Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-08-2016, 09:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Jessica, how is your mom doing I her new residence?
Hi! Thanks for asking My mom was in the hospital and ICU for 4 weeks and subsequent 1.5 weeks of inpatient rehabilitation. She was discharged this past Saturday. She is ok, I suppose. She is feeling very anxious, somewhat depressed, and overwhelmed, but hanging in there...
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #17  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
JesikaBeth: I'm sorry that you have been so sick for so long! I sure hope you feel much better soon! But... WOW... a huge CONGRATULATIONS on breaking through your 230's plateau!!! That must feel wonderful! Keep up the great work!
Hi!!! Thanks, yea I'm over it, LOL I'm now on breathing treatments with a nebulizer, have an inhaler, on antibiotics and Mucinex (and cough drops, and ibuprofen...) Kinda bummed because this weekend is out annual beach house trip and I'm sick for it. But we are still going. And THANKS for the congrats on breaking through the 230's plateau. I'm at about 100 pounds lost mark, and thrilled. This gal will be going shopping for some new clothes soon
Old 09-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #18  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
Hi ladies,

I almost forgot to start a new thread.

I caught my kitchen on fire yesterday. Of course, it was an accident but I feel awful. The kitchen, the smoke, I got lost running in the house, I fell down and lost my glasses, finally found the door. I had never seen black smoke in my life. It's ******* scary. Also one of my cats is missing. I feel like crap.

I've been back in the house a couple of times, it stinks to high heavens. The smoke smell is so bad, Elvira wouldn't go in it.

I at Jennifer's right now. I think I'm going to check with the Red Cross and see if they could help me find somewhere to live. I don't want to impose on Jennifer.

Wow hun, major hugs! Sounds like a lot going on right now. Just wanted to give you support and hope things come together sooner rather than later
Old 09-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #19  

Arrow

I just wanted to say I hope everyone has a great day and upcoming weekend. I'll be back on Monday
Old 09-08-2016, 04:36 PM   #20  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
Lisa, you will get through this. At this point I am sure it is overwhelming, but step by step, you will get through it. You are a strong person. Check to see if your home insurance policy covers a hotel room for the time you are displaced. The policy should also cover having all your clothing cleaned at a dry cleaner that specializes in smoke damage. Best of luck - I think I speak for the rest of us when I say you are in our thoughts - please let us know how you are doing, and feel free to vent.

Monica
Thanks Monica. Yeah, unfortunately I didn't have great insurance on my house. It will get fixed but to what extent, I'm not sure. I am probably going to have to take some of my money for appliances. Not only is the kitchen that needs fixed, the living room smells. It's going to have to be cleaned.

I was informed yesterday, that my couch can't be cleaned. It's cloth-material and the smoke won't come out.

I'll be all right in time.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #21  
full of thanks

Quote:
Lisa, I hope your visit to your house went ok. Have they worked out what caused the fire? Fingers crossed for the Red Cross being able to help out.

Jessica, how is your mom doing I her new residence?

We have been away for a wedding at the weekend, a really nice day/weekend, but I am feeling very isolated by my pain condition. I wasn't able to enjoy the weekend as others were. I've decided to try hypnotherapy to see if it might help though, so hopeful it will be effective.

Of course after eating like a pig all weekend, I went back to work to be told I had to go for a medical - I got a stern telling off about my weight, which is extra high this week because of all the weekend-away food. I really need to focus my efforts again, except I'll have another piggie day tomorrow - tomorrow is a freebie, as it's my birthday.
HI Coop, yeah I went to the house yesterday with the Red Cross. They helped me out with a little money and gave me some pointers on places I can go for more help.

I started the fire by accident, left a pan on the stove and forgot it was there. Idiot. I then left the house taking Elvira with me. I'm so glad of that, she would have been dead when I got back.

I'm staying with my daughter. Elvira and Lily are here with me. Leo Bug is missing. I'm worried sick about him, he's been gone a week now.

Did you have a birthday? Sorry I missed it.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 09-08-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #22  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Lisa: You have been in my thoughts and prayers so often! So sorry to hear that you are feeling so lousy physically on top of everything else. My daughter and hubby have nasty colds and feel like crap, too. Monica had some good suggestions about checking to see what your homeowner's insurance policy covers regarding the fire. I hope it might be able to help out with a hotel room or some temporary housing and also with cleaning your clothing for smoke damage, as Monica mentioned. You might as well take advantage of everything it has to offer! Could someone at your insurance company help you to sort out what, if anything, is covered in terms of temporary housing options? Good that you contacted the Red Cross, too. I just want you to get all of the help you need and deserve at a tragic time like this. I sure wish your sister wasn't so mean so that you could live at your mom's house, at least for awhile, and so that she could help you through this difficult time. Thank God Jennifer is there for you! Please hang in there, Lisa, and take one day and one step at a time. Things WILL get better! They have to!
Thanks, Kathleen. We just went to the house again looking for Buggy. We still can't find him.

I didn't have very good insurance on the house so we'll see how much help I'll get.

I'll hang in there, Kathleen, I promise.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:01 PM   #23  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Wow hun, major hugs! Sounds like a lot going on right now. Just wanted to give you support and hope things come together sooner rather than later
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:06 PM   #24  

So I sort of started something new: juicing. Now when I went to the gym I notice I'm 2 lbs heavier! Never again.
Ijustcant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 230/217/170

Height: 5'7

Hi everybody *wave*. My name's Anita. I've been a lurker on 3FC for a few months, and have always been impressed by the camaraderie and support here. I have a new September resolution to start dealing with it - the anxiousness, the weight, the issues - between now and December. Part of that includes the goal to stop lurking and become a more active participant on a few threads. So, hello, and good wishes to all.
Anitanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #26  

Default Strength to everyone today

Morning everyone. Felt a little down this morning because I missed the morning swim time. In the past week my daughter's been climbing out of her crib and waking me up in the middle of the night. Since its been hard to lose the weight after her birth, my heart sank and I thought, "I'll never get to sleep and my weight will continue to balloon up. The day's ruined."

But then I saw that someone welcomed me to the forums, I read several inspirational threads, and made some breakfast to regulate my blood sugar. Still stressed about finding a different exercise today, but glad I didn't eat the donut.

Wishing strength to everyone who had a hard morning today.

Last edited by Anitanita; 09-10-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #27  

Hi Anitanita, welcome to the thread! How old is your daughter? I wonder if you could find an app to suggest some daily exercises for you to do?

Lisa, I hope your cat shows up! Cats are quite funny, when they get spooked, they'll run a mile and hide for weeks. I'm sure she's just waiting for signs it's safe again.

It was my birthday on Thursday, but I have to say, it's left me a little blue. My whole family, except for my sister, forgot. It wasn't a special birthday or anything, but still just one of those moments you think 'well mum wouldn't have forgotten'. This was the second birthday without her, and it's true that seconds feel a bit sadder.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #28  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi friends!! first, to anitanita, oh gosh I remember trying to eat better and work out when my boys were small, and it is so difficult, I wish you all success and glad you found us, and glad that the forum cheered you up when you needed it

Lisa - has Buggy turned up yet?? I am hoping SO much that he does..and I am soooo glad you had Elvira with you that day!! but I'm also mad that your sister makes it impossible for you to stay at your mom's house , grrrr. Sending you love and strength, girl!

Coop - it brought tears to my eyes when you said 'mum wouldn't have forgotten'..right now too You're right, she wouldn't have forgotten and it is sucky that the rest of the family forgot. But please feel your mum's love even now, and forever.

JesikaBeth, wow you have lost 100 pounds??? that is freakin amazing hope your bronchitis is better?

Kathleen HI how are you managing with your son? and how is YOUR health??

Monica - HEY you, guess what, I worked out this morning I've been thinking of you. Years past, I had people telling me I was their inspiration for fitness, pfft to that now! Now YOU are my inspiration. I did a Shelly Dose youtube workout, I like her. Wish me luck in sticking to it!

It is a fact that I can't workout when it's too warm and humid, this morning was beautifully cool so that helped seal the deal.

On the last day of the August thread, I typed something out that was hard for me to admit, but I think maybe seeing it in print helped me come to grips with it. I also have to come to grips to the "Pick Your Hard" mantra. Being overweight (and unhappy!!) is hard, dieting is hard, exercising is hard, pick your hard I am miserable right now, I will probably be miserable while dieting (because I just feel that I[m depriving myself) but at least I'll be doing something about it. Meh

I have today off, it's my one day of the week and it's beautiful. Cool and sunny. The summer job ends next month, mid-month so I have about 5 weeks left there oh well.

I have been keeping the lawn looking beautiful, I weedwhack for at least 2 hours and sometimes 3 hours once a week, then mow. My petunias in their big planters are looking sooo nice. I harvested my BIG winter squashes, I will try to get pics here. I have to let them 'cure' for at least 10 days before taking them to work and processing them into tons of puree
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #29  

Quote:
Hi Anitanita, welcome to the thread! How old is your daughter? I wonder if you could find an app to suggest some daily exercises for you to do?

Lisa, I hope your cat shows up! Cats are quite funny, when they get spooked, they'll run a mile and hide for weeks. I'm sure she's just waiting for signs it's safe again.

It was my birthday on Thursday, but I have to say, it's left me a little blue. My whole family, except for my sister, forgot. It wasn't a special birthday or anything, but still just one of those moments you think 'well mum wouldn't have forgotten'. This was the second birthday without her, and it's true that seconds feel a bit sadder.
Hi Coop27 - she's a little over 2 1/2, and at the odd little stage of waking us up at about 2am in the morning with the news, 'There are no monsters in my room. There are no robots in my room." It would be cute if it wasn't so darn sleep interrupting.

Happy belated-birthday last Thursday! I'm sorry that your fam didn't recognize your special day - it can be doubly hard when a special day highlights something sad. Sending good thoughts your way today.

And a thank you to both you, and VermontMom, for the warm welcome!

Last edited by Anitanita; 09-12-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #30  
full of thanks

I'm in such pain today, I cried so hard. I don't know how I am going to come to terms with the fact that the fire I started, is the cause of my losing my kitty. He may not come back and he was my baby boy. I am in so much pain, i just want to cry and never stop. I feel so much guilt. I was supposed to protect him and it was my fault he ran off.

I don't know I will ever get over this.