Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Sabrina, I'm just passing through here so we don't know each other, but I am very sorry to hear that you are so unhappy. Believe me, I know the feeling of trying so hard with no results. Please keep up the exercise as much as you can. Even if it isn't giving you the weight loss you want, it is doing wonderful things for your body. Increased endurance, strengthening muscles and bones, increased lung capacity, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, lowering resting heart rate, stress reduction....I'm sure there's some other benefits I've missed. It will probably lead to weight loss eventually. Your hormones are probably still all screwed up from the pregnancy. Take a deep breath and relax. Things will change.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Fiona, I think I need to embark on a BERP of my own! My biggest issues are books and clothes. I don't think I've disposed of any clothing in the past 20 years. I could lose 60 lbs, and have things to wear all the way down without doing any shopping. I only get rid of things that are ripped or stained beyond repair.

I also have books everywhere. I read fiction and then pass it on, but I have shelves and boxes of cookbooks, and self help books that sometimes help and sometimes not. I try to donate the excess to the library for used-book sales, but am reluctant to get rid of them. My life would be so much better without all the clutter. I would be very happy if a guest could actually come to visit and stay in the guest room. Right now it would be like sleeping in a warehouse! LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Feeling a bit better today having slept and having the vicodin. I hope to get back on track.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'3"

I had a bit of a breakdown yesterday... my boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship since september 2012 and we were supposed to have our first visit in july for my birthday. Due to passport issues we've had to push that date back a couple weeks, which upset me because I was really looking forward to spending a birthday with him. Well yesterday he came home and told me something else was wrong and we had to push it back by another 3 weeks. For some reason, this really upset me (even though it's actually nice because it gives us each 2 extra paychecks before the visit) and we had a little... conflict over it. Everything is fine now, although I'm getting increasingly more discouraged about how things will work out. Ugh. I hate planning things like this. So stressful, and my friend keeps asking me when the big day is and I feel silly telling him a different date every time.
Melarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #65  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking Hi from my new place :)

Hi there everyone!

I'm all moved into my new apartment, this is very exciting and today was a crazily hectic day. I think that the movers that came are a good company but they had mechanical difficulties so they were running very late, fortunately the building where I moved into was very flexible. I think I would use this moving company again, minus one rather flamboyant mover of the group.

I'm exhausted and I was planning to get alone done tomorrow with appointments but it looks like I will be waiting for Comcast, they messed up the appointment window, at least I can sleep in. Yay, I am so relieved that I moved, now I am going to relax for the evening and hopefully have a good night, my first night as a Philadelphian!

Take care and thanks for listening, I will try to respond to some personals tomorrow

Gentle hugs,

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #66  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I also have books everywhere. I read fiction and then pass it on, but I have shelves and boxes of cookbooks, and self help books that sometimes help and sometimes not. I try to donate the excess to the library for used-book sales, but am reluctant to get rid of them. My life would be so much better without all the clutter. I would be very happy if a guest could actually come to visit and stay in the guest room. Right now it would be like sleeping in a warehouse! LOL
Hi Wannabe, I made a huge decision to 'release' hundreds of books from our shelves almost 2 years ago. It made such a difference. I thought it would be difficult, but it was OK. I've cleaned out both my parent's homes, so I am really aware now of wanting to 'get rid' as opposed to 'get' at this stage in my life.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #67  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Amy, congrats at being in your new home!

Trish, I'm glad you got to sleep and got some relief with the pain med.

Hi to everyone else

I took a chance at riding to work today, because the radar for this afternoon showed alot of clouds coming ,but I thought I'd be okay. Wrong I got rained on for the first 6 miles; then just wet roads for the remaining 15, but my butt was soaked and then I got chilled and then the wind was blowing me around "It's not just a commute, it's an adventure!" should be my theme song

Last edited by VermontMom; 06-11-2014 at 09:14 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:26 AM   #68  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Hi Holly! Thank you for your kind words! I really like it here, it's a change but I like it a lot. Oh no! I'm sorry that you got rained on. I was going to Philly from the town where I used to live and I got soaked walking to the train station! I am so glad that I have a new rain jacket.

Have a good night!

Take care

Amy
Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #69  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Sabrina: Hang in there. You've had a lot to deal with emotionally with the loss of your baby. You're going to feel that loss very strongly for the next year, as you pass all the milestone anniversaries. That's completely normal. Try not to let your sorrow push you into bouts of negative self-talk. You're not doing anything wrong with your workout. It's just a really tough time for you right now. Maybe God is asking you to just let go and trust Him right now? Next time you hit the gym, slap on your headphones, crank the music, and tell God, "Whatever happens, God, please let it happen for the best." The hardest lesson I've had to learn, personally, is trust. When I hit a wall, plateau, or a period of utter self-loathing, I try to re-focus my thoughts and remind myself that I just have to trust that this is a journey of learning and I just have to trust God.

IBelieve: Have an absolutely fantastic time in Ireland!

Lilturtle: I'm sorry about the tooth. I hope the pain killer helps and that the ordeal is over quickly.

Amy: Congratulations! Now the move is over and you are getting settled in to your new apartment. As stressful as packing and moving is, what a great chance to do some "nesting" and get a fresh look out of your stuff.

My annual review was tense but went okay yesterday. I have no idea why my supervisor has taken a dislike to me. I work really hard. I'm efficient, organized, neat, and clean about my workspace. I've never failed to complete a project ahead of the deadline. She has to hunt for things to criticise. Maybe that's the problem? Beats me.

After a two-day headache and some really uncomfortable bloating, when the review was over, my body seemed to relax and release everything. I stepped on the scale this morning and discovered that I dropped 2.2 pounds overnight. I'm pretty sure it was the stress causing me to retain water, etc. which caused the bloating. Thank God, the review is done. Thank God, I'm back on track with the scale. Thank God, for another day to try it all again.

Blessings be on all my 3FC friends.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

My weightloss seems to have stalled. For the last couple of weeks I was snacking more then I had been. Not every day but definately more then I had been. I have been having some major sleeping problems and I always seem hungier when I don't sleep. I'm not sure when I will see a doc yet but I will bring this issue up.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #71  
on a journey

hi friends,

It seems that many of you are going through rough times. I am so sorry about that. Just hang in there ok??? Things always get better, they really do.

I had a great night in math last night. I took my Unit 3 Review last night, got a 91 %. I also took my Unit 3 Test last night and got a 94%. I am so grateful!!!!! Now I am ready to take my Final Exam, which I am going to take next week, a week early.

Amy, you got moved??? that is wonderful!!!!!!

lilturtle, Vicodin is the bomb!!!!! I am sorry about your tooth though and glad that you got some much needed sleep.

IBelieve, have a GREAT time in Ireland!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!

Sabrina, I am so sorry, sweetie, that you are so very sad. I wish I had some magic pill that could help you. Just know that we care and please post to us.

Much love to all. *hug*
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #72  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Default Hi there!

Hi there everyone from Philly!

This is a very exciting time for me, I am a bit exhausted and sore but I'm so happy that the move is behind me even though the movers were a bit odd and almost two hours late, then they took a lunch break. Anyways, I'm getting settled in and I'm loving Philly.

I'm thinking of rejoining WW, but getting on the scale and facing the number is a bit daunting, it's time for me to face the music.

Have a good night.

I'll try to post tomorrow

Take care chickies! Support and encouragement to all!

Amy
Old 06-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #73  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I slept last night and felt better today, but work on the BERP (Big Entropy Reduction Project—a massive decluttering of my house) went slow. I did some clipping of images from magazines, and also some puzzling over projects I started & abandoned years ago. What was I thinking, way back when, labeling little boxes and putting odd fragments from fashion magazines in them? I surely don't know.

Something's got me down, I'm not sure quite what it is. It's hard to wake up in the morning and do what feels like hours & hours of housework, day after day after day. I'm at a point where I'm just tossing a lot of stuff in the recycle bin. =sigh= Just one more day, and then I'll take two full days off this weekend. I want to make a collage!

Congrats on being in your new place, Amy! And congrats to you, Lisa, on your math scores!
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #74  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Red face Hi

Hi there,

Fi- Thank you for your congrats! I love my new place, it's been a bit of an adjustment though for Snickers, he doesn't feel well. I'm taking him to a new veterinarian tomorrow. I love being in Philly, I just have a lot of unpacking to do. How is the BERP going? I have been getting rid of a lot of things with my move. It's liberating!

I got my haircut today, that felt great. I think I will rejoin WW next week.

It's rainy here, but it feels nice to be cozy in my apartment.

Have a pleasant evening everyone...

Amy
Old 06-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #75  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, everyone. I hope Saturday morning is dawning as a positive day in everyone's lives. We've had rain, rain, rain for the past three days. I'm ready for the dreary weather to clear out.

I heard some skuttlebutt yesterday at work that one of the professional staff people may be retiring, leaving her position open. If I'm able to confirm the information, I will put my name in for a transfer/promotion to the position. I have all the qualifications the position requires and inside knowledge of the institution, of course.

I'm not counting any chickens, but this is the first time a potential opportunity has come up where I would have a chance to move out of my current position to one that pays more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the situation comes to pass but I'm not going to hold my breath. I can't help but want it for the higher income.

I did several hard workouts over the past week and was feeling super tired last night, so I took a break from exercise even though last night was not a scheduled "rest" night. I'll hit the routine hard again today and burn some calories on the elliptical. After doing 90 minutes that one time, I've dropped back to 60 minutes each session. 90-minutes was definitely a goal I wanted to accomplish but on my current 1000-calorie a day program, it took a lot more out of me than I expected.

I'm waiting for my new, smaller jeans to arrive in the mail. Once I move below size 20, I hope to be able to buy off-the-rack in most any store in the area. Again,

Hope everyone has a beautiful, beautiful day.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote