Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #76  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the encouragement. I have a pretty nasty headache right now, so I don't feel up to personals. I just want to thank you all so much for listening to me and encouraging me. I know this is a difficult time and that losing weight takes times. I know God has a plan for me and I just need to let it unfold.

Some good news is that I have an interview for a social services assistant position on Monday. It's part time. Unsure how many hours or the pay, I'm sure I'll learn all of that on Monday, but I'm excited about it. I got called for the interview only 2 days after it had been posted. I so very want it to work out so I can get out of my current job. It is just so draining and depressing. Children everywhere with parents who are mean and cruel. This job would be working in a nursing home with the elderly and would be a great starting point for my case manager career. If you're religious, please pray that this is the job for me. If you're not religious, positive thoughts for me would be appreciated!

Like I said, major headache today. It's my fault, I went to bed with my hair still wet last night. Gives me a headache every time! ugh!

I think I will go to the gym to weight lift soon. Hubby has a friend coming over tonight that we haven't seen in awhile and we're going to get pizza. Excited, haven't ordered pizza in awhile. That used to scare me food wise, but I'm very much in control of what I eat now, which is rewarding all on its own.
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #77  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh, I'm not doing very well. The problem is not in what I'm eating, which stays the same: it's my mood. I'm taking a three-day weekend (Friday to Sunday) of not doing the BERP... because I had to stop for a while... because I'm suffering from depression pain. I'm so miserable, though, it doesn't feel like a break. I'm hoping this is a short-term thing, that it will be over soon.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #78  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Sabrina: I hope the interview goes fantastic. I'll be thinking of you.

Fiona: I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope the depression lifts and the pain mitigates.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #79  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking Hi there...

Hello! I would just like to say Hello and give to those who need a hug!

I love my new place and my guinea pig, Snickers is feeling much better. I'm enjoying this new phase of my life.

I had a date tonight, it was a lot of fun! I think we hit it off!

have a great evening...
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #80  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

Fione- I'm so sorry about the pain you're going through right now. That is tough. Praying the time off will help. I will keep you in my prayers.

Worththeeffort- Thank you!!! I really appreciate it!

seabiscuit- So glad to hear the date went well and you are settling into your new place!

I'm doing much better now. I guess I was just in a major slump. All of you really helped me get out of it and I'm so thankful. I ordered the book New Rules of Lifting for Women and it should be coming any day now. It has an eating plan as well which I'm really looking forward to checking out. I feel I have been eating well, but I don't think it is geared towards muscle building at all. I don't know much in that regard, so I'm excited about this.

Really getting excited about my interview tomorrow!!!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #81  
rockin' my 60s!

When I finished my morning coffee and realized I was not in depression pain—oh joy!—I immediately decided I should work on the BERP. Bad idea. I worked for an hour and then suddenly hit the wall: I froze up like a catatonic. I was apparently moaning, because Bob came down and rescued me, taking the scissors out of my hand and telling me it was obvious I needed to take the day off.

"But I'm not depressed," I said. "I should work on the BERP."

"You need a break during which you're not depressed," he replied. "It's June! We're not up against the deadline yet."

And so I relaxed, and felt good again, and just sprawled on the couch for over an hour—so happy to be not depressed, and not working on the BERP.

It's a beautiful sunny day. I hope y'all are having a good Sunday!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #82  
on a journey

Hi everyone,

Sabrina, you will get better. I feel it in my bones. Just be patient, take care of yourself, go work out, let things work themselves out. You will be ok. Let yourself shine, just be your beautiful self. Your weight will work itself out. I'm sorry about your headache.

Amy, I am so happy about you and your date. yay!!!!!!

Worththeeffort2, I hope with all my heart that you get that open position. That would be fantastic. It would be so good for you!!!! I will say a prayer.

Fi, how are the kittens? I am glad your last post seems more positive and that you are feeling better.

I am going to spend today watching my Nascar race and studying math. I am going to take my Final on Wednesday. Please keep me in your thoughts.

Much love to all and positive thought for everyone.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #83  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

Ohio- You like NASCAR??? So do I!!!

Who is your favorite driver?
Old 06-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Hello all! Hugs to those not doing so great.

I haven't been around the last few days because I've been working my *** off and finally got a much needed break with some family last night when my shift ended. Saw a Pink Floyd tribute band with my dad, his girlfriend, her friend, and my brother. It was really awesome, even though I was freezing and only semi-conscious for half of it. Then this morning we went to breakfast with my grandpa and my great aunt and uncle and played cards afterwards! It felt good to do something other than work and talk to the boyfriend. Tomorrow I'm back at work for 4 nights in a row. Father's Day rush is over though, thank goodness!

I'm going to learn how to golf soon, sort of.. My friend from work is going to take me to a driving range and he's gonna teach me how to hit a ball. We've never hung out outside of work, so it should be fun and hopefully will open the doors to us being more than just work-friends. He, and the job in general, have been so great for my depression. I'm so thankful that I met someone my own age there who I'm so comfortable with. I've desperately needed a good friend in my life for so long.
Melarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #85  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

hello! sorry I haven't been around. I worked a couple of evening dining room shifts at work, and would spend the night there instead of going home late then driving right back to work early. My Kindlefire is not letting me get a connection while there, so I've been out of touch.

Fi, real sorry you've had some episodes of pain and hit the wall. Hope you're back on track with the BERP.

Lisa, so nice to hear you being so positive for everyone else! glad you had a good math night!

Amy, congrats on the move being over..and cool about the date!

Melarie, it sounds like the co-worker friendship could be a great thing for you, outside of work!

Sabrina, positive thoughts from me to you for the coveted position!!

Worth, also positive thoughts from me to you, for the transfer/promotion!

and Hi to everyone else

I haven't worked out in over a week I just can't seem to get my butt in gear in the morning. Even worse, this past week I think I've been eating everything I've wanted! I was doing so well for over a month and it was showing. Have got to get my head back in the game!

Positives are, the days of recent rain have made my flowers so pretty, along with the liberal use of Miracle-Gro. I cut the grass yesterday so the lawn looks beautifu. lAlso this week is payweek, I get paid every 2 weeks so it's like a celebration every other Thursday

today is my one day off...i WILL workout after I type this, then do laundry, then need to do some Presidential-duty-type stuff, then I really want to get out on my motorcycle but the road construction really puts a damper on it.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

I had my tooth pulled Friday and ended up sleeping most of the afternoon. My diet was good over the weekend as I was limited in what I could eat. I'm hanging in there. Thinking of everyone here. We can do this!
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #87  
rockin' my 60s!

Getting back into the BERP today, sort of doing stuff at random, tossing lots of magazines without clipping them...

My breeder sent me a new picture of one kitten—I don't know which one. She says the two who were slow to wean are now eating eagerly and gaining weight. I'm glad to hear that!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:08 PM   #88  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Red face

Hi there...

Today has been a very long day, I've been up since about 6am. I went to my old apartment and the cleaning crew came, they were excellent. Then, I showed my apartment to a tenant down the hall because he may move in there, he is very nice. After that, I had my first knitting lesson which was a lot of fun but difficult to learn, although I think I finally got the hang of the English knit stitch closer to the end of the lesson. My teacher is very sweet and I enjoy her company.

On the way home riding the train, I thought about W, my date and I just felt that something was off there. We were similar in many ways yet also very different. I called him when I got home and he said that he has some psych issues, his psychiatrist told him that he's not ready for the relationship. I felt sad but relieved in a way too. Then he said something that really took me by surprise, about hospital staff charging him with assault, I was floored. I told him I had to go and I felt very unsettled getting off the phone. I texted him that I couldn't make our next outing together and I blocked his number. It's sad but we weren't meant to be.

Sigh, I am exhausted, I'm going to bed.

Thanks for listening.

Good night.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #89  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Lilturtle: Hope your mouth is healing quickly after having the tooth pulled. Hopefully by now, you are without any pain.

Fiona: It sounds like your cleanup project is picking up steam if you're getting to the point you can toss magazines without going through them individually to clip. That must feel really good.

Amy: I'm sorry that things didn't work out with the gentleman you met but how fortunate for you that you followed your instinct and got all the information you needed to make a decision. Even though it makes you sad, I'm going to say good on you for making a quick decision to avoid a potentially messy situation.

Holly: It sounds like you are having a really busy summer. Hope you're able to get back into the swing of things with your exercise.

Ohio: Thanks for the good wishes.

I've been struggling emotionally since Sunday. I visited my parents on Father's Day and it was a bit stressful. As you know, my mother can be difficult. After thoroughly explaining that I'm buying only what I minimally need for clothes as I drop sizes, in order to save money, she got all over me about the fact that my pants were all baggy and looked terrible. Hello. It's the weekend. I'm not wearing my best fitting work clothes. It didn't matter.

Driving home, I was nearly hit head-on by a black jeep that was out of control and in my lane of the road. I swerved toward the ditch and they swerved away from me at the last second. I managed to pull it out of the ditch without rolling my vehicle and continued on my way home.

I was shaken and, of course, despite trying very hard to head it off, the episode has triggered even more post-traumatic stress symptoms. I'd been experiencing symptoms on Saturday but thought I had it under control. Now, my head is all over the map in terms of thoughts and emotions. I'm trying hard to use all the cognitive behavioral therapy lessons I've learned but I'm feeling myself slide down. I'm hoping if I get to the gym this afternoon, a hard workout will release some brain chemicals that will turn things around for me.

This is day 230 without a binge.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #90  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

Melarie- Glad to hear the rush is over and that you're going on an outing with a work friend. I think it's important to develop friends that are both co-workers and friends outside of work.

Vermont- I hope you're able to get that workout in! I know how it is when you get in a slump and can't seem to get on track. Hope you get some riding time in, but I know that construction is frustrating!

lil turtle- I hope your mouth is doing much better. Getting teeth pulled is no fun at all. When I was in middleschool I had to have several teeth pulled in order to have braces put on.

Fiona- Such a cute kitty cat!!! I bet seeing the kitty is extra motivation for you and the BERP.

seabiscuit- Sorry to hear about how the person you were dating turned out. That's a bit scary. I think it is a blessing that he was open with you about it. I once had a guy whom I was head over heals for. He pretty much strung me along and made me think he liked me. One weekend he didn't talk to me at all. It wasn't until the next week he told me that he was in jail, but he wouldn't tell me why. I did some snooping and found that he had been arrested for attempted rape. I was hurt and scared. I ended up cutting off ties with him. Those situations are scary when they happen, glad you are avoiding it.

worththeeffort-Sorry to hear about your weekend. It's frustrating when mom's can't just be the loving supporter they were created to be. Just remember you are doing what works for you, don't worry about how other people see it. I think getting in a good workout today will do wonders for you. Just the other day I was feeling a bit down, but my workout really pulled me through it. I have found weirdly that if I'm depressed, weight lifting really helps me get out of that slump. Cycling on the other hand is a bad idea if I'm depressed. I just don't end up having the energy to get through the class. The last time I went to a class sad, I only stayed for half of it. It was ever more depressing knowing I wasn't going to finish the class. So I've just started skipping it if I'm really feeling bad, because going will just make me feel worse. I hope you have a workout that really helps you when you're feeling down.

As for me, I went to my interview yesterday. The facility is beautiful and the woman that interviewed me was very nice. It was one of those meet and greets to get to know you a bit more. Which is nice, but also worrisome. Basically, if I don't get a second interview it will be because they don't like me. I'm praying I get into the next round. It is a social services assistant position and I really feel like I can make a difference in the position. Also, it would be a great place for me to begin my social work career. I'm praying for God's will to be done, no matter the outcome, but really want this to work out. I'm scared of how I will react if I don't get a call back. It's just so depressing being in a job that depresses me and not getting many bites on the job hunt. :/

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm really trying to wrap my head around nutrition. Yesterday I definitely ate too much. I just don't know much about how I should be eating to lose weight. Anyone have any ideas? I'm trying to watch portions, eat when I'm hungry, drink lots of water. I guess I just don't know if I'm eating too much or too little.