Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #1  

Angry Struggling on Antidepressents and Antipsychotics

I'm 25, female, and 5'1 weigh 130 lbs.
I have been on antipsychotics and antidepressants for BiPolar for about a year now - 15 mg of Saphris and 300 mg of Lamictal.
I can't seem to get off any desired weight.
I have been on a strict 1200 calorie diet and have been exercising daily - atleast 2 hours of walking or 30 minutes of jogging.
I have been eating only nutrient rich foods (I've researched everything...) I've gained 20 lbs from these medications and so far, I've only lost 3 pounds in a month and my goal weight is to lose the 20 pounds.
I just don't know what to do anymore and I was wondering if anyone has this problem and how they are going about it.
remorsecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

remorsecode

i dont have this or know how it is, i just wanted to wish you the best. They are some great people here, look around the forum, im sure there is a place here where others can relate..
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/170/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm bipolar as well and take Lamictal. I think we can lose the weight still but it's going to take longer for us. We're fighting against medication that is vital for our health so personally I try to cope best I can that I may not lose everything I want to, but celebrate small milestones and try to dress nice and feel good regardless
Honeysuckle11 is offline   Reply With Quote