Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-04-2016, 12:11 PM   #1  
full of thanks

Default September Ups & Downs Thread

Please post if you suffer from a mental health issue/s and it affects your journey to weight loss. Even if you have no mental health issues, we still welcome you with open arms. This thread is about support and being able to vent and feel better.

We have many wonderful posters so please join us.

Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #2  
full of thanks

Hi ladies,

I almost forgot to start a new thread.

I caught my kitchen on fire yesterday. Of course, it was an accident but I feel awful. The kitchen, the smoke, I got lost running in the house, I fell down and lost my glasses, finally found the door. I had never seen black smoke in my life. It's ******* scary. Also one of my cats is missing. I feel like crap.

I've been back in the house a couple of times, it stinks to high heavens. The smoke smell is so bad, Elvira wouldn't go in it.

I at Jennifer's right now. I think I'm going to check with the Red Cross and see if they could help me find somewhere to live. I don't want to impose on Jennifer.

This was in the local newspaper.

Quote:
A city woman was injured in a structure fire at her 132 Richard Avenue residence Thursday afternoon around 5:30.

The Bellefontaine Fire Department reports that Elizabeth Conley came home and discovered the fire.

She went inside and suffered smoke inhalation.

Conley was transported to Mary Rutan Hospital.

Assistant Chief Dwayne Dow said the fire started in the kitchen.

The blaze caused about $25,000 worth of damage.

There was smoke damage throughout the two-story home.

The fire displaced Conley.

The cause remains under investigation.

Fire crews were on scene for about 90 minutes.

All off-duty personnel were called in.
Sorry to start the month out posting this but well, it is just what it is.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 09-04-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:57 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

OH my gosh Lisa I'm so sorry to hear this!!! how awful!! I hope so much the Red Cross can help with temporary housing. But oh my gosh how scary for you to be in it!! I hope so much your other kitty turns up, cats are smart and will hide somewhere safe. Oh gosh much love to you!!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:10 AM   #4  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Lisa!

Lisa: I am so very sorry about the fire in your home! How awful!!! I am so thankful that you are okay! I, too, hope that the Red Cross will be able to help you with housing. Please keep us posted. Also, sorry I forgot to start the new September thread. I am so darn forgetful. Thank you for starting it, especially with all that you have going on. Just curious: Where did your mother live? If in Ohio, would it be an option to live in her house until you make your big move... or at least until her estate is settled and/or her house is sold? I hope your other cat shows up soon! Again, so relieved that you & Elvira are both safe after the fire! I am hoping that Lily is safe, too. Big hugs to you, Lisa!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Thank God you are okay. Were you in the hospital long, or just to be checked out? I agree that Lily will probably show up. The idea of moving into your mother's house, if it is close, is a good one. Hopefully the fire inspectors, insurance adjustors, etc. will work quickly, and the construction can start. Best of luck, hope and prayers to you.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #6  

Lisa, I am so sorry about your fire! What a rotten thing to happen! What a good thing you found the fire before it caused too much damage though, although I'm sorry you were injured inside, that must have been terrifying.

With you hoping to move soon, it will be frustrating that you will have to weigh up whether to replace things in the interim. I hope it all gets resolved quickly, and hope there is a way you can stay in your mom's.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:08 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning, have to visit here because I'm so worried about Lisa! such a scary thing to happen. and yeah what a pain to deal with! Thinking of you!!

I tell you, nothing like a tragedy that happens to someone you know to make you appreciate how good things really are in your life! that's me. I always have something to complain about but its all petty compared to what matters.

saying HI to everyone else!

I haven't started working out yet (rolling eyes at self) but I still must have some fitness because each week I do the 2+ hours of weedwhacking then an hour of mowing, hauling junk around, never sore afterward. But I have lost some muscle tone so do need to start soon!!

gotta get ready for work. Have to layer up because its 51 and foggy but will be mid 80s and sun later. I've had fantastic weather for the motorcycle this summer, have been commuting over 1100 miles a month on my bike!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #8  
full of thanks

Hi ladies,

Holly, thank you for caring so much. I am trying to not get overwhelmed. Today, I'm expecting some phone calls, I'm going to have to go to the house today too.

I am sick. I have caught a terrible cold. I feel like crap.

Coop, no I can't stay at my mom's house. My sister is still there. I won't live with her, she's not very nice.

Monica, no, I can't move into my mother's house. I'm at Jennifer's house right now.

Kathleen, I just called the Red Cross so we'll see if they can help me.

I'll post again later. My Mac is almost dead right now.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Lisa, you will get through this. At this point I am sure it is overwhelming, but step by step, you will get through it. You are a strong person. Check to see if your home insurance policy covers a hotel room for the time you are displaced. The policy should also cover having all your clothing cleaned at a dry cleaner that specializes in smoke damage. Best of luck - I think I speak for the rest of us when I say you are in our thoughts - please let us know how you are doing, and feel free to vent.

Monica
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hello Everyone I'm back (and gratefully so!)

Had a bit of a family emergency over the last month... looks like things are (hopefully) calming down a bit

I'm also awfully sick with a sinus infection and bronchitis, and have been for about a week and a half. Unfortunately I'm at work LOL

On the plus side, I've broken my plateau of being stuck in the 230's (I was in the 230's for 4 months) and weighed in at 225 lbs at the doctor's office - WhooHoo

How is everyone doing?

JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #11  

Lisa, I hope your visit to your house went ok. Have they worked out what caused the fire? Fingers crossed for the Red Cross being able to help out.

Jessica, how is your mom doing I her new residence?

We have been away for a wedding at the weekend, a really nice day/weekend, but I am feeling very isolated by my pain condition. I wasn't able to enjoy the weekend as others were. I've decided to try hypnotherapy to see if it might help though, so hopeful it will be effective.

Of course after eating like a pig all weekend, I went back to work to be told I had to go for a medical - I got a stern telling off about my weight, which is extra high this week because of all the weekend-away food. I really need to focus my efforts again, except I'll have another piggie day tomorrow - tomorrow is a freebie, as it's my birthday.

Last edited by Coop27; 09-07-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:08 PM   #12  
I can do it!!!

Talking Happy Birthday, Coop!

Coop: I hope you have a wonderful day!!! I also hope the hypnotherapy helps with your pain condition. I applaud you for giving it a try!
Old 09-07-2016, 11:28 PM   #13  
I can do it!!!

Red face Lisa

Lisa: You have been in my thoughts and prayers so often! So sorry to hear that you are feeling so lousy physically on top of everything else. My daughter and hubby have nasty colds and feel like crap, too. Monica had some good suggestions about checking to see what your homeowner's insurance policy covers regarding the fire. I hope it might be able to help out with a hotel room or some temporary housing and also with cleaning your clothing for smoke damage, as Monica mentioned. You might as well take advantage of everything it has to offer! Could someone at your insurance company help you to sort out what, if anything, is covered in terms of temporary housing options? Good that you contacted the Red Cross, too. I just want you to get all of the help you need and deserve at a tragic time like this. I sure wish your sister wasn't so mean so that you could live at your mom's house, at least for awhile, and so that she could help you through this difficult time. Thank God Jennifer is there for you! Please hang in there, Lisa, and take one day and one step at a time. Things WILL get better! They have to!
Old 09-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #14  
I can do it!!!

Smile JesikaBeth

JesikaBeth: I'm sorry that you have been so sick for so long! I sure hope you feel much better soon! But... WOW... a huge CONGRATULATIONS on breaking through your 230's plateau!!! That must feel wonderful! Keep up the great work!
Old 09-07-2016, 11:36 PM   #15  
I can do it!!!

Smile Monica & Holly

Monica & Holly: Just wanted to wave HELLO and wish both of you well! It's always a pleasure to hear from both of you!