Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-16-2016, 05:20 PM   #46  
full of thanks

Hello friends,

I am so glad to see all of you.

Not much going on here, just some relaxing and watching The Playoffs on tv. Right now the Pats are playing the Chiefs.

I love days like this.

Jennifer is gone for the weekend, she'll be back Monday night after work. She seems to be doing well after her depression. The meds seem to be doing their job for her. It's wonderful to see her smiling and enjoying her life, instead of crying in fear. I am so thankful to God for helping heal her. I love that girl more than life itself.

Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #47  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
Hello,

Holly, you look absolutely wonderful in those photos. And, I agree with Kathleen, you look the same size as your friend.

I found a bag of Hershey kisses that I had bought to make peanut butter blossom cookies and forgot about - needless to say, I ate half the bag in a wild chocolate frenzy and then unwrapped the other half and put them in the garbage disposal. So, I went back to no sugar the next day - - this is really tough. I have not lost one pound since giving up sugar - I have replaced it with popcorn, nachos, chips, etc. I really need to get back on track, but my hunger has really gotten hold of me. I never feel satisfied because I am not ending a meal with something sweet. I am going to keep at this a few more weeks, and if it is not working at all, I will try to add a small amount of dark chocolate for dessert or after dinner snack. I was losing weight when I was eating a small amount of chocolate, then I went on a two month binge after Halloween when I bought 80 large chocolate bars, and for the first time since I have been here, did not have one trick-or-treater.
Love the garbage disposal!

Try making homemade pita chips. You don't have to feel as "guilty" with them - pair it up with some homemade salsa and mmmmmm! (posting instructions below for everyone)

Head to the store and purchase wheat pitas (or whole grain, whatever you can find). Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with Pam or non-stick spray. Cut the pitas into squares, circles, pizza slice shapes, etc. (but make sure both layers are on the shape - don't tear the pita into 2 separate layers). Arrange them on the sheet. Grab some light oil and use a pastry brush to brush a bit of oil on - just enough so the toppings stick. Now, add a little salt and garlic powder on top. Bake at 350F until crispy (about 7ish minutes, but may be longer).

I haven't made them since last year, but now I'm kind of in the mood to LOL

Last edited by ap14; 01-16-2016 at 07:32 PM.
ap14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:03 AM   #48  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Like Kathleen (Howdy Kathleen! =grin=) I'm excited about all the new people but a little overwhelmed, and thus having trouble keeping track of who everyone is.

I sure am frustrated with my 60s so far. I was really looking forward to my 60th birthday in February of last year, but by the time it came along, my legs were collapsing beneath me and I was falling down all over the place. But I didn't yet realize I was having spasms from serotonin toxicity. And since then...jeez, I try to be brave and hopeful, but being disabled and in so much pain, I often feel sorry for myself and break down in tears.

And Mike (my instructor/healer in Chinese medicine) is really pushing for me to be able to stand up longer and learn more Qi ("chee") Gung moves that you do standing up. And my legs are complaining about it, quite a lot. I have nothing to take for the pain—just acetaminophen, which does exactly nothing.

Friday was a bummer because Grace (my great niece and art student) had not yet told me whether she was coming over or not, so I had to keep checking my email all morning. When she finally did get in touch, it was to say that her parents had scheduled an orthodontics app't and then a music lesson for Friday afternoon & evening. Oh well...it really does make me feel like the lowest priority in her schedule...yet another reason to feel sorry for myself, I'm afraid.

But today I forged ahead with regaining my life as an artist—yay! I made a collage inspired by David Bowie's "Rebel Rebel" (click on image for larger version) and did all the hard work to scan it, go over it in graphics software, and upload it to three different places. When I finished all that, I was totally exhausted and hurting from my hips down to my feet on both sides, but it felt good all the same to have put up that little tribute to an artist I've admired ever since the early 1970s.

And Grace has Monday off from school, so (crossing fingers) we may be able to have some hours together that day...

Best wishes to all...I'm just too bushed to do personals this time 'round.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:57 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning
I would really like to join this talk/vent.
I lost 7lbs before Christmas and have gained back 6.I cant seem to get my stress eating under control.
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #50  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merowi2 View Post
Good morning
I would really like to join this talk/vent.
I lost 7lbs before Christmas and have gained back 6.I cant seem to get my stress eating under control.

Stress eating is the worst kind of eating IMO (along with eating when you're bored). Do you have any ways to de-stress so you're less likely to go and eat?
Old 01-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #51  
full of thanks

Hi Fi, Hi Kathleen, Hi ap, Hi merowi, Hi EasySpirit, Hello everyone,

I know I've missed some and I'm really sorry.

I am down tonight, I wish I didn't have to go back to work in the morning. I dread it actually. My client is taxing and I don't have the patience for it. He's called me like 10+ times this weekend and I've ignored his calls. He has other people that take care of him over the weekends. I just needed time away from him and his constant calling does not help.

I am watching the the Broncos/Steelers playoff game right now.

I wish I was in a better mood. Maybe after a good nights sleep, I'll feel better.

I need to do laundry tonight, throw some clothes in the washer for tomorrow.

There really isn't much else to report. Have a great Sunday night.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

I can relate to the Monday dread lisa. I'm pretty happy at my current job, but Mondays are still hard for me quite a lot of the time. Transitioning is tough. Facing a week of responsibility stretching out in front is tough. I just try to focus on getting home tomorrow evening and planning something nice (even a small thing, like a bubble bath) to look forward to.
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #53  
full of thanks

Bookmark,

I enjoy my job too, I really do. I even like my client but as I said, he is needy emotionally. This weekend was bad. I hope if I get a good nights sleep, I will feel stronger and more patient tomorrow.

I am getting tired, it is 9:38 pm. I will probably be in bed by 10ish.

Welcome to the board, we are so glad to have you here with us. This thread is a great way to feel apart of something. It's a great place to vent or simply tell us about your day. We all have similar problems so it almost makes us feel like family.

Have a great night, much love to all.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:40 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Thank you very much for the welcome. I hope your client isn't too demanding tomorrow. I work with difficult kids and know how draining it can be to be constantly coaching yourself to be calm and patient and understanding when you're getting a lot of demands or conflict coming at you. At least mine can't get at me during the weekend!
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #55  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
Hi Fi, Hi Kathleen, Hi ap, Hi merowi, Hi EasySpirit, Hello everyone,

I know I've missed some and I'm really sorry.

I am down tonight, I wish I didn't have to go back to work in the morning. I dread it actually. My client is taxing and I don't have the patience for it. He's called me like 10+ times this weekend and I've ignored his calls. He has other people that take care of him over the weekends. I just needed time away from him and his constant calling does not help.

I am watching the the Broncos/Steelers playoff game right now.

I wish I was in a better mood. Maybe after a good nights sleep, I'll feel better.

I need to do laundry tonight, throw some clothes in the washer for tomorrow.

There really isn't much else to report. Have a great Sunday night.

Hi Lisa!

I hope you're feeling better this morning. That Steelers/Broncos game was awful to me...I'm a Steelers fan I turned it off by the 4th quarter because I couldn't watch anymore. At least the Penguins won yesterday afternoon!
Old 01-18-2016, 12:12 PM   #56  
full of thanks

Hey friends,

ap, I am a Broncos fan, sorry. I didn't watch the entire game. I knew if the Broncos lost, I didn't want to watch it. I watched movies and tv shows instead.

Bookmark, today wasn't too bad. My client was still needy but I was patient. Now I have the rest of the day to myself, which is so nice.

Jennifer will be home tonight.

Not much else going on here. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #57  
rockin' my 60s!

I'm happy to report that Grace—my 15-yr-old great niece, mentee & art student—was able to come over this morning and spend about six hours talking & making collages with me, and playing with our adolescent oriental cats. Oscar and Grace have a special relationship: as soon as she meets him, she scoops him up high in her arms and caresses him all over. We let the cats into my collage studio, where they both enjoyed knocking over the waste basket and the recycle container, looking for cat toys...and finding them, of course. Grace made two collages, and I made one. She always works faster than I do.

And then Oscar did something funny, after Bob left with Grace to drive her home. He ran around every room of the house, crying loudly. I was sitting on the bed in our bedroom, and Oscar jumped up in front of me, staring into my face with wide, distressed eyes. Then he looked carefully in all corners of the room, continuing to cry out as if he had lost something. By then it was manifestly obvious what the problem was: Grace was no longer in the house, and Oscar wanted her back. =smile= It was so sweet...I tried to make it up to him with cuddles and kisses, plus I threw one of the paper balls he'd found in my studio trash can, for him to bat around the hallway and bring back to me for "fetch," his favorite game.

For those of you who are so kind as to enjoy seeing my collages: today's piece is titled wegman and more. (Click on the image for a larger version.) I sure wish I could show you Grace's collages, too. Maybe some day...

Last edited by Fiona W; 01-18-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:38 AM   #58  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hello!

Fi: It is wonderful to hear from you again! I almost forgot about your oriental cats. Oscar and Nenu, right? What a sweet story about Oscar looking all over for Grace after she left. I did feel a bit sad for him, but it sounds like you went overboard to spoil him..... as it should be! How is Nenu? How old are they now? It is great that you are able to get back into making collages. And I love hearing your stories about Grace's visits. She is so blessed to have you in her life! I wondered if you were still able to practice Qi Gong. It seems like it would be helpful if you are able to do it. I know it always helped you before. Can't tell you how happy I am that you are back among us!

Lisa: Wishing you patience for your needy client. That must be draining, both emotionally and physically. Glad Jennifer was home with you Monday night. (It is 1:20am Monday evening/Tuesday morning as I type this. I am a night owl tonight. ) It is always so nice to see a post from you and read your updates!

Bookmark and merowi2: and to the group! So happy to have you both here.

Bookmark: It sounds like you are isolated in your "remote location." That must contribute to your depression and anxiety. ??? I hope this group will help you to feel a little more connected to the outside world. We are here for you and cheering you on!

EasySpirit: Sorry to make you worry when I am not around! Not my intention, I promise! I often think of the members in this group, especially the "regulars," even when I am not posting..... and I always wish everyone well. Giving up sugar must be so difficult, especially when you aren't seeing results on the scale. Sorry you are having a hard time with it lately. Sending you a big dose of ! Maybe that will help! Please keep us posted on how things go in the days to come.

As for me, I had to take my son back to college at the University of Dayton tonight. I am a bummed Mom right now. He was home for nearly a month and I already miss him! It was wonderful to spend lots of time with him over his break, though! I will cherish the memories until I see him again. Not much else to report. And now I need to hit the sack! Good night!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #59  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post
I'm happy to report that Grace—my 15-yr-old great niece, mentee & art student—was able to come over this morning and spend about six hours talking & making collages with me, and playing with our adolescent oriental cats. Oscar and Grace have a special relationship: as soon as she meets him, she scoops him up high in her arms and caresses him all over. We let the cats into my collage studio, where they both enjoyed knocking over the waste basket and the recycle container, looking for cat toys...and finding them, of course. Grace made two collages, and I made one. She always works faster than I do.

And then Oscar did something funny, after Bob left with Grace to drive her home. He ran around every room of the house, crying loudly. I was sitting on the bed in our bedroom, and Oscar jumped up in front of me, staring into my face with wide, distressed eyes. Then he looked carefully in all corners of the room, continuing to cry out as if he had lost something. By then it was manifestly obvious what the problem was: Grace was no longer in the house, and Oscar wanted her back. =smile= It was so sweet...I tried to make it up to him with cuddles and kisses, plus I threw one of the paper balls he'd found in my studio trash can, for him to bat around the hallway and bring back to me for "fetch," his favorite game.

For those of you who are so kind as to enjoy seeing my collages: today's piece is titled wegman and more. (Click on the image for a larger version.) I sure wish I could show you Grace's collages, too. Maybe some day...
Awesome collage!
Old 01-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #60  
rockin' my 60s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap14 View Post
Awesome collage!
Thanks, ap14!