Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-13-2016, 12:19 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Hi Lisa!! first, yay that you can use your phone to make the contacts needed for your house . That is very encouraging about your furniture possibly being salvageable! Boy, though, speaking of having to gut the kitchen, whew, that is major work. But I hope you can find a contractor who can do the job!

Yay for your drinking water!!! I find that hard to do except in the very warm summer months. So good for you! I know you have spoken of your love of pop ...it's a hard delicious habit to break! I know people say the less you have, the less you'll crave it, hopefully that time will come for you.

I'm so sad you and J. had another fight We KNOW you did not raise a *****! I hope she realizes when she is feeling sharp with words and can stop before regrettable words come out. It hurts us to know you are feeling hurt by that! How are your furry babies?

and oh yes, Coop is going to Rome, right? was that this weekend?

Holly and ladies,

I am kinda frustrated today. It doesn't really look like I've lost any weight and I'm drinking water consistently every day. Maybe, when I'm this big, 5 or 10 pounds really isn't really going to show? I don't know.

What am I supposed to be losing? Is it 1 to 2 pounds per week or 1 to 2 pounds per month? I can't remember.

The pets are doing ok. I think they'll be happy to get back to the house though.

Ohio State won, that always makes me happy.

Nascar is on NBC today, that always makes me happy.

Hopefully, I will hear something from Puroclean tomorrow. They will be the ones gutting the kitchen and cleaning the furniture for me. I want to get this process going.

I have been giving some thought of what I am going to give Jennifer for Christmas. I am going to order her some nose rings, a pair of ear buds and crochet them so they do not tangle ever again. I am also going to buy her some kitchen to utensils that she doesn't have. I would also like to order her a Star Wars or Happy Potter stocking. I think she'd love that.

Ok, I've rambled on enough.

Much love to all.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #32  

Hi ladies,

I am drinking water today, 5 cups. I've been doing that for several weeks.

Going to look up,on Youtube, some sitting exercises. Gotta start somewhere.

Cortisone shots still working very well, on my knees. yay!!!! Moving around more without pain. Need to start exercising, dread it. yuck!!!

Wednesday, I have my last weight loss class. I am sad, I have learned so much in the last 8 weeks. We were give a wonderful 3 ring book filled with tons of information and recipes.
After the first of the year, I am joining the weight loss clinic.. The weight loss clinic is different from my weight loss classes. The clinic offers, blood work, a therapist, a social worker, and we are offered supplements for 8 weeks, to kick start weight loss.

Weighed myself on 2 different scales, says I'm down about 10 pounds but I'm not sure. 2 different scales could be wrong.

How are you all doing? What is going on in your lives?

Much love to all.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 11-14-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:19 PM   #33  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Lisa that is so great, the weight loss clinic sounds awesome, lots of info and support! and yay to you for drinking water and that your knees still feel good. Yes I checked out 'seated workouts' when my knees were hurting.

I should be happy, I got to ride my motorcycle to work today, it was sunny and 44 when I left at 10:30, pitch dark at 6 pm when I left but I was warm enough. Pretty great to ride to work in Mid November.

BUT I am sooo pissed that I had to order a new Kindlefire (Amazon's tablet) I LOVED my previous Kindlefire, I had hundreds of photos from work, my garden; had hundreds of songs that I'd listen to on the way to work...but the internal battery died and it wouldn't hold a charge anymore. So I had to order a new one, it came today and it SUCKS. Its supposed to sync info from my old one, but my photos are GONE, the music is not loading or even giving any message, there is no more Help to contact...I'm so angry and pissed and in such a foul mood. And my husband ate my portion of my dessert today, that I was saving mad:
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:53 PM   #34  
Biker Chick!

I KNOW that i am complaining about such trivial things in comparision to big problems that others have..I am obviously overreacting to the stupid Kindle not doing what its supposed to, and that Amazon makes it impossible to contact them by phone..I just don't want to lose my hundreds of photos of 3 years of gardens, my dog, etc. And I was saving my portion of dessert for when I wanted it, I think someone is a big jerk if they see a treat and just because I didn't want it THEN , they think it's for the taking!!
Old 11-16-2016, 01:00 AM   #35  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello!

Hello Everyone!

Coop: I hope you are enjoying a wonderful holiday in Rome! Please tell us all about it when you return. Sorry to hear that the hypnotherapy ended up not helping your pain. How is the running coming along?

Lisa: Congratulations on losing 10 pounds!!! 2 scales don't lie! Plus you have been drinking your water and less pop, so I'm sure it is "real weight" that you lost. I think it's awesome! Keep up the great work! So proud of you for joining the weight loss clinic for the new year. You are really working hard at this and, especially once you add some exercise in, you WILL begin to notice results! How exciting! I'm so sorry to hear that Jennifer has been mean to you again. It's just not fair and not okay. You don't deserve to be treated poorly like that. I hope your house will be ready for you as soon as possible, so you can have your own place back for you and your pets. Glad you found a company who can do the work for you.

Holly: Sorry to hear you were feeling down when you last posted. I think that neighbor situation is really taking a toll on you. That and the change of season. I'm glad you got your motorcycle back and were able to ride it to work though! And WOW... what got into the r@t b@st@rd?!? Congratulations on your raise!!! That's awesome! We might need to come up with a new name for him now. I think your idea for a new hobby sounds great! Go for it!!!

JesikaBeth: Welcome back! Sorry about your weight gain. You sound very motivated and determined to get the weight back off though, which is great! Wishing you success! How is your mom?

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 11-16-2016 at 01:03 AM.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:26 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 170/168/150

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone, I'm a little new to this site but I thought I'd check out this forum since I've dealt with depression and anxiety since I was in 8th grade. It hasn't been that bad lately, but I usually fluctuate between moods.

Lately, I've been depressed and it's been difficult to find the motivation to exercise even though I know exercising will only help a bad mood. I just moved back in with my parents after graduating college and living on my own for 4 years, so I do think adjusting has been really hard for me. I have a few part time jobs, but still work only 20 hours a week and feel a little discouraged that it's been so hard finding something that uses my ecology degree (every entry-level job seems to require 3+ years of experience...).
I love being independent, having a lot of alone time, and feeling like I'm in control of my life. When I have to buy my own groceries and cook for myself, it also makes me more structured (I generally don't make enough money to afford binges when I'm on my own).

I'm 5'8 and 170, so I'm only looking to lose 10-20lbs, but I also want to quit smoking, which has been really hard because of my mood

I'm going to read through the more recent posts so I can get to know you all when I get home from work, but I thought I would introduce myself and say hello
Helianthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #37  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helianthus View Post
Hello everyone, I'm a little new to this site but I thought I'd check out this forum since I've dealt with depression and anxiety since I was in 8th grade. It hasn't been that bad lately, but I usually fluctuate between moods.

Lately, I've been depressed and it's been difficult to find the motivation to exercise even though I know exercising will only help a bad mood. I just moved back in with my parents after graduating college and living on my own for 4 years, so I do think adjusting has been really hard for me. I have a few part time jobs, but still work only 20 hours a week and feel a little discouraged that it's been so hard finding something that uses my ecology degree (every entry-level job seems to require 3+ years of experience...).
I love being independent, having a lot of alone time, and feeling like I'm in control of my life. When I have to buy my own groceries and cook for myself, it also makes me more structured (I generally don't make enough money to afford binges when I'm on my own).

I'm 5'8 and 170, so I'm only looking to lose 10-20lbs, but I also want to quit smoking, which has been really hard because of my mood

I'm going to read through the more recent posts so I can get to know you all when I get home from work, but I thought I would introduce myself and say hello
Hello and Helianthus! (Sunflower!! ) it is always great to have new people here! first congrats on graduating college and a kewl degree, I hope you are able to find something in your specialty soon. I am sure the change from being on your own, to having to live with your parents for a bit, would shake you up and make you down. sorry to hear that! You are right, IF you can FORCE yourself to do some kind of exercise it can only help you. Any kind of movement is good! And I can give you crap about smoking if you like you know reformed smokers are the worst, haha! anyway and look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:50 PM   #38  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Hello Everyone!
Holly: Sorry to hear you were feeling down when you last posted. I think that neighbor situation is really taking a toll on you. That and the change of season. I'm glad you got your motorcycle back and were able to ride it to work though! And WOW... what got into the r@t b@st@rd?!? Congratulations on your raise!!! That's awesome! We might need to come up with a new name for him now. I think your idea for a new hobby sounds great! Go for it!!!
you are so right on my friend...and I know Coop is right that my brain will eventually get used to the change (the LOOMING monstrosity lol) and I just have to remember that even though I feel so down some days, it does pass and I feel good again. And the other night I was really so frustrated about the new tablet problems, especially about my hundreds of photos gone. Well I got on the phone with Amazon Customer Service, and SEVENTY MINUTES LATER, finally it's all straightened out and I have my photos and music on my new device.

How are YOU, Kathleen??
Old 11-16-2016, 04:54 PM   #39  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
[B]

Weighed myself on 2 different scales, says I'm down about 10 pounds but I'm not sure. 2 different scales could be wrong.

How are you all doing? What is going on in your lives?

Much love to all.
I am sorry I didn't comment on this before, CONGRATULATIONS on being down 10 pounds Lisa!! !!
Old 11-17-2016, 10:34 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

Hi all just popped in to say Hello...

Last edited by snapple; 11-17-2016 at 10:34 AM.
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 170/168/150

Height: 5'8

Lisa- I'm not sure if you have a pool available, but my mom has knee issues and swims a lot. I never could get into lap swimming, but maybe you should give it a try if there's a pool at a gym nearby? And congrats on the 10 lbs!! That's amazing!!
Helianthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 170/163/140

Height: 5'3

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have struggled with depression for many years but have been doing really well for a long time even though my struggles to lose weight get me down.

However I'm about to make a big move to another country, we are currently selling all of our belongings preparing to move. I am getting scared now because it's starting to feel real. I'm hoping that my life in this new place will be healthier, I will walk more and have less access to junk and fast food. But I might need a lot of support to avoid falling into depression again in these new surroundings.

I started alternate day fasting last week, tomorrow will be my fourth fasting day. It's going really well so far but I'm worried about Thanksgiving and have been thinking stupid negative thoughts, comparing myself to trimmer women I will spend time with over the holidays.

Thanks for reading.
abbeyrd84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 09:03 AM   #43  
Biker Chick!

Abbeyrd84 please do come here often to let us know how you are doing!you are about to do a huge life change and of course it's scary. hope to get to know you better

hi snapple!

Hi Lisa, Kathleen, Coop, Monica, JesikaBeth, Helianthus!

I am getting ready for work, today is my Monday but I had 2 good days off. Renewed my driver's license for 4 years, with the motorcycle endorsement and the Federal star, it was $63!!

Have finished my first batch of meringue mushrooms, will post a pic tonight i hope

Have been doing a workout most days..yay!!! I'm just going for improved strength, mobility, endurance, haven't reigned in my eating so far
Old 11-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
Hi all just popped in to say Hello...

(((((snapple)))))

So wonderful to you, we have missed you so much. Please post again, soon.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helianthus View Post
Lisa- I'm not sure if you have a pool available, but my mom has knee issues and swims a lot. I never could get into lap swimming, but maybe you should give it a try if there's a pool at a gym nearby? And congrats on the 10 lbs!! That's amazing!!

I despise gyms. I'll start exercising at home, I'll do better that way. I have some momentum going. This weekend would be a great time for me to start. I'll be here alone.

Thanks for your post.