Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 09:40 AM   #1  

Default APRIL 10~Thursday nutty chat

Hi and how is everyone. I see there is a new poster named Zookeeper2123. Wow, I was surprised cause I thought it was my DD for a second! I then remembered that she is Zookeeper16!
Ayway, welcome Zookeeper!
Old 04-10-2003, 10:20 AM   #2  
CIN

Good Morning Ladies!

Another rainy.cool day in Ky but the sun will shine soon!

I have my 2 little girls with me today.We are going to the childrens museum.They are 7&8 and did the 2 mile Leslie tape with me all the way through this morning!Awesome!

I am "point-watching"and doing well this week.I have point watched for 3 weeks with little results but I think it was because of "relaxed adherance to the plan"..ha ha can anyone relate to that? My husband has lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks! I am proud of him!
Hope everyone has a great day.....................

Cin
Old 04-10-2003, 10:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well hey there Tip and Cin! So glad to see you lovely ladies this fine morning!

Tip? where do you see a Zookeeper? I must have missed something! but hello if she is here. Hope you are doing well.

Cin? that's great that your granddaughters were able to do a 2 mile walk with ya! Hope yall have fun at the musuem!

Where is Busy Leenie? and the rest of the gang?

Kemp? are you getting the same beautiful weather on that side of Louisiana today?

Liz? are you sleeping or working? coming or going? ;-)

April? how u doing today?

I'm still not use to this time change - stayed up past midnight and didn't wake up til the alarm went off at 6:00. Don't think I will be able to get in a walk today. I have a hair trim after work today.

Hope everybody has a good day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 04-10-2003, 11:09 AM   #4  

Talking morning!

Done my nights and back to the land of the living! I am just playing a bit of catch up this morning....tidied the kitchen, laundry etc and now off for coffee with my girlfriend who has a new born.

I am also getting ready for my get away weekend with my girlfriend....only downfall is I am PMS ing so that kinda sucks when you go away...but anyhow that is life.

Hope you are all well. I will check in later.

Eliz
Old 04-10-2003, 02:38 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi kiddo's

SOSDD here.

I thought the Dove Awards were on last night b/c they actually did happen yesterday but our TV guide said that it will be aired on April 16th....... darn, I wall as ready yesterday.

I've just been really busy at work, and trying to catch up on everything, keeping busy at night to, trying to keep the house maintained a bit.

Went little girls clothes shopping today, I bought the 3 girls a bunch of summer outfits at Kohls. They had a great sale, things were already marked down, then 10% off of that and if you open a charge card w/them you get an additional 15% Off. So I got 25% off of marked down summer stuff...........it was great !

Thadda be it !

Hugs, Leenie
Old 04-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #6  

Not much going on today. It is really beautiful out today. The kind of day that I would like to take off and go sit out on the deck with a nice book.

My cat thinks that she is going into heat again. I had to call the vet to see if this was normal. She had a litter of kittens before I had her so they said it is normal and she should stop acting like this in about a week. She has been walking around the house makeing the god awful sounds. Last night she did it from 7-10 and then she feel asleep but was at it again at 4:30. I ended up closing her up in the front bedroom so i could sleep. Poor thing she doesn't understand. I am just glad Joe wasn't home b/c he would have thrown her outside.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:28 PM   #7  

Good morning all

It is a beautiful day here today. Cathy.....I am still not used to the time change either. Yesterday evening....I asked DH if he would make supper.....I was so tired......when he called me for supper....I had had a 15 minute nap.

Then last night I set the alarm clock...for 8:30 A.M....don't know if I shut it off or what....the next thing I knew....it was 9:30.

Yesterday I went shopping for clothes....the sales clerk & I were talking about April birthdays....I told her I was going to be the big 60 on Friday...the 11th....she told me....that I looked like I was in my mid 40's.....now that made my day!!

This morning flowers were delivered....it was a big basket of plants...with Aftrican Violets.....plus others. There were also 5 white tulips....they were really nice....they were from 4 of my sisters & my brother from back east.

I am doing okay these days.....still using the light box....I tried to go off it the last week of March......but started to feel down....so went back on it.

Welcome Zookeeper2123....I think I saw a post somewhere.

April
Old 04-10-2003, 04:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey April - what a NICE compliment to get! I'm sure that did make your day! If I were you I would go shopping for clothes there everytime you need some! In case I miss you tomorror I hope you have a Happy Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 04-10-2003, 05:54 PM   #9  

Thanks Cathy....I will enjoy my day. I am treating myself to a pedicure....which I don't usually have.

April
Old 04-10-2003, 06:46 PM   #10  

Ms. Excitement has popped in....

The SUN came out today and it got to 57 degrees, but the wind made it seem cooler than that. I got my laundry done, the cat box cleaned (I think these two poop more in an hour than I do in a whole day ), done some ironing and got the house cleaned today; being I will have some errands to run tomorrow and the Fashion Bug fashion show I am in will be on Saturday.

I weighed myself on The Beast (aka scale) this morning after I did my glucose level, and I am down another pound. Keep this up and I may break 300 yet before seeing the bariatric surgeon in August!
Old 04-11-2003, 12:54 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Lori, congrats on the weight loss !!

What are you doing ? WW ?

Are you going for surgery in August, do you mean the gastro surgery ?

Leenie
Old 04-11-2003, 03:52 PM   #12  

I'm doing a 1500 calorie plan from the American Diabetes Association. I have my initial consult with the bariatric surgeon on August 25 --and then I go from there.
Closed Thread