Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-04-2015, 05:44 PM   #16  
on a journey

Fi, I am so sorry you are so sick. *hug* Get better soon!!!!!!

Kathleen, I did not have time to check on my meds today. I will, maybe, tomorrow. Thanks for your encouragement. *hug*

Lira, post often, we need to get this thread moving again.

Penmage, come clean my car, it's a mess inside.

My classes started today, officially. I logged on to the web site and tomorrow I have to drive to Columbus for my math class. My math class is a blended class and my computer class is online only.

Jennifer went back to school today. I am a little sad. The house seems so quiet.

That's about it for now. Take care everyone and if you are sick, please take care of yourself.

Much love to you all.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #17  

Hello all. New to group. About me: Widowed 56 year old from Maryland. Work full-time outside the house, 45+ hrs. week. I struggle with weight loss. Hoping I can be accountable in a group setting. Writing down everything I eat and staying under 1600 calories per day. Starting weight: 206.8
mdgirllovesfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #18  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back penmage! so nice to hear from you. Sorry your dinner plans didn't work out, did you reschedule? good luck with the hottie! and congrats on doing some decluttering.

Fi, wow sorry you were so sick, and don't blame yourself for going to the ER! Hope you and Bob are better.

Kathleen, is your cough gone yet?? And your coaching sessions start in about a week? I am sorry you are so scared but it is such a good direction!

Lisa, so sorry you lost that medication!! I hope it shows up..or better yet, you don't have any anxiety and don't need it Glad you got a hair trim. Sorry your daughter is back at school. Hope you had a nice time with her !

Hi and to lira!! I'm glad this thread is helping you already

Hi and to bibliophile also!

and hi and to mdgirlovesfood! gosh 56 is way too young to be widowed, I am sorry about that! but welcome to our group.

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-04-2015 at 07:55 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #19  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

sorry I didnt highlight everyone's name, just wanted to make sure I said hi to everyone.

My cold is not as bad as others, I haven't felt like I was hit by a truck, just the usual runny nose and sometimes coughing, and it definitely is worse by the end of the day, and first thing in the morning . But a hot shower really helps.

we are finally at the end of the horrible holiday retail week, we have been stretched to our limits by the relentless crush of customers it wasn't until 3 pm this afternoon that we regained control of the store and that was a good feeling. And I made some good money by working lots of extra hours.

I gave my young (22 yr old) insecure coworker a fun little certificate, praising something she did at work. I knew she would like it, and she really needs an adult to let her know she is valued (her family nor her boyfriend do ) so she was THRILLED at the certificate; and my dopey Rat B@stard boss gets all mopey and says "I never got a certificate" and he swears he was 'just kidding Holly' so to try to embarrass him, I brought in a certificate for HIM today, and he was so thrilled also so funny. Hey if a piece of paper can make someone so happy, that is pretty good.

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-04-2015 at 08:05 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey there! It's been a LONG time since I've been here (September, I think?) but I'm back on the wagon and trying to hang in for the ride.

Last time I checked in I was moving to a new apartment, and working 2 jobs. I worked my last shift at my 2nd job a couple weeks ago, and I'm loving the new apartment.

I'm slowly getting back into putting conscious effort into putting good things in my body, and staying active. I've got a very supportive friend who is really inspirational to me, health-wise who is helping me along the way.

And I need to get back to working on my anxiety and depression, but one thing at a time.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season!
Chelainabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #21  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the new folks, and so nice to see you back, chelainabear!

I made a new collage last night: "paper-thin pantagruel". (As usual, click for a larger version.)

Still coughing like mad, but in good spirits...
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #22  
on a journey

Hello friends,

I am giving math another go round. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, please. I have to pass this math class. It's a must!!!!!

I'm sitting here in the library before class and my hands are shaking. I need to calm down. I'm always nervous before a first class but this is ridiculous. I have had this instructor before and did not care for him. Man, I wish I had a different one.

Welcome to all that are new.

It is quite cold here in Ohio down in the single digits. It is supposed to get REALLY cold on Thursday morning, in the minus single digits.

I start tutoring sessions on Wednesday. I am the one being tutored in math.

I am also working both my jobs this week and I am starting to feel just a bit stressed out, with that and my classes. I know I can do it though, I just need to concentrate.

I wish you all a wonderful Monday and Tuesday. I will be back soon.

Much love to all.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 01-05-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #23  

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to be part such a friendly group. Yes, 56 is young to be widowed. My husband actually passed away 10 years ago, at 46, from renal cancer. My mother, father, brother-in-law and husband all passed away within a short time of each other. Thats when the out of control eating started. 52 lb. Gain in 10 years. I realize I have to get this under control or I'll be next! Today was tough! Bad enough being a Monday but cutting my caloric intake in half was a true challenge. I made it! Well, almost. Four hours until bedtime.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #24  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Welcome!

mdgirllovesfood: to the group! So happy you posted. I, too, am sorry that you became a widow so young. You sure lost a lot of important people in your life in a short time. The weight gain is understandable, but I am glad that you are ready to focus on better health now. We will do our best to support you along the way! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #25  

Talking

Thank you, Ibelieveinme2!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #26  

hi everyone
i'm currently commuting home from work
i had a bad day
i will share the story after i'm back home typing on computer (i'm on mobile now)
i'm just checking in now
talk to you later hope you all have a good day i'll catch up soon
lira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #27  
I can do it!!!

Smile

Chelainabear: Welcome back!!! It is so good to hear from you! Remember that this group is for ups and downs, so please feel free to be here whether you are "on" the wagon or not. We are here to support you in both good times and bad. I think people tend to stay away when they are not doing well with eating and exercise, but sometimes that is when we need the support the most. Regardless, I am happy that you are back! That is great that you are loving your new apartment and that you have a supportive and inspirational friend to help you in your efforts to get healthier. It is so helpful to have even ONE person that supports your efforts. It can make all the difference in your journey. Best of luck to you as you get back in the swing of things!!!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:50 PM   #28  
I can do it!!!

Smile

Lisa: You do have a lot on your plate right now with classes and working two jobs! I hope your tutoring in Math is helpful. That's great that you are doing that. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Just think about how relieved you will be after you pass this Math class!!! I know you will do whatever it takes and you will succeed! Sorry you don't really care for your instructor. That makes it harder, but you can still do it! Remember deep breathing and ONE thing at a time! Sorry you are feeling a lot of stress and anxiety right now. Did you get your clonazapam prescription refilled yet? That might help. Just do your best and try to carve out at least a little time just for YOU whenever possible to relax and rejuvenate! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #29  
I can do it!!!

Smile

Holly: My cough has lingered, but it is so much better now. Thanks for asking. You are so good to remember that my "gold" coaching program starts next Monday. I am really excited, though nervous, and trying to go into it with an open and optimistic mindset. A ton of crazy (bad) stuff has happened within my household recently that has my mind preoccupied, but I am using this week to try to clear my mind and get prepared for some positive changes. I easily get sidetracked, but I really want to give it my best effort to stay focused on the changes I want to make this year and to take positive steps each day to make it happen ONE day at a time. I need to avoid my typical all or nothing thinking and remember that it won't be a perfect process. I will have setbacks, but the main thing is that I keep moving forward. I am also trying my best to prepare my son for being out on his own for the first time next year (in college). YIKES!!! It scares the heck out of me!!! I feel like he is not ready, but ready or not...... that time is coming quickly! My daughter was out sick from school for about 2 and 1/2 weeks before Christmas break, so she is totally overwhelmed and stressed out with making up schoolwork and semester finals, along with the new work they are getting now (and all the crap going on at home). Today, both kids had a snow day off school. 1st one of the year. There is a bunch of friction right now between hubby and me, but I am dealing with it surprisingly well. It is just a BIG distraction. I need to FOCUS on getting HEALTHY in mind and body. Difficult to do with all of the concerns I've mentioned above, but I CAN DO IT!!! I am really hoping that addressing some of the things in this coaching program will also help with clearing the clutter in my home. That is a whole other subject, but I know they are related. Anyway, sorry to ramble! I have to run now. Thanks for your encouragement and support! Hope all is well with you!
Old 01-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #30  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm still congested and coughing, but it's getting better, one day to the next. The kitties are having a growth spurt: we can almost see their legs and spines getting longer. They already, at nearly nine months, stroll around like they own the whole house, even the stuff we've squirreled away in drawers or up on high shelves. They look and move like little wild panthers, but tentatively admit they enjoy belly rubs. Such complex personalitites they have! We really do have two new people living with us.

I'm afraid that taste of the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apple sauce & toast) got me turned on to eating carbohydrates, so the transition back into my modified Adkins routine is a rocky road. I keep craving BRAT, and am indulging in the occasional c-word. =sigh= I don't know how to draw a line in the sand and just quit the carbos cold turkey (except my nightly muesli, of course), but that's what I need to do if I'm going to get back to losing weight. If anything, I feel like I'm slowly gaining.

Maybe having made this confession will help me take the leap (mixed metaphors, you say? and why not?)... Maybe seeing my Qigong instructor on Thursday will help me break out of this phase... Maybe something serendipitous will come my way...

Wishing you all the best...
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote