Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Default October Chat!

Hey lovely ladies i know its late in the month but i thought i would start it

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling ok

iv finally got my wrist back to working order yay! its weak but working
i quit my job and i am going freelance no more 4:45am alarm call for me, i managed to get a local job for better money but its freelance and no security but i tell myself even if i was with a big company in this recession no one is secure so i am gonna box cleaver and make some money before my industry crashes and believe me its not gonna be long! anyway I wont bore you with my work crap. I do feel free now though
my mental state is still up and down last weekend i was bad nothing to live for but after getting some help at the docs on monday i am feeling better i am still off my meds of i tread carefully but so far so good.
I have my daughters parents evening tomorrow her 1st one at high school, she is so happy with the way things are going i am looking forward to getting it backed up by her tutors.

Anyway much love to you all and has anyone herd from mom yet? i am worried

Take care

Marie xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi Marie,

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm glad that you got a job that you seem to be happier at. 4:45 am is early! I thought my getting up at 6:30 am was early! I'm glad your wrist is getting better. I understand wrist pain. I sprained my left wrist a few years back and I still get pain sometimes. Hopefully things will stabilize for you emotionally. I can't stand the ups and downs either.

As for me, I'm hanging in there. I missed a couple of doses of my Wellbutrin (antidepressant) but I got it today. I just forgot to pick it up at the pharmacy. Things are okay. I am pretty much recovered from a rather minor same day surgery. I took two days off of work for it. Then, I found out that I may need ankle surgery I am going to see an ankle surgeon soon, am scared and nervous.

Right now I have a stomach bug and am nasally congested. I am going to try to get seen by my doctor tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

So I have been MIA. I wasn't actually planning on coming back to the site. In august I had some bad rants and felt so stupid so I just deleted my post and left. I "in person" do not complain. I have two close friends that only know if something really upsetting happens but thats it. I learn to look at the good in stuff. So here I was using this thread to just rant and be negative and that is not who I am so I just stepped away. I am glad you guys thought of me. Its ok to vent but I was getting way out of control. I try to live a drama free life but I see it came across that I have a life full of drama

So since august i tried zoloft for my premenstrual agitation and it calmed me down great but caused my eating to spiral outta control and me to crash half way thru the day when I was trying to do school with the kids. So after my med check today we are going to try just birth control to stabalize my hormones *crossing fingers*!!

Then we got my son on adhd meds and it has made a HUGE difference in his school work. When talking to a friend whos child is also on meds for that she was telling me she was adhd as a child and finally as an adult went back on it cause it was affecting her life. Well I started thinking hmm maybe I should look it up cause that was a big problem of mine as a kid. Well I looked it up for adults and I hit EVERY single thing on three checklists and half of the hyper checklist. I bout bawled my eyes out cause everything I had read described my life. I was always late, unorganized (despite my great effort), couldn't get started on any task, hyperfocus (you focus on tv, computer etc to avoid the chaos and the lose track of time), sooo much stuff. I have been telling my husband that something is wrong with me and I didnt know what....he would just say fix it and move on. It was a struggle to get my daily house work done. I have never been a lazy person even when I was a manager they would tell me I could stop cleaning or stop working but I would just go...but over the last year and half I have felt lazy cause I couldn't get even the minute task done. They say add/adhd run hand in hand with depression and other mental issues. So my dr is starting me on Ritalin. I am so excited and haven't felt so full of hope in such a long time. If this doesn't help i am going to be bummed.

Then we got a foster girl who is 16 and on probation. She is straight out of lock up. I went to meet with her and they told me she probably wouldn't talk to me but surprising she did. Her mom died of breast cancer a year and half ago and dad is angry and just a family in crisis. She so far has done well...some little lies and minor infractions but as a person you have to look past those issues deeper. She holds everything in and shuts down when she has to deal with anything. She will hold her tears in till she is red in the face. She has tried to find a girl relationship and is desperately seeking that attention from any girl that will give it. They said no one has really taken the time to just care about her....which i naturally do. I am not one to be like well that was stupid you knew they would hurt you etc....so the kids love her and she is really thriving off their love and acceptance here. She gets joy and happiness with the kids just giving her attention and its helped some days when shes down. She is starting to attach to me which is good. I told her I could never take the place of her mom but I will try and help her the best I can. I went out last tuesday just for a break and she had tried texting me asking when i was coming back and then when I got home she come running down with the rest all excited! So that is a step for her. She really really needs someone to love her and support her! When she came she was so used to lock up she would stay where ever you left her. We would come home and I didnt realize she was still at the door waiting to be told where to go. Then after lunch we would all be up and gone and she would sit there till i told her what she could do. But she has great manners and very thankful even for the little things. I really think it will take time and care for her emotions to heal but there is hope for her! I see it in her!

I think that is about it!!! Atleast thats all the highlights. Oh I started zumba at the gym....only walked out on one class cause the dumb lady that was helping was shaking everything from her lil toe to her ears and I couldnt even make up my own moves to what she was doing. So I just went and ran a mile since I was soooo ticked off!! Going in the morning for the other class!!! I practiced some tonight!!!

Night/morning cause I guess it is 2:20am now...LOL

Last edited by momof4under5; 10-11-2011 at 02:23 AM.
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

hey mom good to see you alive and well ((hugs)) we all rant on her i do big time i cant help it no one in my house will listen to me. seriously dont worry about it rant if you need to! good for you sticking to the zumba i couldnt get along with it so i am sticking with walking and hopefully back to the gym if i get the ok from the docs on friday.

SeaB - you are so right wrist pain is a b1tch iv broken this wrist 2 times and had surgery last year then 8 months later broke it again. oh the joys of hyperflexability. how you feeling now you have the meds back in your system?

As for me im ok i was up at 3am in tears thanks to my wisdom teeth they are taking forever to come through and each time they seem to be more painful I cant afford to have them taken out so i guess its suffer it until they come on there own.
its my last 2 days left at my job I am sad to be leaving as the guys there are nice but the traveling is to much bring on the 15min drive next week im getting all the normal panics about starting the new job but i keep telling myself it will be ok so it will be ok i hope

Anyway chicks take care xxxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #5  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey guys... we're missing a lot of people it seems but I'm glad Mom is back.

Mom... your info about ADHD is surprising.. I'm a bit like that myself, don't think I'm really ADHD though. That poor girl It sounds like it will be a long healing process for her. I've also deleted posts and/or been embarressed about the rant after the fact... I don't complain in person either so this place is a real outlet for me. Don't let it bother you, we all feel like that sometimes.

Marie - Good luck with the new freelance work I finally had my wisdoms taken out a few years ago and it is so much better without them. Teeth pulling was one of my greatest fears but it finally just had to be done.

SB - Can I ask what's wrong with your ankel? Surgery sounds scary, I've never had anything done.

Not much is new with me... but hubby finally got part time work. We're still as broke as **** but it's a little better. I keep wanting to start my Christmas shopping but there's just nothing there to do it with! Our young dog is going to be featured in the calendar for the rescue group we got him from. I wrote up a sappy thing about how much we love him and how our old dog is his best friend and sent in probably two dozen pictures for them to pick from. Probably sent in a lot more then they wanted but he's so cute it's easy to get a good picture of him I can't wait to see which one(s) they use.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 10-12-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Wow mom, I love that you foster for teens. I used to work at CPS, and a lot of people won't even touch teenagers. Taking in teens is something I aspire to do when my kids are older. I don't think I could handle any more right now! A lot of people don't realize that the older kids who don't go back to their parents for whatever reason, have no family and nowhere to go for summers in college or holidays, etc, once they age out of care. To me that is so sad and I wish more people would consider helping these young people get a better start in their adult lives!
CloudySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey ladies hope your all well im ok slowly getting bk to some kind of normal moood apart from being tired constantly. Uni is going well atm but ask me in a few weeks and we will soon see lol 1lb until i reach goal woohoo xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #8  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello! thank you marie for starting the Oct. thread best wishes to the new work!! I understand the scariness about starting something different/new. Glad your wrist is all better! but sorry about the wisdom teeth.

hi mom!!! so good to hear from you. I also hope like heck that the med works for you.

hi ems!! 1 pound til you reach goal, wow!

hey seabiscuit, hope you feel better.

Aunty Jam, congrats on the doggie centerfold and thanks for searching for me

and hi to everyone else!

I'm still only working out barely 3 times a week, if I'm lucky. My wonderful summer job ends this Sunday Well I gotta put on my big girl panties as they say and just move on.

talk more soon!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #9  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Vermont - Glad to see ya back among the living Sorry to hear your nice summer job is ending but I agree, you have to move on.

ems - Awesome job Is this your final weight? Do you get to move into maintenance? Wow... that's my dream - LoL

This is the second time a dog of mine has been in a calendar... my old mutt made it into the one for the humane society here in our town. She was such a pretty girl... passed away in Feb, I miss her
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #10  

hey girls i made it to goal last night woohoo i want to maintain under 147.

my new aim is to loose another 7lbs with no time limit and thats it then x
Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #11  
Walking by faith

Thumbs up Yay!

EMS: Congratulations on reaching your goal!

Mom of 4: Good to see you back here! Don't let problems keep you from posting..we all need to vent sometimes..and this is a safe place to be
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Stepping Out-Thanks its is a safe place cause no one here knows anyone I am talking about but I dont like feeling so negative

ems-AWESOME!!!!!!!!! So Jealous!

Vermont-Thanks I hope it does too!

Cloudsky-We are youth pastors and That is where I feel I work best. I have a weird way of still loving them thru their annoying characteristics, I can overlook their moodiness and still love them. They all know they could slap me in the face walk away get into trouble and I am still only a phone call away. Now they have never hit me but of course we have all had our moments of disagreements. I try not to do the mom lecture but try to do the counselor approach and twist things to help them see another perspective on their issues! A lot of times I have known of their parties or whatever even when their parents didn't. Its the only way to keep it open is to not lecture just listen and give advice!

AuntyJam-You can look up symptoms it can explain it better...its atleast worth looking at!!!

marie-thanks. Zumba is really bout having fun but you have to do what works best for you!!!!!

So its been a long day. I started getting sick yesterday and been hitting the vit c and it seems to be holding but i was freezing all day. Did Zumba with my mom this morning and my kiddos came in class for a little to do it with me!!! Then had a teen who needed hair and makeup done. Then my foster girl we had for several years since she was 12 and has been home/kinda trying to live on her own is 18 and called 3 times bawling wanting me to come get her. So I am waiting on my husband to get home then gonna drive 1 n half each way to get her...Laundry to do then after that....still feel sick...ughhh!!!

OH OH I almost forgot..I went for a hair cut at a place because i couldn't get down to my regular hair dresser....Yeah they flipping cut my bangs way above my forehead and then actually missed half my bangs, I guess she screwed up the back cause the manager wanted me to come in for her to see it. I AM SOO MAD cause its not fixable I have to walk around in embarrassment for how many weeks till they grow out...ERRRR
Here is a picture of the girls hair and makeup I did!! She is soo pretty!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jessefav.jpg (12.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by momof4under5; 10-14-2011 at 06:53 PM.
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:26 AM   #13  

thanks girls

I love zumba i go every week thats how iv lost my weight with ww aswell x
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #14  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

ems - congrats!!!

momof4, sorry about the haircut!! the new avatar pic is wildly great

and hey to eveyrone else!

I have off a week before starting the yuck winter job. Have alot of cleaning projects to do. I know i have complained of the complete clutter and junk in my house, and maybe hinted that it is due to someone else (DH).

Well i had a revelation...if he does not care about the clutter, and does nothing to help, but seems to appreciate when I do something, then it is up to me and i have complete control over that. Like, oka,y that you don't do anything to help...but you can't stop me from trying to fix the situation. So now I feel I can tackle the clutter and freely decide to recycle/throw out stuff. I'ts almost empowering feeling, lol.

and the winter job allows me to work out every single day. So no excuses there. Just (yeah, 'just') have to commit to control my diet!!

I have been using my Happy Light (light therapy) every day and i think it is helping, I am not crying or depressed about my summer job ending or winter (yet)
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/208/120

Height: 5'1"

mom that's wonderful. Keep up your great contribution to the world. Just doing what you do is probably an inspiration to others around you!

Good luck ladies with all your goals! I didn't start my week out great, but I'm on it tomorrow!
CloudySky is offline   Reply With Quote