Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #91  
full of thanks

Bonnie, I'm so glad you are having a great day!!! That is great news.

I slept pretty much all afternoon. I called in work. Actually, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to work at the nursing home until I get this pain situation worked out. I also have a cold, which is why I slept all afternoon. I go tomorrow for blood work, they want to take a lot at why I have so much pain in my joints.

I'm sorry to be so negative today but I'm down. This crap stinks.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:55 AM   #92  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Suffering with depression and anxiety. I feel like I have it under control but I lack support and I do wonder how much it affects my weight ( hormones, argh).
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #93  
full of thanks

noshoes, you can get some support here. My weight is high, I have lost a few pounds but it is still high. We are all in the same boat, noshoes. You are not alone. Welcome to the thread, we are thrilled to have you here!!!!!!

Everyone, I went and had blood work today. The Dr wants to see how much inflammation in my blood. I am so sore, my joints are aching. Between this and my tennis elbow, I'm a mess. lol Actually, I am really down. This happens when I get sick, I get down. It happens every time.

I'm going to go for now. I'll check back.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #94  

Sorry you'renot feeling well Lisa, it's a bad time for colds! Hopefully the blood shows something.

We have adopted a second rabbit who moves in on Saturday. Looking forward to having a friend for our current rabbit, and something to look forward to for us too! It seems perverse to take on another dependent just now, but our bunny needs company if we can't be home as much, so it is a stress now to avoid a stress later.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #95  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

first a Hi and to bonnie and noshoes! it is always nice to have 'new' people here The support here is wonderful.

Lisa, I am so sorry you caught a cold..and the tendonitis and the painful joints!! I hope your doctor can diagnose and give you some relief. I hope you are semi-comfortable and warm tonight and enjoying your beautiful bright tree

Socialworkmama, congrats on the kitties, that is so great that you adopted them!! I bet they will play havoc with wrapped gifts under the tree and climb up the tree Hang in there with being almost done with this semester!

Coop, our very best hopes and wishes to the patient for a longer than expected, comfortable time here and congrats on the second bunny!

Bonnie, I agree, sometimes we have to MAKE ourselves get out of the house and it is helpful.

Hi Kathleen!

I went to a nice consignment shop last week to try to find some jeans I pored over every single pair in the size 12 range and found nothing. I hate jeans shopping!! so i have to continue to wear my current ones which do not fit right, I feel awful in them. I am trying hard though to look on the positive sides of things.

I did get a shorter haircut which is really a big change for me but I like it.

Lisa, I love having things lit up too!! I have like every lamp on in the house once I get home and I love my mini white lights that I have in a couple windows.

I procrastinated on ordering my Wellbutrin and the shipping confirmation today says it will arrive between 12/17 and Jan. 1 I hope I make it.

Our motorcycle organization is going to help a local veterans' halfway house as much as we can for Christmas. We're going to present them with a check for $500, as many useable household items we can bring, plus I'm going to make alot of cookies to give them. We're doing this on the 16th. It does make you feel good to do things for others.

well I thought I was going to do a batch of cookies tonight but I just want to get ready for bed and watch a movie in bed on my Kindlefire I hope everyone has a good evening
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:27 PM   #96  
full of thanks

Hi Coop, I am so happy for you. Congrats on getting a new rabbit. I love animals so I understand. I bet you are excited to get it. Thank you for the support about my joints bothering me. The test came back negative. There is no inflammation in my joints. I will just have to suck it up.

Holly, It is so good to see you. It always brings a smile to my face to see you post. My cold is much better today, just still have a little cough left. My test came back ok, no inflammation shown in my test. My elbow is still bothering me though. I still need to get my band for the tennis elbow. Congrats on the new hair cut!!!!! Can you go to Wal-Mart and get your self a new pair of jeans? That is where I get mine.

I wonder where everyone else is?

See you all tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #97  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello! Lisa, I'm glad there is no inflammation showing in your blood tests but I bet that doesn't make your elbow feel better, right? Hope the band helps.

Yeah, Walmart, I just need to wait til I get a day off, the closest one is 40 minutes away. Hey I remember when you got your white jeans in summer, a couple years ago, and I wanted to find some too

Hi to everyone else!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #98  

Lisa, I am glad your tests came back ok. I hope you feel better!

Coop, congrats on your new bunny!

Holly, it is wonderful your motorcycle group is helping out veterans!

Noshoes, hoping you are feeling better!

Feeling hopeful. It is sunny today that always seems to make me feel better.

Wishing all a wonderful day!
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #99  

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to check in with everyone!!! I did it, everything is turned in and I am done with my semester! I still have clients that I am wrapping up sessions with this week and next but as far as school work I am done with everything! I am hoping I can use this time off to refresh and reset my mind set and get back into healthy eating and exercise. Sometimes time off does that for me and other times too much idle time on my hands can feed my anxiety and depression. I think the key for me will be trying to stay busy and productive, easier said than done though for sure.

I hope that everyone has a good week this week!! We have all our Christmas decorations up and lights outside but don't have our tree yet, I think we will get it this weekend! It will be interesting to see how the kittens do with the tree.

Bonnie and noshoes, welcome to the group!!! This is such a wonderful and supportive group of ladies, I know you will love it here!

Lisa, hope you are feeling okay, I am sorry that you have been feeling down and in pain lately. Thinking about you!

Holly, I hear you about the jeans shopping, I hate it! I will be honest I have put it off. I have gained weight this fall and none of my jeans fit but I just keep wearing my other pants because I don’t want to have to go and get bigger sizes of jeans. I hope your Wellbutrin comes soon! What a cool thing that your organization is doing for veterans! I agree it does feel amazing to give back and do things for others. I think that is the true spirit of the holiday season!

Coop, aw congrats on your new bunny! I love rabbits!!

Last edited by SocialWorkMama; 12-08-2015 at 03:20 PM.
SocialWorkMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #100  

Vermontmom - nothing worse than jeans shopping. How come sizes are never the same between different places too?! You'll find something, I'm sure.

Lisa, I have a chronic pain condition (it doesn't severely restrict my life, but it does make certain things impossible) - it is always frustrating when tests show nothing, but you know there is something wrong. If things don't improve, keep pestering.

Socialworkmama - congrats for making it to the end of the term!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:35 PM   #101  

Hi, hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:32 PM   #102  
full of thanks

Holly, Wal-Mart carries their brand, I forget what it's called, but it's great. The material is great, it's soft and washes wonderfully. I get 24 regular. I used to get 22 regular. I need to go back and get another pair. That would give me 2 pair of jeans plus numerous scrubs I can wear. My scrub pants are so comfortable. I have plenty of regular shirts to wear, just not many jeans.

SocialWorkMama, Thank you so much for thinking of me. You are so sweet. It is hard for me to keep my chin up when I am in pain. I am doing ok though. The only way I can feel better is to lose some weight, I guess. I really don't have a choice. If I may ask, are you a student or a teacher, SWM?

Coop, I know I have arthritis, it's just not rheumatoid. I have had x-rays done before and they have shown arthritis in my knees. I know that if I could lose some weight, it would help the pain that I feel when I go up and down stairs.

Bonnie, you are keeping the thread moving, thank you so much. I haven't felt much like it lately and I appreciate you doing that. Coop too, all you girls have been keeping the thread moving and it's awesome to see it have so much life.

Tonight I made Chicken & Noodles for Jennifer. She loves it. Yes, she is 22 and capable of making her own supper but she likes it when I cook for her. lol

I'll check back in tomorrow. Much love to all.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #103  

Height: 5'5"

Lisa, so glad you are feeling a bit better! To answer your question, I am a student I am getting my masters in social work so I am also interning as a counselor, which is why I have clients! Once I graduate in May I plan to be a counselor, I really love the one on one work with clients, it is very gratifying.
SocialWorkMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #104  

Lisa, I don't know how you keep the thread rolling along so well either!

The OH's dad started radiotherapy today, so we finally feel we are doing something. His prognosis has been increased to 2-3 years, but still quite hard to come to terms with. We just bought our first house, but it's 1 hours drive to my OH's dad's, and I think my OH wants to move closer. Not sure what to do yet, but I don't like not knowing and not being able to plan ahead.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #105  
full of thanks

SocialWorkMama, my daughter is a drug and alcohol counselor. She is a Social Work Major who graduated last May. I am so proud of her, she is smarter than a whip. She finds being a drug and alcohol therapist hard, most of her clients don't want to be there and she says that is hard.

Coop, this thread is a great outlet for me. I love you ladies, too and want to hear what is going on with each and everyone of you. I am so sorry about your family's difficulties.

I am struggling today. I'm not sure I am getting paid tomorrow. I think I might have messed up my paperwork and if I did, I won't get paid. If not, I'm screwed. I'm so tired of being poor. I sat down and cried today. It's been a rough day.