Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-22-2016, 04:54 PM   #61  
full of thanks

Via text I asked Jennifer if she was going to stay with her girlfriend this weekend and she said no. I got suspicious. Looked on Facebook and Jennifer no longer has her girlfriends name on her Facebook page.

I wish she wouldn't hold things in. She is really bad about that.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 07-22-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 197/194.4/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
Kathleen, I am so very sorry about your son. You must be going through ****. I know when Jennifer was sick from depression, I was beside myself, sick from worry. We will do anything for our children. Please, please, please take care of yourself. I'm really worried about you. You mean so much to me and this board. You are so kind.

Honestly, Katheen, I don't know when I am going to be able to leave Bellefontaine. It all depends on when the money from mom's estate is dispersed to us. After it is, I am guessing I can leave within a month. I need to get my house finished and ready to sell. Jennifer said if I gave her power of attorney, she would sell the house and sign all the paperwork for me. That would enable me to move sooner. She's such a good girl.

I am very excited to leave and start over in Kennewick, Wa. I never realized how unhappy I am here. I felt like I was stuck here and that was it for me. Now I realize, with a little luck, I'll be able to have a new life, in a new place.

I am taking classes with Penn Foster, graphic design classes, which is what I've always wanted to do. I'll explain more about them later and fill you all in.

Take care of yourself, Kathleen. We miss you around here.

I know what you mean. This brought a smile to my face. A new place is sometimes the best thing to do for ourselves. I hope I am able to do the same really soon as my spirits are a bit low being in the same place for the last 4 years (I used to bit a bit more nomadic when I had the funds )
letsgetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:55 AM   #63  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey my friends!! I'm SO sorry I haven't checked in. Yes working, both at the summer pastry/baking job and up to 12 hours more a week for the Rat B@stard because I can, they need me, and the money is good.

Coop - I'm so sorry about your OH's dad passing so unexpectedly that is a shock.

Lisa - kudos to you for your big decision for the move, that is huge, but it will be great for you, and wow for your energy and accomplishments on the cleaning out - moving process!! it was sad to read about saying goodbye to the kitties but so glad you have your remaining fur babies

JesikaBeth - very good to see you as a regular here now!! very sorry about your mom's health

Kathleen - our continued love and support to you in dealing with your son!!

EasySpirit - wow yay for your working out so much!!

Hi PinkAlarmClock! glad to have you here

MommyOlly, SO sorry to hear of your devastating loss! we welcome you here.

I have NOT been working out I HAVE been eating whatever I want, and feel pretty disgusted with myself. However, i have been enjoying summer so much, still love the summer job, still love my motorcycle, and today our younger son is getting married!!! it's an outside event and the weather is going to be 50% chance of thunderstorms with wind and maybe hail but we will make the best of it.

I hope to promise to get back to being regular here!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #64  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Coop: I'm so very sorry about your OH's dad's death. Keeping you close in thought and prayer during this difficult time. Hope your OH will be able to get some of his grief out with time. Take good care of each other!

MommyOlly: to the group! So glad you posted. I am so very sorry for your sudden and painful loss. You must be devastated. No mother should ever have to go through that pain. It is very understandable that you would want to eat to stuff and numb the grief. Do you ever write about your feelings and the experience in a journal? Or do you have a therapist or pastor you could talk with about your loss? It seems like such a huge thing to go through alone. I really feel for you. I lost one of my twins 14 hours after birth and that was hard enough on me. I couldn't imagine losing a child after having several months of bonding. Please be patient with yourself and take good care. You will get through this difficult time. We are here to help you in any way that we can and to lend our listening ears.

JesikaBeth: I hope your mom will pull through this okay and soon. Please keep us posted on her surgery and progress.

EasySpirit: Way to go with your hour-long workouts!!! It is great to hear from you! I would kill for a size 8 or 10 right now!!! It's all a matter of perspective. You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Holly: It is good to hear from you, too! So awesome that your son is getting married today! I sure hope your weather has held out for the big event. Regardless, I hope he has a beautiful day to remember for the rest of his life!

Lisa: Hang in there! You will be on your way to Washington before you know it! I sure hope Jennifer is okay. Remember, though, that she is a big girl now and can take care of herself. Easier said than done I know all too well from what I'm going through with my son. Love you!

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 07-23-2016 at 07:25 PM.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:30 PM   #65  
full of thanks

HI everyone, hi Kathleen,

Kathleen, I know you're right, Jennifer is a grown young woman. We've always been so close, I raised her mostly on my own. My parents helped me a lot but it's always just been the two of us. Doug had his own life and never really took much interest in her until she got older.

I cried tonight, leaving her is going to be so hard. Even though nothing has changed, I did feel better after crying. Maybe that is a good sign? I don't know.

Thanks for posting to me, Kathleen. Love you too.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:37 PM   #66  
full of thanks

Holly,

I went to see Ruby and Jennifer the other afternoon. Ruby didn't pay much attention to me, she's still my lil peanut. lol It was hard to leave Jennifer there but that is her home now.
I've kinda procrastinated today, I should have done some packing and sorting. I have been giving some thought as to what I am taking.

Letsgetaway, welcome to the thread. We are so happy you are here.

Anyway, have a great night, friends.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 07-23-2016 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:48 PM   #67  
full of thanks

I wanted to show you all something,

Depending on how much money I get from mom's estate, I am going to give Jennifer my car. Again, if I have enough money, I am going to buy a Honda Element. I also want a manual (stick shift). This is what they look like.

Here is an older Element.

Here's an 08 Element.

I kinda like the older one. Just wanted to show you what I am looking at. We'll see what my money situation is.

Have a great night.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

Kathleen, how is your son doing? How have things been at home? How is your daughter?

I came to the realization that my scale was once again doing me in. If it showed I lost a pound or two, I celebrated by eating. If it showed a gain, I consoled myself by eating. Rather than throw it out, as I have done to others in the past, I stored it in my garage. I decided to go by an old pair of shorts - the only truly "skinny" thing I still own. I will weigh myself when I can get them up past my thighs! Meanwhile, I am trying very hard to eat clean, and I am exercising a minimum of an hour a day. That usually includes 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill at an incline, a few machines and a water aerobics class at the Y. I am definitely losing inches - not so sure about pounds. But, more importantly, I feel great - depression is at a zero, and I find myself happy, enjoying life.

WEIRD - the shorts I cannot squeeze into are an OLD size 8; smaller by about four inches on the waist from my new size 8s ! ! ! I guess clothing manufacturers have changed their size dimensions due to the general weight gain! No wonder they now have a Size ZERO!!! It is probably the old size 5.

Holly, so happy to hear from you! How was your son's wedding? Did the storms hold off for you? We had crazy storms, but not until later last night. It sounds like you are having a great summer. I have been spending a lot of time at the beach in this hot weather- swimming and reading.

Lisa, have you put your house on the market? Is your mother's home on the market? Who is in charge of her estate? My siblings and I sold our parents house in 11 days! (which made me wonder if it was priced too low.) I sold my condo in Boston in six weeks.

Hello to everyone else.

Monica (aka - EasySpirit)

Last edited by EasySpirit; 07-24-2016 at 07:18 AM.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 204/185.5/168

Height: 5'10.5

Smile Newbie dooby do

Hi all!

I'm new to this thread, trying to lose 17.5 pounds, which I'm only just realising I have put on since my last weight loss as I've actually been battling with some pretty bad anxiety and depression, and turned to eating as a way of dealing with my emotions.

I feel very tentative about losing this weight. I keep trying and failing and then using that failure as an example of why I'm not good enough etc...the same viscious cycle!

Anyway - here's to trying. Wish me luck!

L
lisbeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:38 PM   #70  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post

JesikaBeth - very good to see you as a regular here now!! very sorry about your mom's health
Thank you, and I'm glad to be a regular here
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #71  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
JesikaBeth: I hope your mom will pull through this okay and soon. Please keep us posted on her surgery and progress.
Thank you, I will. She was DC from the hospital, and has to go back within the next 2 weeks for her next surgery. I'm still having a hard time with all of this, not only worrying but we do not have a good relationship. It's just all very messy
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:37 PM   #72  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
Good morning!

Kathleen, how is your son doing? How have things been at home? How is your daughter?

I came to the realization that my scale was once again doing me in. If it showed I lost a pound or two, I celebrated by eating. If it showed a gain, I consoled myself by eating. Rather than throw it out, as I have done to others in the past, I stored it in my garage. I decided to go by an old pair of shorts - the only truly "skinny" thing I still own. I will weigh myself when I can get them up past my thighs! Meanwhile, I am trying very hard to eat clean, and I am exercising a minimum of an hour a day. That usually includes 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill at an incline, a few machines and a water aerobics class at the Y. I am definitely losing inches - not so sure about pounds. But, more importantly, I feel great - depression is at a zero, and I find myself happy, enjoying life.

WEIRD - the shorts I cannot squeeze into are an OLD size 8; smaller by about four inches on the waist from my new size 8s ! ! ! I guess clothing manufacturers have changed their size dimensions due to the general weight gain! No wonder they now have a Size ZERO!!! It is probably the old size 5.

Holly, so happy to hear from you! How was your son's wedding? Did the storms hold off for you? We had crazy storms, but not until later last night. It sounds like you are having a great summer. I have been spending a lot of time at the beach in this hot weather- swimming and reading.

Lisa, have you put your house on the market? Is your mother's home on the market? Who is in charge of her estate? My siblings and I sold our parents house in 11 days! (which made me wonder if it was priced too low.) I sold my condo in Boston in six weeks.

Hello to everyone else.

Monica (aka - EasySpirit)
Hi Monica, it's great to see you posting.

No, my house won't be ready to go on the market for a couple of months. I've got a ton of cleaning to do. I'm not the best housekeeper plus I have a lot to go through.

Next month, I'm going to rent a storage unit and start moving things into it for keeping. That way I can get things out of my way and start making progress on getting things out of my house. Right now, I am deciding what I am throwing out, giving to Jennifer, putting in storage, or taking with me.

My mother's house isn't on the market yet either. The estate is still in probate. I hope when we can finally put in on the market, it will sell fast like your parents house.

I am so happy that you are thriving, Monica. You sound happy and that makes me happy. I think when you are in a happy frame of mind, it makes losing inches and weight much much easier.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 07-26-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:03 PM   #73  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisbeth1 View Post
Hi all!

I'm new to this thread, trying to lose 17.5 pounds, which I'm only just realising I have put on since my last weight loss as I've actually been battling with some pretty bad anxiety and depression, and turned to eating as a way of dealing with my emotions.

I feel very tentative about losing this weight. I keep trying and failing and then using that failure as an example of why I'm not good enough etc...the same viscious cycle!

Anyway - here's to trying. Wish me luck!

L
lisbeth, it is really hard to lose weight when your state of mind is bad. My state of mind is usually pretty good, except getting frustrated some days, and I am struggling with my eating. Just know you can come here anytime and vent, we're here for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Thank you, I will. She was DC from the hospital, and has to go back within the next 2 weeks for her next surgery. I'm still having a hard time with all of this, not only worrying but we do not have a good relationship. It's just all very messy

JesikaBeth, I am so sorry about your mother and the fact that your relationship with her is tricky. I lost my mom back in March. I am doing ok, miss her but she was just so weak. Even with all the great Dr's and nurses help, it was her time to rest. The whole death thing though, I will never get used to it.

Like I told lisbeth, please come here to vent when you need us. We are always here for you.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:33 PM   #74  
full of thanks

HI ladies,

I'm frustrated today. I wish my mom's estate was going faster. I don't mean to sound selfish. It's just hard.

I hope you all had a good day today.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #75  

Hi all,

I have been checking in daily for your updates, but I've been a bit too drained to respond.

We held the funeral for my OH's dad yesterday, we're holding a memorial next week as well. Funerals take a lot out of you.

My family came along for support, which was very good of them. My OH's aunt took the (inappropriate) opportunity to suggest my OH and I should get married so they can meet again soon, and yearning for us to pop out a couple of kids. Her pressure just makes me feel the burden of my health problems all the more - I can't have kids until I get my pain condition under control, but how are you meant to tell them that?

Sorry for the rant. I have lost my primary ranting buddy (OH) as he has his own problems to deal with right now!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote