because I am so easily distracted. I am also "secretly" depressed because my 20-year-old daughter is going to live on campus this coming semester. I will miss her desperately. We do everything together. Since she is handicapped and chosen not to drive yet, I take her everywhere. I am worried about her safety since she cannot run away from strangers (due to her handicap). I say secretly depressed because I know it will be a good experience for her and I am doing my best to provide encouragement and guidance. But it is really hanging over my head and causing me so much anxiety. Otherwise, I have taken more walks with the family now that I can walk pain-free after my hip replacement. Did my first "formal" workout since surgery the other day. Trying to eat a bit more healthy. People say it looks like I've lost weight. I think I've lost a little, but I rarely weigh myself. I will post personals separately.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:14 AM   #3  
I can do it!!!

Flower: I'm so very sorry that you are experiencing such a painful and lonely time right now. It sure sounds like your brother is no help at all. In fact, he and his wife seem to make things worse for you. That makes me angry, because you deserve so much better! I am sending you great big hugs and lots of love!
Old 07-09-2019, 02:20 AM   #4  
I can do it!!!

Holly: Ouch and sorry about your finger! I am glad you aren't in too much pain. That sounds like it was really scary! When will you be able to go back to work... or have you started back already? Congratulations on your new pup, Chloe! How old is she? Do you have any photos of her to share with us? Enjoy that unconditional puppy love! (I call them "pups" no matter what age they are.)
Old 07-09-2019, 02:25 AM   #5  
I can do it!!!

Lisa: I am so sorry about your loss of Buggy! That must be so difficult when you have had him for 13 years. Losing a pet is the worst! I'm happy you still have Elvira around to give you some puppy lovin'. What is the status of your kidneys? I never saw an update after your ultrasound. Hope things are okay. Sending you love, Lisa!
Old 07-09-2019, 02:27 AM   #6  
I can do it!!!

Coop: Hello! How are you? Hope you are doing well!
Old 07-09-2019, 02:33 AM   #7  
I can do it!!!

Steph: I hope you found us here at the July thread. More importantly, I hope and pray that you will be able to get a successful kidney transplant. Good for you for having the courage and strength to work to lose weight and not give up! I wish you only the best, and I hope you will keep posting here to update us on your progress.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #8  

Is everything goes smooth?, I hope it will be great for you!
gonler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:54 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

Kathleen, so good to see you ! Very very sorry about the loss of your friend that is shattering isn't it. And it is wonderful that your dear daughter is so independent that she can live on campus but poor Mom !!! I know you are keeping a brave face about it as you call it 'secretly' depressed Have your moments of sadness in private, then put on the brave face for her, right? and I'm so glad you are pain free since the hip operation!!

I was only out of work for 1 week, due to my finger! Kinda pushed it but it was so frustrating to be held back only because of that one finger..but yes it was my right hand and life was kinda hard for a couple weeks. But it is healing very very nicely!! I don't even have to have it wrapped anymore, having air on it helps immensely.

I am back on the motorcycle and you know what that does for my spirit!! Also back into gardening/landscaping/watering/puttering around for HOURS a day . My joy Up at 5:05 a.m., coffee on the deck at 5:20, enjoying my yard and the birds chirping.

Hope I can successfully attach a pic of Chloe, she is a youngster, like 2 years old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chloe devilish.jpg (40.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-19-2019, 09:04 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
It's July! wow

Please feel free to join our small but mighty group! we support each other through the ups and downs of life. You can post as much or as little as you like.

I have been fighting depression most of my life. About 10 or 15 yrs. ago on either Lexapro or Wellbutrin. Was able to go off the Wellbutrin about 4 years ago, and have been okay since. I have incorporated alot of positive thinking to combat the negative thoughts. Weightwise, I will never be happy with how I look, but it does not consume me the way it used to.
It's often far healthier to accept your lovehandles, or luvvies as I call them and a pooched out lower tummy, FUPA, sagging breasts, buffalo butt, cellulite or whatever you think is wrong with your body

We are often are own harshest critics. In reality you likely don't have a perfect body, but it likely is no worse than that of your peers

Sit down lift up your shirt, look at how your tummy has rolls, give them a good pinch, have a laugh about the flab, then maybe think about what to do about it

The greatest motivational tool I know of is to force yourself into wearing a belly barring skimpy croptop and go shopping at Walmart with your belly exposed for anyone to see, sort of embarrassing yourself by publically showing off your problem area, that is guaranteed to motivate you to tighten things up and lose that FUPA pooch you dislike, especially if you bump into a coworker, neighbor,friend,etc. And your less than firm abs are just hanging out exposed
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #11  

Ladies, I'm very sorry I seem to have abandoned you all the thread seems to have stopped? I'm so sorry it has grown so quiet.

I lost sight of the forum after my tablet did an update on the way bookmarks are set out, which is why I've been so poor at stopping by.

You've all meant a lot to me over the last few years, I've come a long way since I joined the forum, so I can't let the group fizzle out without saying so

I hope everyone is doing well wherever and whatever is happening
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:37 PM   #12  
Biker Chick!

Hi Coop!! this place and these people mean alot to me too. I will start a (late) August thread!
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dep...ml#post5394368

Last edited by VermontMom; 08-16-2019 at 06:40 PM.