Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Smile August chat

Hey ladies thought id start a new chat seen as it is august hehe

Hope your all well im off on holiday for a few days so will be back next weekend hope you all have a good week

xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

have a wicked holiday ems

hope every one else is doing ok

xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #3  

cheers hun howare things with u? has your sis had the baby yet? xxx
Old 08-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #4  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Looking good Mom! 40 pounds is no easy task so congrats! I'm laughing as I read about your van... I keep leaving the windows open in my truck hoping someone will steal it... no such luck.

I've been back and forth lately... I was really down a few days ago but I'm wondering if that is because I missed my pills for one night. Can that really make a huge difference? We were drinking pretty good and I didn't want to take them with booze.

How is everyone?
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #5  

Hi everyone

Ems - no my sister is holding on to the bubbs she is nearly a week over due fingers crossed he arrives soon, thanks for asking ((hug))

Mom - Looking amazing your doing so well honey

Hi Auntie Jam - not taking pills will have that effect

I am ok on a whole i bit worries over all this awful rioting in the uk at the moment I was sent home from work early today as the gangs where gathering, scary stuff hopefully it will pass soon.
I am still plodding on with my NA meeting I am doing well 44 days without pills yay! my depression comes and goes at the moment but the lows are very bad i am just hoping things will balance out in the long run

Everyone else i hope you are all doing well

xxx

Last edited by marie81; 08-09-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #6  
Gotta run!

Hey Marie - I was wondering if the riots were anywhere near you... very scary stuff!

Well I tried to eat away my troubles yesterday Not such a great day... here's hoping today will be better.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #7  

Aunty Jam - I am not far from where the london riots are and where i work was hit bad but its coming back to order now.

I had a crap day today i found some pictures of me on a site vist at work last week and I look awful Fat and old, i am going to sort it out and get back on track as i havent really be trying on my diet lately so here is kicking the fat off for good 2 stone by xmas is my goal!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #8  
Gotta run!

Marie - I'm glad things are getting back to normal. The pictures were super scary... I couldn't imagine actually being there.

I stashed some healthier snacks in my desk... no more vending machines for me!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #9  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

I'm not dead, just busy. My weight is ridiculous and I'm fighting depression daily. I have to talk myself into life everyday. On the bright side, I'm getting my debt paid down. Sorry I've been gone so long, but I have been lurking. I hope it's a good week for us all.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

hello hopeforme!!! congrats on getting your debt down. Are you still working the 2 jobs?? well if so, then it sure is 'paying off' (duh, bad pun) we have missed you! glad you are still here tho' invisible

marie, congrats on your many many many days clean!! You can do it sooo...has the baby arrived YET

Aunty Jam - sorry you were down!! I guess everyone's body is tuned differently. Maybe you can't miss a day..I am okay with missing a dose or two. But I have summer on my side.

Hey ems (SuperGirl!! ) thanks for the August thread. I am shocked that it is the middle of the month!! time goes too fast. I hope things are good for you.

Hi to momof4!! what did i miss about a van.

I am still in love with my summer job even though the front manager is so crabby and negative and she tries to make everyone else miserable! I refuse to give her that satisfaction, I tell her daily that I love my job and i think that makes her mad

I have been doing pretty well with keeping my eating under control even though I am making cookies, bars, cheesecakes, cupcakes, pies, tarts, etc. daily, and all kinds of savory foods available.

I did go over a week without working out, that is a no-no for me!! So I did work out yesterday and today. Some muscle tone is my only saving grace, lol. My knees are a little better, at least I can exercise, and they haven't ached/hurt for quite a few days now

We had our Toy Run for Shriners on Sat. and it was a big success! and I did my bit on stage in front of a couple hundred people and was even cracking jokes They were a forgiving crowd

well I feel I am caught up with you all for a bit, hugs to all!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #11  

hey everyone you all seem to be doing well, its really nice to read

i not doing well i hate this new clean and sober life its even more depressing then when i was out of it all the time. i dont go out i sit on my sofa getting fat. i am going to work but i have lost all love for that. i dont take any meds as i cant be trusted not to take them all, i am starting to think sod this and go out with a bang! very tempting.
I just feel so lost in this life maybe i was never ment to be in it. hey ho i will ride it out though see what other sh1t it can throw at me

Take care
xxx
Old 08-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #12  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Oh Marie, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time right now. Please know you are not alone and that this too shall pass. You're getting adjusted to a new way of living and it is not a quick process. It takes time and it is normal to have your ups and downs. I really think you should contact a local crisis center to help you through this.
Please think of your daughters and how lost they would be without you. You are their life, they need you.
It will get better, Marie.
chris313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #13  
Gotta run!

Marie - One day at a time hon Like Chris said, think of your kids and how much they would miss you. I have a thing on my desk that says "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails". Very cheesey but true!

Hi Vermont - Glad to see you back and glad that your bike run went well. I'm doing so/so now... I have my good days and my not so good days. I'm trying to keep up on the cognitive therapy that was recommended for me but like so many other things in my life I keep putting it off.

Hi to everyone else... hope all is well.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #14  

Afternoon chicks im back i had alovely holiday shame about the weather though i was really busy this week when i got back i had to get uni work in by thursday so was busy all week doing it. I managed to loose 2.5lbs i was so shocked as i had been away. I only have 4.5lbs to go before i get to goal woohoo and become a gold member xxxx

Ps hope you feel better soon marie xxx
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #15  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Thumbs up

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd join in! How is everyone doin'? I am okay, hangin' in there, feeling a bit overwhelmed with medical issues and my primary care doc says some it is from stress. I definitely don't cope with stress well.

I joined Weight Watchers and I think I am maintaining, not really losing yet and this is week 3 but it's better than gaining. It has opened my eyes to what I eat and how much I consume but I need to change my eating habits, instead of eating so many carbs, I'd like to start eating healthier with more fruits and veggies.

Well, I hope everyone is doing great!

Take care
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote