Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
I've been on other meds in the past 25 years... prozac, paxil (made me GAIN 30 pounds!!!) wellbutrin (serious feelings of suicide!) and a couple others. Prozac worked for me the first time, but not the 2nd time, and did work again the 3rd time. Weird.

I don't know what to do anymore.
Wow.. That's interesting re: the Wellbutrin. I was on it for a bit and I felt so high and euphoric that I almost thought I was going to become manic! I had zero appetite and no need for sleep. Interesting how diff meds affect diff people. Have you tried Zoloft? I took it briefly as well and it was ok. A lot of people I know who have taken it have said the side effects were less severe. What about the Prozac again? I hope you find something that works. Please post. I've lurked on here before but it seems like it can be a quiet thread.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #32  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

I'm on zoloft. The Prozac had to many side effects for me. I am also on resperidol, if youre not you may want to ask your doc about it, it seems to help.

I am really freaking annoyed at a spoiled little brat right now. I put food on the table and my family puts a roof over her head. NOT her dad. I am so freaking sick and if she pisses me off anymore I just might have to remind her of that. Selfish little brat.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #33  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Aunty, whats respiridol?
Christine.. thank you for your reply....
i struggle when i get home from work as well..... especially with regards to my eating (and of course my weight is tied to my depression and body image)
I really hope there is another drug out there like the remeron, withOUT the massive weight gain side effect....it was wonderful in every other aspect. I went a whole week without ANY anxiety....... ahhh..... noow i have anxiety aboput having anxiety! Im not even sure why im on the wellbutrin (shouldn t that just exacerbate my anxiety?)
That sysmptom is such a weird one... i know that everyone experiences anxiety... stress is NORMAL.... does having an issue with anxiety mean you experience it MORE than "normal" people, or does it mean you react more intensley to it? does that make sense? i feel like its both. Theres a sense of doom always in the back of my mind....
Some days, i feel like im Juggling all this crap (full time job, graduate degree student, training, single mom, homeowrk, housework, money, everything) and im standing at the edge of a cliff. One wrong twitch, and it all falls apart......
I hear everyone telling me how amazing i am, that i do so much and i work so hard at bettering myself and all that crap. I really appreciate it, but i dont feel amazing... i feel like the worst person in the world...... I cant give ANYTHING 100%, ya know? everything gets 60% of what it deserves.... leaving me feeling like i half a** everything...... the worst is with my daughter, who just wants me, to be with me and spend time with me. But even on the weekends, i just dont want to do anything and she deserves a great parent.

Even when im not depressed, im an awful parent, and these feelings of guilt have plagued me for over 10 years. I wasnt born to be a mom

I have so many exams/quizzes/labs in the next two weeks, all on top of my ridiculous normal amopunt of homework.... what did i get myself into?!?!?!?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #34  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risperidone

One of the first lines is " It is associated with significant weight gain and metabolic problems" So maybe not such a good thing but it helps to keep my brain from going a million miles an hour.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote