Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 253/253/140

Height: 5ft 6

Hey ems81wales, don't worry about it. They ignore you now, but they'll need you later. That's life. ;D
Gissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

yea i know they will x
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #18  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

I rarely post here, but I check all the threads daily. I hope you're all doing well. I'm wondering what's happened to Mom of 4. She hasn't posted in quite a while. I know she has had a lot of drama in her life, and I hope everything is o.k. with her and her family. Has anyone heard from her?

to everyone!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

hi ladies hope everyone is good today

Good point @stepping out, mom of 4 has been quite for a long time im quite worried about her. fingers crossed she is ok

ems - friends hey! i only have 1 really good friend and she lives a 2 hour drive away.... thank god for facebook and skype

Vermont you naughty girl need for speed glad to hear you doing well

aunty jam, hows the kennel cough is the pup better now?

To all the newbies hi and welcome

Well i have been up and down lately but not feeling to bad today i cheered my self up with a haircut and nails done yesterday all ways makes me feel better. im looking for a new job at the moment i cant be doing that massive travel so i took the last 3 weeks of because of my broken wrist and went on the hunt looks like i have found a interior designer job 10mins for home fingers crossed 2nd interview on monday.
My daughter has settled in at high school she had an arguement with one of her mates today bloody kids with facebook and texting they where snipping at each other for hours my ella was quite upset so i stepped in hopefully it will all fade out my monday morning and they will all hug and make up.
My wrist has healed quick and i am out of plaster now, in splint but at least i can have a soak in the bath with out a plastic bad over my arm lol
My weight loss has suffered being at home and in plaster just lazing around the house im to scared to get on the scales i dont look any bigger but you never can tell i will hop on the scales after a week back at work hopefully it will be good again.

love to all xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #20  

yea same here marie my best mate lives near you and im in cardiff but we bbm and fb and skype :d

Glad your wrist is all better and i hope things are ok with your daughter and her friend by tomoz xxx
Old 09-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #21  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey all... Havent heard from Mom at all, been wondering where she is... she always has to much on the go.

Pups are good now, no more coughing, no more meds, back to their usual antics and tearing around the house like crazy. Took them to the off leash area yesterday and let them swim in the river... I had 2 very tired puppies later on!

Marie - Glad you're out of the cast, I'm still in a splint with my finger and I'm bloody sick of it. It's fine except for the nuckle closest to the tip... that's still red and bruised... actually the second one is still a bit bruised too but it doesn't hurt.

Something interesting happened to me a few days ago... some one honked at me while I was running. In my running tights and snug shirt LOL. I stopped and looked at them because I figured I must know them.. why else would they honk at me right? Realized I didn't know them, turned and took off as fast as I could. I don't know if my face could get anymore red but I must have been the shade of that ladybug down there.

Hi to our new people Gotta get back to work.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 09-19-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #22  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

right, we are missing momof4! I hope everything is ok with you

Marie, lovely avatar pic! because you are beautiful, girl! I hope your daughter's tiff is all gone with her girlfriend(s). i am glad your wrist is healed and you are at least out of plaster.

Aunty Jam, woohoo for getting random honks Hope your finger heals SOON!

And yes ladies I am continuing to NOT speed excessively

also a shout out to hope4me! and bonnie! and chubbykins! and buddly!! and any others who might be reading but not posting. everyone who joined us is missed...no pressure, mind you, just letting you know you are missed

had a GREAT day off today. My first day off in 13 days :shock: I did cut the grass yesterday after work, so I wouldn't have to do it today. Didnt linger in bed too long this morning, and I worked out FOR AN HOUR, a Cathe Friedrich dvd I haven't done in so long. I adapted it and no knee pain!! then I did about 5 loads of laundry, hung stuff outside, took the recycling out, did a little grocery shopping, then took off on my bike!! just a couple hours but it was great. Bought myself 5 tops from the consignment shop (she got destroyed by Irene but is back in business after just 3 weeks! bless her) and a pair of earrings for $10 which are beautiful dangly crystals..and makeup. It was a 'me' afternoon
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #23  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

So yesterday was my first day on Effexor. And likely my last. I just don't think that med is going to work for me AT ALL. I was nauseated all morning, didn't feel like eating anything all day (maybe that part isn't so bad) and tell me HOW can one medicine make you have drowsiness AND sleeplessness at the same time???? but my doc said "give it at least 2 weeks before you give up on it." I don't think I can DO two weeks on this! One day was bad enough!!! Ugh.

I got NO sleep at all last night. NONE. This morning I am dragging, puffy-eyed, and feel like crap.

I've been on other meds in the past 25 years... prozac, paxil (made me GAIN 30 pounds!!!) wellbutrin (serious feelings of suicide!) and a couple others. Prozac worked for me the first time, but not the 2nd time, and did work again the 3rd time. Weird.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 09-20-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #24  

Holly you missed me out lol

I passed my exams woohoo im on to my final year now girls xxx
Old 09-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Well done ems on passing your exams whoo hoo!!! good luck for the next year

Thanks Vermont (blushing) i have a hang up about the way i look so you comment was lovely

Auntie Jam, you hot mumma!! glad your fingers are getting better, the hand takes a long time heel hey iv still got odd swelling but its getting better.

Hi beach, i can so sympathize with you a few months ago i was having real sleep problems no sleep for days at a time. keep with your docs programme hopefully it will kick in soon. please dont take any sleeping pills i am a former addict the docs got me hooked on them please be careful and coming of them is a **** of a lot worse then not sleeping.

Well its the end of my 1st week back at work... man the traveling is hard! im not having much luck getting a local job im to over qualified for all the jobs i have applied for and not been given the jobs on that basis, its sole destroying but i am hanging in there and plodding on with the job i have. i am feeling ok in general this week so all is good. my daughter sorted it out with her friend after i gave her a lesson in being a b1tch, she stood up to her and her friend said sorry, hopefully she has learnt not to take any sh1t from bullies.

Hope everyone is feeling good today xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

Today was my first day taking Wellbutrin. Let's hope it works.

This week has been horrible. I was engaged to get married this January. My fiance (now ex) called it off three days ago. He couldn't handle my depression anymore and didn't believe that I was actually depressed and that I was being this way on purpose. The whole ordeal was pretty ridiculous. I'm losing a lot of money that I've already spent on wedding stuff. (3k). I'm really upset, but I will move on to bigger and better things.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #27  

cheers marie im glad your daughter stood up for herself

stellar sorry to hear about your break up some people just do not understand depression and if he dont understand it now when is he you deserve better and someone to love you no matter what state of mind you are in xxx
Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #28  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems81wales View Post
Holly you missed me out lol

I passed my exams woohoo im on to my final year now girls xxx
ooo ems, I'm sorry honey!! you know it was an honest (dumb) mistake and CONGRATS on your exams!!!!

marie, yay to you telling your daughter to stand up for herself! and poo to people who aren't hiring you because you're over qualified!!

stellarwbz, hi and welcome!! I'm so sorry to hear of your broken engagement. how terrible! but I agree with ems, anyone who could possibly think that this is a choice, is not a person one should have as a soul mate. though I'm sure that doesn't help you now best wishes on the Wellbutrin, i take the XL and I think it saved me .

and HI to everyone else!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #29  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

hey all, im going to "officially" join in the 'chat here, if thats alright

Im on a cocktail of meds and for a WHILE it was working, but now its not, and with the winter months coming up.... im frightened, ya know?? we need to find something that works!! I have very sever anxiety and generalized depression and Borderline Personality Disorder (which is such a stupid name haha)
So, my last appt, my doc prescribed mirtazipine, or Remeron (brand name). Let me tell you, the FIRST DAY on it, my anxiety was gone..completely, 100%. i could actually THINK about things that would normally make me anxious (money, future, school, etc) and no anxiety... it was like a miracle drug, even though it made me a little "numb" emotionally, and a little drowsy. HOWEVER, after only 9 days on it, i had already gained 12 pounds (no, not TOM related) 9 DAYS! Who knows where id be in a month??!?!? UP 30?? IDK, but so i nipped that one in the bud...... WHICH I WAS SORRY TO HAVE TO DO.. i could handle 5 pound weight gain, ya know? especially since it WORKED, but not the massive amounts this one was promising..
So.... my anxiety is back (suprise) i find myself taking 6 or more Clonazepam a day, just to get through the day. Im not sleeping enough. Im doing too much (work, school, training, single mom, etc)
I was hoping that keeping a full schedule would kinda *force me out* of the depressive state, but now im just overwhelmed, kwim??
i can always tell when my meds arent working anymore because i start to withdraw, hermit like. DOnt answer the phone from friends and family (not that i have many friends)..... dont want to leave the house..... OH god, I feel so awful for my daughter!

What are some of the things you guys experience as a warning sign that slipping down again???
And why is my weight tied to how much i hate myself in a given day?
and why do i feel like i have to be in a committed relationship to validate my existence? (which im not in)
** The last 2 questions are rhetorical

Meghan
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #30  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
hey all, im going to "officially" join in the 'chat here, if thats alright

Im on a cocktail of meds and for a WHILE it was working, but now its not, and with the winter months coming up.... im frightened, ya know?? we need to find something that works!! I have very sever anxiety and generalized depression and Borderline Personality Disorder (which is such a stupid name haha)
So, my last appt, my doc prescribed mirtazipine, or Remeron (brand name). Let me tell you, the FIRST DAY on it, my anxiety was gone..completely, 100%. i could actually THINK about things that would normally make me anxious (money, future, school, etc) and no anxiety... it was like a miracle drug, even though it made me a little "numb" emotionally, and a little drowsy. HOWEVER, after only 9 days on it, i had already gained 12 pounds (no, not TOM related) 9 DAYS! Who knows where id be in a month??!?!? UP 30?? IDK, but so i nipped that one in the bud...... WHICH I WAS SORRY TO HAVE TO DO.. i could handle 5 pound weight gain, ya know? especially since it WORKED, but not the massive amounts this one was promising..
So.... my anxiety is back (suprise) i find myself taking 6 or more Clonazepam a day, just to get through the day. Im not sleeping enough. Im doing too much (work, school, training, single mom, etc)
I was hoping that keeping a full schedule would kinda *force me out* of the depressive state, but now im just overwhelmed, kwim??
i can always tell when my meds arent working anymore because i start to withdraw, hermit like. DOnt answer the phone from friends and family (not that i have many friends)..... dont want to leave the house..... OH god, I feel so awful for my daughter!

What are some of the things you guys experience as a warning sign that slipping down again???
And why is my weight tied to how much i hate myself in a given day?
and why do i feel like i have to be in a committed relationship to validate my existence? (which im not in)
** The last 2 questions are rhetorical

Meghan
I am sorry this is so rough. A good friend in college took Remeron and it worked wonders on her depression symptoms but she gained about 60lbs. She lost it fairly quickly when she stopped taking it. But it's almost not worth it if the weight gain triggers depression thinking and feeling that it's supposed to treat.. Ugh. I especially relate the the part about hating yourself and feeling like you need a relationship for validation. I relate to all those feelings too. Though I isolate and push people away and cancel dates. It's all self-sabotaging for me. And I am not sure why. I have been diagnosed Dysthymia, Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent. I dont take medication so I am on a constant rollercoaster vacillating between tearfulness and crying bouts in the bathroom at work, to binge-eating, to loss of appetite. It's all very unpredictable for me. I do notice that I start becoming gloomy in my thinking when an episode will hit.. Everything becomes doom and gloom, then what follows is sleeping a lot.. especially in the evenings when I get home from work, then the cloudy thinking, difficult concentration.. Lots of other stuff. But there phrases here and there that I say when depression symptoms are coming, even before I am fully aware yet that an episode is coming on...

Last edited by christine123; 09-28-2011 at 04:47 PM.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote