Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-19-2017, 09:27 AM   #46  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

JesikaBeth thank you for that nice informative post!! WOW you have been through a lot but you sound so positive and confidant!!! we know you will crush the New Year

I just spent over 1 1/2 hours shoveling/snow-throwing heavy wet snow but I am definitely logging it as daily exercise. During that time somehow Eddie the dog got loose!!! and he bolted. I didn't even notice until I put the shovel down to go to a diff. part of the driveway. OMG. our dog does not understand cars or traffic and we have a lake and wilderness on the other side!! i ran inside to get the cardboard box of dog treats then took off on foot , calling and shaking the box. thank goodness, less than 15 mintues and he came running from the area of the lake. I am so grateful!!!!!

the other major thing, is our son emailed that he is spending christmas eve wth the DIL-s family after we had already talked of our tradition together!!! it is heartbreaking that he chooses them over us. I know he is being put in the middle but it still SUCKS that for some reason, OUR family has to pick some random other day to 'celebrate' christmas eve. I am so pissed off and husband is over-the-top pissed..we will deal with it and not create any rifts but goddam it it is not fair.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #47  

It was my OH's grans birthday on Sunday, so we came to visit her. When we got here, we found her lying on the floor. She had fallen on Saturday night and couldn't get up, and to make things worse, she'd switched her boiler off and had no heating.

We spent 2 days in hospital with her, but the level of hypothermia she endured had caused damage to her organs and she passed away this evening. My OH is distraught, all his direct family have now passed.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #48  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
It was my OH's grans birthday on Sunday, so we came to visit her. When we got here, we found her lying on the floor. She had fallen on Saturday night and couldn't get up, and to make things worse, she'd switched her boiler off and had no heating.

We spent 2 days in hospital with her, but the level of hypothermia she endured had caused damage to her organs and she passed away this evening. My OH is distraught, all his direct family have now passed.
Oh Coop how tragic!!!!! I am so very sorry for your OH and you!! 😢 😢 I can't imagine how painful to think of his Gran passing that way. Oh man 😥

Last edited by VermontMom; 12-19-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:40 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post

Oh how awful. I can't even imagine.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #50  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Coop: Oh my gosh, I am SO very sorry about your OH's gran and the way she passed. So terribly sad and tragic. I can't imagine the sadness and grief you both must be feeling right now. Keeping you both in my prayers and sending a big hug!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:22 AM   #51  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Coop I'm sorry for your loss. Sending you big hugs and condolences

VermontMom Thanks. I'm not so sure about the level of positivity and confidence, LOL, but I'm certainly trying. I suppose I do have some optimism about the new year, and a fresh start though
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Coop, please try to take comfort in knowing you were with her at the end- she did not die alone on the floor. My condolences.

Monica
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:43 AM   #53  
full of thanks

Sorry, I lost the password to my other name so I'm on this name.

I'm laying here so sad. I miss Jennifer so much. I wish I had not left her. Big mistake. Huge mistake. I like it here but she's not here. I should have not left Ohio. There is no going back now though. No money and I could never make the drive again. So here I am. Alone on Christmas.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:43 PM   #54  
full of thanks

I'm feeling better today. Just missing jennifer.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #55  
Biker Chick!

Lisa, oh gosh of course you miss your daughter, especially at Christmastime!!! I hope Elvira and your kitty(ies?) give you some furry snuggles to help. We love you and are sorry you are feeling like regretting the move.

Coop how are you managing? and your OH. it is always sad to lose your Gran! and then to have the feeling that you are the last of your lineage. Hugs to you.

Hello to Monica, Kathleen, JesikaBeth

We just got another dump of snow, about 6", more elsewhere, local (Burlington) airport closed, thank goodness DH had shoveled and snow-thrown the driveway before I got home, I was mentally preparing myself to do it but it's so nice to not have to, for one evening. Drive home was fine, like I said I am loving my new-to-me car, the Ford 500, with AWD and great new tires.

have to be at work at 6 a.m. tomorrow, it will be a busy one . we are HOPING that the weather cooperates, and that tomorrow afternoon/evening, that we will get together with our married son and DIL to exchange gifts and celebrate Christmas Eve/Eve; they are the ones that sometimes rip our hearts out with the time they spend with HER family and not ours.

Other than that, things are great Weight and shape wise, I am feeling okay about myself!! I wore a very clingy top today and I had the confidence to feel good in it. My fashion-conscious friend at work could not believe it was from Walmart and under $10.00 ! It disguises my bad points (fat arms) and shows off my good point (flat stomach) win/win.

My husband is still doing great with watching his diet, the pounds are still coming off pretty rapidly for him, at about a 70 lb. loss!! Now the doctor says he has to watch his cholesterol, too. AND he HAS to do some sort of physical activity. Weights, cardio, ANYTHING.

I got a small bonus check from teh summer job people, I'm glad for anything but I sent a thank you note right away.

The RB always waits til the middle of New Year's Week to give us our Christmas bonuses, he usually is very generous (yeah, contradictory to his nature, lol) but the waiting sucks!! we're usually FRAZZLED and beaten to a pulp by then, and with a very bad attitude towards customers by that point

gotta put together a cookie gift box for a dear lady friend and bring it to work tomorrow, I give it to her out of friendship, and don't expect a cent, but she tends to be generous and I like that too
Old 12-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #56  
Biker Chick!

Kinda blurry, my kindle is heavy to hold in one hand!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171222_212011.jpg (20.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 12-23-2017, 02:12 AM   #57  
full of thanks

Holly, you look so great. You're lovely.
I'm also so glad you finally got your money.

Way to go Holly's hubby!!!! Perhaps one day I can say that.0 wooooo

My mood is better today. I've enrolled in the local college and was accepted. Not sure when my classes will begin. Lots of red tape.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:56 AM   #58  

Hi all, thank-you for the well wishes, we're holding up ok. OH keeps saying he's fine, I think he's still in shock though. There is a lot to sort out, but it's very difficult - most places shut for 2 days at Christmas and 2 days at New Year here, so we essentially lose a full week. The funeral is booked for the 8th of Jan, it's the soonest the minister was free.

We are both full of the cold now, but we have 2 weeks off work for Christmas to recover.

Last edited by Coop27; 12-23-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:01 AM   #59  

jessica it's really good to see you posting again, we were getting worried. I'm so sorry for the stress you had to go through - it always likes to come in one go. Weight gain seems inevitable at a time like this, but I'm sure it will go away soon!

Lisa so sorry you are so upset about Jennifer - I will bet this is the only year you feel like this though, because you haven't been in Washington for long enough to feel settled. I hope the college course will help you to meet people and find something you love doing!
Old 12-23-2017, 05:18 AM   #60  

Holly that top is really flattering on you, I can't believe it was less than $10 either! And yay for the Christmas bonus! You could do with a bit of good fortune

sorry to hear your son won't be able to visit you for Christmas. It is always a tough decision about whose family gets the holiday visit, but I hope it will be your turn next year!

Monica I hope everything goes well with the bathroom remodels. We just had our en-suite upgraded, and it's so lovely having everything the way you want it.

Kathleen I hope your rollercoaster is coasting along steadily for now, and you all have a good Christmas.