Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #46  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Woo hoo!!! I am flying high today Peeps!!! I got up this morning and did some weights on my own!!! Gasp!!! I know!!! And!!! I did a 2 MINUTE PLANK People!!!! I thought I was going to die but I did it. Then I got on the treadmill for an hour and did a 20 minute or so yoga cooldown... I feel...amazing... Took a shower...a little nap...a little snuggle with the Hubby... It is a wonderful day!!! And!!! As if the day could get any better my mala from the Tibetan Nun project came today!! I ordered an amethyst mala made by Buddhist nuns in India in exile...it feels so nice...I can feel the energy in it and it feels very comforting. (I am a rock girl in case you are new...hehehe)

I took DD driving yesterday! She is learning fast...she just needs more practice, she is a fast learner...she pays attention and I think she is going to do really well. We are going to go out again tomorrow...maybe grab some lunch and go see Three Musketeers...

Body Pump is a great class! I highly recommend it! It will kick...your...butt...hard!!! I am crazy about my instructor...she is highly motivating... I think I have found the missing piece to my puzzle. It makes sense really, I read in a Health article that the cardio, strength training, and flexibility are the three hallmarks of good health as you get older. I know that I haven't felt this good in a really long time. I think the gym was the missing piece...the yoga is a part...the meditation is a part...but the gym was the missing piece.

I hope you guys are all feeling as wonderful as me today!!! Big hugs to everyone!!!

~Raven~
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

LOL Raven you were feeling so great you had to post it twice!!!! LOL

SOrry ladies I have been reading but not able to post.

Had a med check on friday and the nurse was going thru this list of meds and the first one i was like I dont even know what that med is. She says oh thats for you thyroid. I looked at the date on the screen here it was a few days after my last appt when i got blood work done. They called me in a script but I never got the message. I have the hypo where your thyroid is underactive soooo that explains a lot. Explains why I have been working my butt off in the gym and losing nothing. I have also been so cold some nights i wake up shivering and thats never been me. SO kinda excited that will help me get back to normal and losing weight. Also that explains some of the moods and the fatigue!

I have only been to the gym once in two weeks and that was only to take kids swimming. I have been sick and I am still coughing now but I think I am going to go monday and try! I cant stay out for too long.

Ok well I need to get going I feel exhausted it was a long day!! Night!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #48  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

momo: glad you found out was up with you hold up with loosing. glad they have meds to help get you back to normal.

Well I am back at my pre-thanksgiving weight now just have to loose.. Yesterday and today I weigh the same at least it ain't a gain. Today is my niece birthday party she turned 4 yesterday. She told us only people she loved could buy her presents lol. So I will try to stay away from the cake unless my niece makes me eat a piece. She is spoiled and I do anything to make her happy. I don't like birthday cake but I love ice cream cake. Ice cream cake is my weakness.

on another note I have my bf weighing in the nude in the morning with me. He gained a pound and he like I hate that thing it evil and wrong. He asks me everyday when he gets home from work if I worked out(that motivates me to work out). I now have 2 pieces of paper on the fridge one for his weight and one for mine. I love that I ain't hiding my weight and am admitting my weight to others.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #49  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Well, if Raven can show back up and post I guess I can too. Welcome to the newbies and hello to all of the oldies.

I've been MIA for so long now. Thanks Vermont for mentioning me once and a while. I miss you guys. I have been reading in my down time at work.

There's not a lot to tell. I've been out for 3 days from work because my back has been out. It's a muscle on my lower left back. I finally broke down yesterday and went to the dr to get muscle relaxers. It had flared up b4 thanksgiving but worked itself out in about 3 days. This time it is just relentless. I could barely walk and it just sucks.

I'm heavier than I've ever been which is probably why I'm having this back problem. I think I'm ready to start working out again and eating better. I'm not sure that I will eat perfectly, but I'm ready to start getting more fruits and veggies in my diet. I can't wait for this muscle to relax so I can work out. I will be starting all over again.

For the newbies, I'm 40 yrs old and live with my fiance. I don't have any kids except my 2 japanese chin dogs. I work for an insurance/finance company and part time at a retail store. I've struggled with depression since I was a child. Medication helps a lot and when I do it, exercise is almost a cure. After staring at 2 computer screens all day I usually can't bare to get back on a computer afterwards. That and just being exhausted has kept me from 3FC. I want become active on here again. I look forward to getting to know you all.

And Raven, I think it was you who commented, I totally agree about Sons of Anarchy, and Dexter is awesome. I also went to see Twilight which I love. It is a great escape. I know it is cheesey but I just don't care. I can't wait for the next one.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote