Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #1  
full of thanks

Default Ups & Downs Support Group Aug 2015

Hello friends and welcome to August.

I had to start a new account incase you were wondering about my name change but I am still Lisa_C, just with a new name and a new post count.

We welcome anyone in this thread, so please if you are lurking join us. We are a great group. We are here to lend support to you, always, so please vent away!!!!! and again, Welcome.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 08-02-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for starting the thread Lisa. I wrote to you on the July thread.

EasySpirit
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:16 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Lisaluvshearts and EasySpirit!!

I am OK. Just feeling down with the fact that summer is slipping away and we haven't done anything but work, eat, watch tv and sleep. I do love my job and I love commuting on my motorcycle but husband's job is getting him down (justifiably) and it affects our life so much. I am doing the 'is this all there is before dying?' thoughts.

Sorry to be a debby downer.

thanks Lisa for keeping the group going.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:10 PM   #4  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
Thanks for starting the thread Lisa. I wrote to you on the July thread.

EasySpirit

Hi hon, I just went back and read your post.

I hope your family issues calm down for good and that it helps you feel better. You deserve more good days than bad.

VM, hey sweetie, good to see you!!!! Don't get to down about summer going so quickly, we still have time for you to enjoy the great weather. Fall is my favorite time of year, btw. Warm days mixed with chilly evenings. I love it.

Not a good day yesterday, it was awful. I thought I was going to have a breakdown. It was just so bad, anxiety through the roof and my depression won. I have been having more bad days than good, lately. I have had to go in twice for emergency therapy. I pray that I get my life in better order, I am going to try.

I haven't been eating lately, my stomach is all kinds of messed up. Maybe I can shed a few pounds? I certainly could use it.

Much love to all. Write back when you can.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:03 AM   #5  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile I am finally back!!!

Lisa: THANK YOU SO MUCH for keeping the group going in my absence and for starting the new threads for July and August!!!

Hello Everyone! I am SO VERY SORRY that I was AWOL for so long. It is such a long and twisted story that it will take awhile to tell. I just want you to know that I am still here and working on weight loss. I have lost about 40 pounds and I am finding it difficult to get off of this plateau now. I would like to lose 40 more pounds eventually. My life is crazier than ever and falling apart like never before. Yet, in the midst of it all, I am stronger than ever thanks to that 6 month coaching program I did to end emotional eating..... and thanks to God and my strong faith!!! ALL the glory goes to Him, though, not me!!! I need to try somehow to catch up with you who are still posting. If you get a minute, it would really help me if each of you could post a quick little summary of your past 2+ months. You don't HAVE to if not enough time or energy. But I do care about each one of you and would love to catch up with your lives. I need to run for now. But I will check back in ASAP and work to get reaquainted with the group! Hugs to all of my friends!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:53 PM   #6  
full of thanks

Kathleen,

There really isn't much to tell about the last couple of months. I am back working as a Home Health Aide. I am still working 2 jobs, as usual. Things are really tough here financially. I got behind on my house and car. I am trying somethings that might help me but we'll see.

My anxiety is through the roof, I am so sick. I have been seeing a therapist in an emergency situation, I had to go in twice last week. Today, I saw my regular therapist and it helps a little, just a little. That is how wound up I am.

That is about it here, I know it's not good news but it is what it is.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:58 PM   #7  
full of thanks

Hello friends,

I am feeling better today. I have been brainstorming on my financial problems and have some ideas. I hope I can come up with answers.

I am coloring my hair and I am going out tonight. I need some relaxation.

Jennifer is gone this weekend, again. It's ok, she needs to be with her friends and have some relaxation time too.

Have a good friday night, ladies. *hugs*
Old 08-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #8  
full of thanks

I talked on the phone today with an old friend. I have not talked to her in 11 years, she lives in Wa. State. She has stage 4 cancer. I am so sad. It was great to hear her voice again though.

I spent the morning at Indian Lake watching the boats, pontoons and jet skis. It was so much fun. I need to do that once a week, it brings me peace to be near the water.

Hope you all had a great weekend, it's back to work tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #9  
full of thanks

My depression is back. The plans I had been brainstorming have fallen through. I am probably going to lose my car. I need $300 to hang onto it and I won't have it anytime soon. I am so sad. This is a nightmare for me, I need my car to keep working.

Sorry to dump all this on you, I hate admitting I have a problem. I really don't know what to do anymore.

I wish someone was here to talk to.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #10  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry about your current situation. I lost my job 4 years ago and was just devastated at the thought of losing my house and car. And then my kids, I was so depressed, but I quickly spring into action and was able to pull it together. If you ever need someone to talk to you can send me a private message. I'm working nights all this week to cover for another manager so I'll be up until 3 am all this week. I stay logged in on my cell. Wishing you some peace and comfort.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:14 PM   #11  
full of thanks

lovemylife,

Thank you so much, you are so sweet. It was sink or swim time and I pulled it together to swim. I called my place that has the lien on my car, is that what you call it? Anyway, I called them and made arrangements for my car. I paid a small payment and they might defer my payments for 2 months. I hope it gets ok'd by the higher ups.

i feel better, not so depressed. I still feel a little like a zombie but it is better than the past 2 days.

I am off work tomorrow, I need a day to myself. I am not one who can work all the time.

Sweet dreams, friends.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:44 PM   #12  
full of thanks

Hello wonderful friends,

Where are you? I miss all your posts but I keep this place going. I'm not going to let it die. Plus it gives me a place to vent.

I made some scrumptous chicken & noodles for supper tonight. They turned out pretty good. I'm not really what you would call a cook. It's just noodles, cream of chicken soup, a splash of milk and a can of chicken. Easy peasy as can be.

I am listening to football on tv, the Bengals are on. I wish the Seattle-Denver game was on. I love me some Peyton Manning.

Not much else going on here, it's pretty peaceful. Have a great night.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #13  
full of thanks

Hello friends,

It is an absolutely beautiful day here in Ohio. I have the windows open, it smells so good.

i am watching Jurassic Park, love this movie.

What is everyone up to today? Fun stuff I hope.

I am going to watch the Xfinity race today, football and movies. I am just going to relax. I really need it.

I went to Wal-Mart and picked up prescriptions. I hate going there. I am going to transfer my prescriptions to Rite-Aid. It is easier access than trying to find a parking place at Wal-Mart.

I may go to the lake again tomorrow. I loved it last weekend, so peaceful.

I will check back in later.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #14  
full of thanks

Went to lake today, I hit the beach. It was so peaceful and fun. I swam some and also got some sun.

Football and Nascar are on tv, both my favorites.

Have a great day, ladies.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:08 PM   #15  
full of thanks

I got a little too much sun.

Tried to post a pic. Let me try something else. Nope it won't let me post because I only have 10 posts.

I'm hoping it'll tan out.