Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #1  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Ups & Downs Support Group: May 2015

Hello and to the Ups & Downs Support Group May 2015 thread! We are happy to have you here! Everyone is welcome to join the group as long as you are willing to give and receive support on your weight loss journey. We chose the name Ups & Downs for our group to reflect the MANY ups and downs we all go through in life, during the weight loss journey, and especially when dealing with depression and (for many) on medications that can significantly contribute to weight gain. We are here to support and encourage one another on the difficult "down" days and to celebrate our successes ~ both small and large ~ on the "up" days. So reach out, post your story, and let the healing and weight loss begin! We are all in this together!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks Kathleen for starting the May thread!

we FINALLY have sun today and it is so nice. We are going to a fundraiser this afternoon/evening and we decided to ride instead of the car, to take advantage of the beautiful weather. It's about 35 minutes away. It will squash my hair but I'll try to re-fluff once we get there.

Quick intro for newbies, I'm Holly, 54, mostly controlled depression with Wellbutrin but I hate the winter months and love summer. Terrible self-image problems and I tend to yo-yo diet but I am plugging along.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

Lisa_C, I put your today's post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_C View Post
Hello friends,

I need to watch videos to learn how to use certain things on Photoshop. I have a while to do my projects because I put in for being sick. I have been posting in discussion questions to get my points there but I have project to do before the 24th and a quiz before the 10th. I have tons of homework to do but I am just burnt out. Maybe I'll log in today and work on some.

I can actually breath again too. It feels wonderful. I think my lung infection is pretty much healed.

I don't feel well today. I have a headache and my stomach is upset. Maybe if if could get my stomach to settle, my head would feel better. Edit: I am feeling better this evening. Headache is gone, stomach is better.

Kurt just qualified 17th at Talledega, Alabama Speedway. I was hoping he would qualify better.

Kathleen, I hope you are doing well.
Holly, I hope you have had a chance to take your bike out for some rides.
Fi, I pray you are better, sweetie. I hate to think of you in such pain.
EasySpirit, I hope you are doing well.

Much love to all.
Lisa, i am so glad your lung infection is almost gone! but sorry that you weren't feeling good at the beginning of the day. I hope you're able to do some of your homework so it won't seem so overwhelming. YES I got out on the bike today and it was fan-tastic, thanks!

Oh Lisa! I know nothing about NASCAR, or ARCA, except one of the guys on our (me and my husband's) motorcycle forum is in the biz, he is with the crew of car 48, and I was so scared when I learned of the crash yesterday. But the driver is relatively OK I guess with ankle surgery. I know so little about our member, he doesn't tell us alot and I don't pry, but at least I know he is not the driver, because he is 60, but he is some part of the crew. Maybe even part owner, I don't know! but a nice guy. He got me an autographed glossy pic of James Hylton, which is so kewl
Old 05-10-2015, 03:53 PM   #4  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Mother's Day... I don't ever think much about my mother, because she was abusive to me. Now she's got Alzheimer's and lives in a fancy "memory care" facility in Houston. But I'm in favor of the holiday, for sure, for those with healthy minds and/or for those who left good memories behind them. Bob's family will be getting together today with his mom, who also has Alzheimer's, but is usually pretty with it in the afternoon.

My personal bugaboo is the damn stairs. They're the only place in the house where we left the ugly cream-colored carpeting, and the cats have been enjoying it as a sort of cat tree. It is convenient to have carpet to climb. Speaking of cat trees... Bob did some serious shopping and found one that he thinks would be better than anything he could make himself, so we have it on order.

Every time I try to climb the stairs myself, the first step is so painful, I have to stop the attempt. So the next time Bob & I are up for it, we're going to work together to see what we can come up with in the way of a less painful approach. We've been very careful about our bathroom routine, so I haven't fallen in several days. My bruised & sore legs are recovering, slowly. But I still get spasms from time to time. It feels like a long wait until June 11th, when we see the neurologist again.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Greetings!

I hope this finds you all doing well. I am really struggling with my eating at this time. I can't seem to stop eating comfort foods - mostly ice cream and chocolate. I buy dark chocolate and Turkey Hill fat free no sugar added Dutch Chocolate ice cream, but I consume tremendous amounts of it. I am disgusted with my lack of self-control. I start each day off well, then after dinner, I just don't stop!

My family problems have eased, but I am always on edge waiting for something to happen.

Holly, I am hoping this great weather continues - after the winter we have had, I am hoping for a nice long sunny stretch.

Lisa, I would love to see a graduation picture.

Fi, have you looked into the stair lift chairs? Wouldn't your kitties just love that!

Kathleen, you seem upbeat and I believe attitude is a big part of the journey.

Take care everyone.

Last edited by EasySpirit; 05-11-2015 at 07:15 PM.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:29 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Just popping in to say hello and to give you all a great big its been such a long time since I was last here.

Hugs and kisses to you all <3
Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:05 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

Hey chicks Leenie, Hi and nice to see you!!

Fi, I'm glad you haven't fallen in a while, but boy June 11 is a long time off to wait!

EasySpirit, Hi and I hope your weather has improved, ours finally has. I even had to mow the lawn on Sunday, well at least parts of it (lots of bald winter-kill spots)

Lisa_C, you have been keeping up with keeping in touch with us which is so nice. The graduation pic of Jennifer is fantastic! such a beautiful young lady and congrats to her. I hope also she can get a job near you! you are not selfish for wanting that, just a loving mom!

We've had rain for 2 days which was needed, but anything that keeps me off my bike is grrr I've been back to work since last week now, and I love it yesterday I made 13 chocolate mocha mousse cakes (yeah that's 130 servings!) lemon curd, raspberry sauce, cookies...all our personal temptations

I had worked hard to lose almost 4 pounds in 3 weeks; then one day the scale showed me back up 3 pounds for no good reason I got frustrated and kinda gave up Oh well.

This is the time of year when I start to feel alive again, its too bad I can't feel this good all year.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #8  
on a journey

Hello everyone,

I am here after having 2 crowns and 3 cavities fixed. I just took something for pain. The needles hurt but I was a big girl and didnt say anything. The good side is my teeth are nice, white and fixed. What I have learned......to take better care of my teeth.

I don't know why I didn't change threads???? I'm so dumb.

Welcome back, Leenie!!!!!
Fi, honey, you are still in my prayers. I am so sorry about your legs.
Holly, I am the same way as you. I lost that that 6 pounds and then preceded to gain a bunch of weight for an unknown reason. I give up. I am who I am. Period.
EasySpirit, I will post Jennifer's picture again. Now to your lack of self-esteem. We all have that from time to time so don't be so hard on your self, ok?
Kathleen, how are you feeling and doing? Give us the info, girl. We need to know so we can be here for you.

I am in a new class, it is a coding class. I still need to finish my last class. I got special permission because I was sick to finish my last class. I only have 1 more assignment to finish but it's important that I get the time to do it. I think I'm really going to like coding. It's going to be hard but I think fun. Wish me luck ok?

Jennifer is job hunting. Wish her luck too. She needs a job too, it's very important. I know that deep down she is very worried. She doesn't show it though. Do you like the bikers in the background, Holly????

Last edited by Lisa_C; 05-12-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:22 AM   #9  
Biker Chick!

Hello chicks! I have to check in before I leave for work, and I will be spending the nights at the Club during opening, as I am also working at night in the dining room. I do this every year. My kindle has a hard time connecting to the 'net there so no communication.

Lisa - coding, as in medical coding? kewl!

continued healing vibes (((healing vibes))) to Fi and of course Kathleen!

Hi EasySpirit, i gave up on my diet due to my lack of self control

take care and talk to you sunday!
Old 05-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #10  
on a journey

Hallooooooo.

My mouth is a little sore from the dentist yesterday but my teeth look really good.

Jennifer left to go to her Dad's today, she'll be gone for a few days.

I have homework to do. Yesterday bombed, I don't have a current version of Dreamweaver but the teacher sent me some links from youtube where my Dreamweaver version is used. It'll help me bunches.

Things here have been tough but my moods have been pretty good. I just try to keep my chin up.

Holly, Nooooooooo, not medical coding. It's Web page coding, sorry to confuse you. My major is Web Design and Development.

Love you all!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #11  
on a journey

Hello

I went to crochet last night, it was really fun. My right thumb is bothering me, I know it's arthritis, it's down in the joint connecting to my hand. Man, it hurts. I just took my Meloxicam hoping it would help.

I am working on homework today. It is due tomorrow night but I want to get it done asap. I am having trouble downloading an image to my page. arghhhhhhh

Despite all this, I am having a good Saturday. It is nice to be home.

It is raining today but it cooled it off, a little humid here in Ohio.

Have a wonderful Saturday!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lisa_C; 05-16-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #12  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for keepin" me in your thoughts, y'all. I'm still having cramps in my legs, but not so much as before, and the real good news is that I'm writing this—as always, on my iPad—in bed upstairs. What that means is that I'm finally beginning to have access to my upstairs collage studio—yay! I'll be returning to the Kollage Kit blog as soon as I finish up a trio of smaller postcards (4" x 6") that I owe to some people on swap-bot. So expect some links to new collages, soon!

I'm kind of disgusted with my neurologist, because she hasn't responded to my queries about the results of all the (mostly) painful tests I went through. I don't see her again until June 11th. But that date is so far out because Bob (who manages my rented wheelchair) has to go away for 10 days to California in late May, early June, for the memorial service and ashes-scattering for his oldest sister, followed by the graduation of his niece from UCLA medical school. His sister really wanted to live long enough for that graduation, but she smoked (lung cancer + COPD) herself to death and didn't quite make it. Bob is worried about how I'll do alone in the house while he's gone, so we've been focused on making sure I'll be mobile enough to handle stairs, bathrooms, etc.

As for my diagnosis, I don't know squat, yet. Everyone seems to be out of town, including my psychiatrist. Oh well... In the meantime, I've backed way down from the medications that may have caused this weird kerfuffle. I haven't fallen down in about two weeks—another piece of good news. I still can't walk more than half-a-dozen steps, but I had a good time with Grace yesterday.

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-26-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #13  
on a journey

Greetings,

Fi, that is wonderful that you have had some improvement. yay!!!!!!!!

No church for me today. I have no gas to travel there and back.

I have another headache. I am getting ready to take some meds.

The race sat night was kind of exciting. Kurt didn't win though.

I did not get my homework completely done but turned it in anyway. I made a notation telling him that I tried everything to get that image in. Maybe he can help me but I doubt it. I am so frustrated.

Man, my head really hurts.

Have a great Sunday.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 05-17-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #14  
on a journey

Hello friends,

I was off work today due to my client being sick.

It is a little humid here in Ohio. I picked up the house earlier and was covered in sweat.

I have got to get started on homework for this week. So much to do.

I hope you all are well. Kathleen, Fi, Holly, EasySpirit and everyone else take care.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:12 PM   #15  
on a journey

Hello friends,

Please let's get this thread moving again.

I need to buckle down with my school work, I am behind this week.

Much love to all. I miss hearing from you all.