Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-30-2018, 05:47 PM   #61  

The kitten that is left is doing good. Momma has totally weaned her so i am feeding her with a dropper. She has finally got the hang of it and her appetite is getting better and better.

I took them out of the kitchen. they were dying of hypothermia. I feel like an idiot and the worst human being ever. i killed all these beautiful kittens. It was all my fault.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:51 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
I'm feeling pretty run down just now. Just struggling to stay awake at work, and I had a 2 hour afternoon nap on Sat and Sun. I have pretty bad hayfever too, and I piled on 6lbs last week! I am not sure what's triggered it, but I hope it'll pass. I reintroduced some foods, but I'm going to cut them out again, to see if it helps me feel better.

It cooled down a bit here - we got down to 40 degrees the other night - it was bliss! It's sticking around 60-70 now, but with a bit of rain. I'm enjoying it while it lasts!
Coop,

I am sorry you are struggling. I got a shot of B12 the other day and I feel better. Would you consider a shot of B12?

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 07-30-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:12 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
The kitten that is left is doing good. Momma has totally weaned her so i am feeding her with a dropper. She has finally got the hang of it and her appetite is getting better and better.

I took them out of the kitchen. they were dying of hypothermia. I feel like an idiot and the worst human being ever. i killed all these beautiful kittens. It was all my fault.
Lisa, you did not know that kittens need a warm place to survive. To be honest, neither did I. So this could have happened to kittens under my watch as well. You are a good person who did not have all the necessary info. This is NOT your fault. When you got the info, you moved kitten out of the kitchen. You are a good person with a good heart.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:20 PM   #64  

Quote:
I'm feeling pretty run down just now. Just struggling to stay awake at work, and I had a 2 hour afternoon nap on Sat and Sun. I have pretty bad hayfever too, and I piled on 6lbs last week! I am not sure what's triggered it, but I hope it'll pass. I reintroduced some foods, but I'm going to cut them out again, to see if it helps me feel better.

It cooled down a bit here - we got down to 40 degrees the other night - it was bliss! It's sticking around 60-70 now, but with a bit of rain. I'm enjoying it while it lasts!
Coop do you live in Northern Alaska? Southern AUS? "40 degrees the other night"? That is amazing. Bliss, indeed! Sorry you are not feeling good. I hope the hay fever quickly resolves. Re taking naps. So many people I know are requiring naps, and longer sleep. I feel sure you will get the food situation back under control. Reintroducing foods can be a slippery slope.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:18 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post

Lisa, you did not know that kittens need a warm place to survive. To be honest, neither did I. So this could have happened to kittens under my watch as well. You are a good person who did not have all the necessary info. This is NOT your fault. When you got the info, you moved kitten out of the kitchen. You are a good person with a good heart.
I watched all these kittens die and its near impossable to forgive myself. i am scarred. i will never let a cat have kittens again.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:20 PM   #66  

I havent been eating much. ive been workong on getting these kittens to rebound. My appetite is gone.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:44 PM   #67  

Lisa please don't blame yourself - I wouldn't have realised the kittens could get hypothermia either, so they wouldn't have been any better in my care. You are doing your absolute best!

You might be right about B12 - I was deficient in December, I should get myself tested again. My Dr will never give me B12 injections, but maybe some pills.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:54 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post

Coop do you live in Northern Alaska? Southern AUS? "40 degrees the other night"? That is amazing. Bliss, indeed! Sorry you are not feeling good. I hope the hay fever quickly resolves. Re taking naps. So many people I know are requiring naps, and longer sleep. I feel sure you will get the food situation back under control. Reintroducing foods can be a slippery slope.
Close! I'm in Scotland it's probably the same amount north to be fair!

I've eaten carefully today and already feel less exhausted. It's probably all in my head, but I'll keep it up.

Last edited by Coop27; 07-31-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM   #69  

Quote:
Lisa please don't blame yourself - I wouldn't have realised the kittens could get hypothermia either, so they wouldn't have been any better in my care. You are doing your absolute best!

You might be right about B12 - I was deficient in December, I should get myself tested again. My Dr will never give me B12 injections, but maybe some pills.
I think in my heart i know that.... But i watched eaach kitten die. they were happy and pretty healthy but when Sasha started weaning them, it went downhill. i didnt know they could get cold. I didnt know that their appetite would go downhill.

They were beautiful and i watched them all die.

I have one left, shes on my bed where its warm. Shes drinking kitten milk really well but shes on the small size. Ive named her Bluey.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 07-31-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:27 AM   #70  

Bluey had her first soft food meal today. She loved it. so far she is a good eater.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:53 AM   #71  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Hi all,
I just started the new thread for August. See you all there
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I watched all these kittens die and its near impossable to forgive myself. i am scarred. i will never let a cat have kittens again.
awww sweetheart, i understand what you are saying about self blame. But how many people would know about hypothermia? When I was young my cat had 2 litters. I never until now knew about threat of Hypothermia relating to a litter of kitties born inside during warm weather. Who would know this? A vet? Then why don't vets warn people? Please just know I never heard of this before. And my kitty had 2 litters when I was in my early 20s. Blame the vet, if you want. But you were completely innocent. Only someone with a very good heart would feel so much horror toward themself. Please Lisa, keep writing about this here. Your feelings are very real and raw. Keep talking. Let it out. You have people here who know your heart. We all will hold the truth for you. The truth of... you are innocent but I do not want you to feel silenced. Please keep writing about how you feel. I think it's important. Sending more hugs for you, Sasha and Bluey