Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #16  

Yeah I know all that. I was meaning the people online who I ask advice from though. They say that people say those things to me because they pick up on my negativity. Which is annoying.
Ashley868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

You are neither ugly or look like a man. You don't even look like you are overweight. If it happens again you should ask the person what is the reason they would say such a thing to a stranger. You sure meet some strange people.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #18  

I've got about twenty more pounds I want to lose. I try to stay active because I used to be really overweight. The whole reason I gained weight in the first place was because people told me all the time I have an ugly face, so I stopped caring about being thin. Why did it matter if I was tiny if people made fun of me for having an ugly face? I'm somewhat thin now, I can stand to lose 20 more pounds which I am trying to do. And I still get these thoughts once and a while when people bark at me or tell me I am ugly. Why bother losing the weight when I know what when I hit my goal weight I will still not be good enough? But then again, I remember how I felt when I was really overweight. I would have given anything to be the weight I am now. I know my fat self would come and beat me up because of these thoughts. So I try hard to push the negative thoughts away and try to lose the weight. I think being in the weightloss competition is going to help me out, because other people are relying on me to lose weight as well. If we win, we get two paid days off of work. It starts today, so even though I'll probably still get the negative thoughts about being ugly, I will keep reminding myself that my team needs me to lose my last 20 pounds and hopefully it works.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
Yeah I know all that. I was meaning the people online who I ask advice from though. They say that people say those things to me because they pick up on my negativity. Which is annoying.
If everyone is telling you that, then it might be true. You shouldn't say it's annoying if you are expecting to hear it. I'm still in high school and i see people who are actually ugly (you are NOT, I looked at your pics) get all dressed up n strut. they get the most attention, because they make themselves beautiful. Thats the type of girl I was before I gained weight due to stress.

And yeah, it seems like nothing people are telling you helps or makes it any better. There is a lot of negativity
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

It makes me so sad when girls are convinced they are ugly, when they are not. It's because of this airbrushed ideal that society and media has created and that we are constantly comparing ourselves to. My nose does not look like all these beautiful models' noses, so therefore I am not beautiful. You know what I mean? I suffered from this, but while I was in CBT therapy I learned that different is not ugly. We are all unique and there will always be things that others find beautiful about you. I always thought I had a ridiculous face, but I don't see what others see and I'm told a lot that I am beautiful, even though I am far from the "ideal" that you see on the tv. It's all a matter of perspective and not letting popular media skew your perception of yourself.
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #21  
is chubby

No worries ashley. From your pics you seem the healthy pretty type. The only thing that would keep you from gettin' those boys is you self-esteem

I have some friends that truly have some features that cause negative attention. Are they alone and miserable? No. They have confidense and work around it.

It might sound odd but the "ugliest" person could not possibly be as damaging to his/her chances of getting a mate as the least confident.
Lack of confidense is sooooo not-sexy.
Work on that and boyz will come flying.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:41 AM   #22  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

WOAH!!! Are you serious?? Girl you are beautiful! I was reading your posts and thinking well... I wonder what she looks like... and then there were your pics... your face doesn't look manly at all! If you want to feel girlier and think that will help your confidence then there is lots of little things you can do, but I promise you, you are womanly looking, and BEAUTIFUL, and I don't tell people that just to be nice.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyCheeks View Post
If everyone is telling you that, then it might be true. You shouldn't say it's annoying if you are expecting to hear it.
I feel like I've said this a lot. I don't see how people can pick up a lot of negativity from me when all the people I know think I am a happy go-lucky person. I use my posts to vent, so people online automatically assume that I am a negative person and people I know offline pick up on that, and so they call me ugly. That does not make sense whatsoever. If a very skinny girl thinks she is fat, and feels negative about herself, people are not going to pick up on the negativity that she only thinks about (she keeps to herself because she doesn't share it with her friends and family) and start calling her fat. Strangers are not going to call her fat.
Whenever I vent about how people are always telling me I am ugly everyone online says its because I feel negative about myself and others pick up on it. So they make fun of me. Which is just silly. If I walk past a group of strangers, and minding my own business. How can a person pick up on low-self esteem and lack of confidence and make fun of me?

I don't really understand how I am expecting to hear people tell me I am a negative person either. That's the exact advice I was getting.

Whenever I am around my friends and family I act happy because I don't want them to know how I feel.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #24  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

People are sh-t. They call me ugly as well.

Do I listen to them? No. You shouldn't either, but I can understand how one cold internalize this sort of thing.
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote