Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-25-2017, 11:18 AM   #61  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Merry Christmas my friends!
all these smilies are so cute

Coop
- we are thinking of you!! putting together a service and burial is so stressful and gosh yes you have to deal with losing regular business days due to holidays. I hope your OH is okay, losing someone affects people differently and it can be months before outward grief shows. Continued love and support to you Coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post

My mood is better today. I've enrolled in the local college and was accepted. Not sure when my classes will begin. Lots of red tape.
Lisa, Yay for you!! that is great. Congrats! That is such a great way to fight loneliness and maybe meet friends.

Monica, Kathleen, JesikaBeth, HI

We DID get together with our younger son/wife and our older son on Saturday afternoon/evening, it was great!! I'm SO glad it came together.

Yesterday, after work (yeah, worked from 9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Christmas Eve) our older son came over for dinner with us, while the married son had Christmas Eve at his wife's family.

Today, husband and I are just relaxing (well, after spending almost 2 hours outside shoveling/snowthrowing the 6" of fresh stuff, and knocking back snowbanks to make room for more) and this afternoon, we drive to the in-laws for their Christmas dinner. It looks like the snow has stopped for now, I hope so!!! we have to drive 45 miles to the inlaws .

I hope to take a nice nap in a while, under the new gorgeously soft fleece blanket I got from one son.

I am gonna try to force myself to do a workout first. I have eaten EVERYTHING I want in the past 2 days :eek

Hey the RB gave me my CHristmas bonus yesterday!!! he usually waits til New Year's week. I think he was very grateful because I worked Christmas Eve til 4:15 pm without complaining and was being cheerful and helpful, not my usual surliness, lol (we had tried to close at 3:00 but customers kept coming) The bonus was generous!! woohoo!!!

This is the first Christmas in years that I feel good about myself, and we don't have any looming financial problems or car problems!!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:21 AM   #62  
Biker Chick!

Hey I think I 'solved' our problem of losing posts, when typing out nice long ones. Periodically, go down to "preview post' and hit that, it seems to refresh and remind the site that yes we are still logged on. I did that for the previous post and it worked
Old 12-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #63  

Merry Christmas all! hope you've all had a good day today
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:29 AM   #64  
full of thanks

And to you too, Coop.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I'm getting up early and heading to the college to see if I can get in for winter classes. I doubt I will, so much red tape, so much paperwork.

Sweet dreams.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 12-26-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 08:31 AM   #65  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Good morning, everyone

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas

Ours was nice. It was different, as we used to spend Christmas Day at my mom's house, but my wife and I had our Christmas in the a.m. and then relaxed most of the day. We also went to visit where we spread my mom's ashes. I cried, but honestly surprised myself and how well I was handling the Holiday.

Back to work this a.m., all is quiet in the office so far (but it's early still.) People won't start arriving for another hour or so. I love my early morning office hours, when it's quiet and I can settle into my morning (instead of hitting the ground running with chaos, LOL!)

I hope everyone has a good day today, with whatever is on the agenda
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:11 PM   #66  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Holly: Great idea to periodically hit "preview post" while typing out a long post! As you said, then the site knows we are still logged on. I will try that. Also might use the quick replies to each person at times, too. I love having options! Glad to hear the rat gave you your Christmas bonus already and that he was very generous! Miracles never cease! I am very happy for you that you are feeling good about yourself and not having financial or car troubles this Christmas. That is awesome! And you look fantastic!!! Wow! Do you even belong in this group?!? (But please never leave!!!)
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #67  
Biker Chick!

aw thanks Kathleen will not leave this group of friends even if I never again have a negative thought or get as skinny as a bean pole

Lisa wow you WERE up early! did you get some progress made with enrolling? hope so!!

JesikaBeth glad you had some quiet office time.

Coop Hi!

and Hi to Monica

Today was not too bad at work, not too many people, we figure though that because Christmas was on Monday, people were traveling today, and we will be hit with them tomorrow. I am voluntarily working on my 2 days off (since I had Christmas off) to make some major $$.

We still have cookies and candy in the house I am proud that husband did throw out the 2 bags of potato chips, oh my that was a sad sight in the garbage can, lol. I will still keep the cookies around in case i need some holiday gifts.

have a good night!
Old 12-26-2017, 07:37 PM   #68  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Holly: Glad to hear the rat gave you your Christmas bonus already and that he was very generous! Miracles never cease!
haha!!! a Christmas miracle
Old 12-26-2017, 10:12 PM   #69  
full of thanks

No, no such luck on college winter quarter. I'm going to try and get help for spring quarter. Not sure if that will work out either. I'm bummed.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:30 PM   #70  
full of thanks

I think I've got the flu.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:07 PM   #71  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
I think I've got the flu.
Oh no try to pamper yourself Lisa! rest, rest and more rest. lots of warm liquids if you can. feel better!
Old 12-28-2017, 12:24 AM   #72  
full of thanks

I feel a bit better, my stomach does anyway.

I'm going to take some ranitidine, it's for acid refux, and see if I can't head this off. It seems to settle my stomach. I'm going to take it next time I feel I'll.

Sweet dreams, ladies
Old 12-28-2017, 06:57 AM   #73  
Biker Chick!

very glad you're feeling a bit better Lisa

holy cow...it's -19 here. That's air temp, not wind chill!! Kept a heat source under the kitchen sink last night and kept the tap dripping a tiny bit. We've had pipes freeze many times and keep trying to locate the trouble spots and insulate.

hope my car starts I usually have Wednesday and Thursdays off but was offered $$$ to work so I"m taking advantage of that.

Since I got some new footgear for work (one pair of booties and a pair of very kewl purple work boots) my feet feel so much better!!! I"m not limping at the end of the day. Worth every penny!!

Hi to everyone and please check in if you can
Old 12-28-2017, 07:02 AM   #74  
Biker Chick!

these are the purple ones, aren't they awesome they are Lugz brand. They were marked down, and then with an online savings code even less!! they are SO comfortable yet heavy duty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lugz-purple-empire.jpg (26.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #75  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Oh no lisaluvshearts, I'm sorry that you are feeling under the weather! I hope it's not the flu! Sickness is going around like crazy in my neck of the woods. Take care!
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote