Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-17-2016, 02:36 PM   #46  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
LISA: So it sounds as if you have definitely decided to move! Yippee for you!!! I know you have some reservations and logistics to work out with your mom's estate and her house, but I really think this will be a positive change for you. That would be great if your friend could travel out there with you. I hope that works out! Do you have any idea of when you might move? I was also pleasantly surprised to read that you are taking a class again. Good for you! What school? I admire you for always having the courage to pick yourself up and try again. You are a strong woman, Lisa! I hope you know that.

Kathleen, I am so very sorry about your son. You must be going through ****. I know when Jennifer was sick from depression, I was beside myself, sick from worry. We will do anything for our children. Please, please, please take care of yourself. I'm really worried about you. You mean so much to me and this board. You are so kind.

Honestly, Katheen, I don't know when I am going to be able to leave Bellefontaine. It all depends on when the money from mom's estate is dispersed to us. After it is, I am guessing I can leave within a month. I need to get my house finished and ready to sell. Jennifer said if I gave her power of attorney, she would sell the house and sign all the paperwork for me. That would enable me to move sooner. She's such a good girl.

I am very excited to leave and start over in Kennewick, Wa. I never realized how unhappy I am here. I felt like I was stuck here and that was it for me. Now I realize, with a little luck, I'll be able to have a new life, in a new place.

I am taking classes with Penn Foster, graphic design classes, which is what I've always wanted to do. I'll explain more about them later and fill you all in.

Take care of yourself, Kathleen. We miss you around here.

Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:43 PM   #47  
full of thanks

Quote:
IBelieveInMe2;5270853]Has anyone heard from Holly (Vermont Mom) or Monica (EasySpirit)? I just read through all of the July posts and didn't see any posts from either of them. Hope all is well!

No, Kathleen, EasySpirit hasn't been here in ages and I think Holly is busy working. She posted a couple of weeks ago, I hope she comes back.

I'm watching tv tonight. I'll stay up a bit longer and then call it a night. I have an appt in the morning at 8 am.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:34 PM   #48  
full of thanks

Hey all,

My therapist appt went well this morning. I talked her ear off.
She said when the time was right, she would help me find mental health care in Washington, before I move. She agreed that I seemed happier now that I had made the decision to leave Bellefontaine. It was a good session.

I am going to go through more stuff tonight.

Jennifer is sending me pictures of Ruby and Felix. I wish I had the gas money to go see them

I fell, well almost fell this morning. When I have the money, I need to put some grip stuff on the steps of my front deck. I slipped badly this morning. I didn't hit the ground but I am all bruised up.

I am filling out papers for the Kennewick Housing Authority. They are going to put me on the wait list.

That's all from here, have a great Monday evening.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #49  

Lisa, good your therapist will help you out. Hope your bruises fade fast.

It feels like the last 48 hours have lasted weeks. I have managed to delay starting my new job for a few days, which is very good of them. Having to get someone to call in to feed our rabbits, as I'm staying with my OH at his dad's. I'm so worried about them being on their own so much. Poor things won't understand why we're not there. I hope to get a night at home tomorrow, so I will fuss all over them.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:34 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning,

Kathleen, I am so sorry to hear that your son has not yet come to the realization that he needs meds - he will. It is not easy for people to accept that; I know from family members (that I have told you about.) And, there is also an issue when the meds are working, and they suddenly decide that they are feeling great and don't need them! I have seen that, too! Is your son living at home while you are at your beach house? I am sure your anxiety level must be on high; keep praying - it will enforce your strength.

I have not posted since July 2, and as usual, I posted in the June thread by mistake. I manage to do that at the beginning of most months. I have been very busy with extended family and friends - I always invite people to the Cape in the summer.

Coop, I am sorry to hear about the OH's father's death. Does he have a large family?

I flew to New York for the weekend to watch a couple of Red Sox games at Yankee Stadium with a few friends, and we toured the 9-11 Museum. It affected me more than I thought it would - it is very powerful; extremely moving. I casually knew three people who were killed on the first plane. Having worked in Boston for 35 years, it is actually surprising that I only knew three. Some people in my firm knew dozens.

My appetite has been out of control - too many parties, way too much sugar(my downfall that triggers my appetite.) I am exercising daily for at least an hour a day which helps both my mood and my health. I am somehow back into size 8 and 10s, and I have not felt anxious or depressed in months. Like people on meds, I need to remind myself that I am feeling this good because of the exercise, and I cannot stop it. I need to stop the sugar. I tell myself this every single morning, yet the longest I seem to last is a day or two.

Holly, I thought of you when I went to a brunch in NYC on Sunday morning at the hotel we stayed at - the pastry selection was absolutely beautiful - over the top! They looked as if you had baked them all.

Hello to everyone else.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:25 AM   #51  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone, sorry I have been MIA. It's been really a challenge over my way. My mom's heading into her 2nd heart surgery, and not doing well. I'm stressed and my wife is sick and now I'm getting sick. Sigh. I'm at work now. I wanted to pop in and say hello. I'll be back soon

Have a great day!!!

JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:15 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 269/244/259

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone, I hope you don't mind if I jump in here. This has been a very hard year, but I am making some positive changes.

My seven month old daughter passed away from SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) in May, and in April I broke my right ankle and have been unable to walk or drive. It has been very hard, but I only have two weeks until I can start walking. I think a whole new stage of grief will start at that point.

Anyway, today is hard. I live in Washington, and the weather is very gloomy where I am right now. I'm at home watching my toddler all day, and am just itching to get out and honestly
go buy a bunch of junk food. So strange how grief feels like it can be sedated with enough food, though I know that's not the case.
MommyOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:19 PM   #53  

MommyOlly - welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear of you loss, I can't imagine how painful it must be for you.

I don't know what it is with food and grief, but I can sympathise with how difficult it can be to break the habit. You will get there.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #54  

We have been busy sorting through all sorts of paperwork and plans today. I'm pretty tired.

My OH says he feels surprisingly fine. He is holding together quite well, no breakdown, very little in the way of external grief. I'm very worried about this - I think he can't be processing it properly, or he's just putting on a really brave face, like he thinks we need him to be strong for us. I don't know, it feels like it will spill out in a bad way if he doesn't deal with it. Don't know what to do.

To answer Monica, he isn't from a big family. He is an only child, and his mum died 12 years ago. He has 2 aunts and some cousins, but other than that, it's just his gran (dad's mum). I worry a lot about her - she is 86, and losing a son at her age makes me dread she might follow soon. His aunt takes good care of him, and he is close to his cousins, but I imagine he must feel quite isolated now. I've been going with him to meet the undertaker and deal with things. His gran has excused herself, understandably, because I think it would be too much for her.

Anyway, it will get done, we just have to keep going.

Last edited by Coop27; 07-19-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:45 AM   #55  

Arrow

Hi Everyone

Sorry I have kinda been MIA. My mom is in the hospital and not doing well
So yea, life has been crazy. I'm stressed and overwhelmed and the scale isn't budging

I hope everyone is alright! Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Have a good day
Old 07-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #56  

Jessica, I hope your mom is getting a little better. Has she had her op yet?

Not much update from me, we're in that limbo period before the funeral. Gradually getting through all the paperwork.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #57  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post

Not much update from me, we're in that limbo period before the funeral. Gradually getting through all the paperwork.
Hi, thanks. There's been some complications, but they are discharging her today and she has to return in 1 week to be admitted for her heart surgery
Old 07-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #58  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post

P.S. I think I missed something... funeral?

Hugs
Old 07-21-2016, 04:02 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
P.S. I think I missed something... funeral?

Hugs
My partner's dad died at the weekend. Complications of lung cancer, but his death was very unexpected.

Funeral will be next Wednesday.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:53 AM   #60  
full of thanks

I've had a rough couple of days here. Just thinking about leaving Jennifer makes me so sad. I cried last night. Even though I am so sad, I can't even imagine staying here. I am so unhappy in Ohio.

I missed taking my Lamictal yesterday, that could be why I'm struggling today. Maybe I'll feel a little better tomorrow.

Ladies, I'm so sorry you are both going through extremely difficulties.

I'll try to post again when I feel better.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 07-22-2016 at 01:13 PM.