Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #1  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Default Down Day

Hi everybody. I know that I am a drop by the seat of my pants kinda girl so I will try not to make it to long.

For about a month now I have been very up and feeling good. But today is one bad day I feel totally depressed. I just don't feel right. Does anyone else experience this on their journey to weight loss? I don't even feel like exercising today and I have taken my meds or I would be worse off then what I am now. How do you get through this?

Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #2  
Miss Melissa

S/C/G: 284/269/165

Height: 5'9

I have been feeling that way too! Perhaps it is the change in the weather? I am not sure. The way I see it is this journey is long and VERY HARD and there are bound to be a few rough days so I try to do something nice for myself it may be a long hot shower or an extra 5 minutes of quite time while drinking my coffee to help lift my mood. Hang in there it will get better!!!!!
MelissaMartiinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:59 PM   #3  

Lynnie -

Just wanted to let you know that most everyone has "just 1 of those days" once in a while -it will pass. Congratulations on your SIGNIFICANT weight loss -just try picking up something weighing 40 lbs.!! That might give you reason to feel good about yourself. I'm pleased for you... continued success!! L.
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Yes, everyone has those kinds of days here and there. Heck, feeling great for a month then having one sounds pretty on par!

Today is a down day for me as well even though I'm not diagnosed as depressed. I just feel alone and seriously want to cry. I don't even really want to talk to my husband even though he keeps calling me on my cell. (I can avoid it cause I'm at the office ).

But, give yourself a hug and I'll do the same. If today isn't what you hoped for, tomorrow's another day. Be kind to yourself, go exercise and make special plans for the weekend.

XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #5  
Divine

it seems that in the past 2 weeks I have at least one day out of each week that I was really down. Thank goodness I take my meds faithful because I would be wreck.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I hope today has been an "up" day for you.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I have been having a 'rough' 2 months. I think having plans set in stone helps me. If its routine, even if you feel like crap you go through the motions and for me while it doesn't ALWAYS help at least sticking to my routine helps me feel like i'm still working towards my goals. For me its about forcing myself to "show up" in my life even when all I want to do is sleep endlessly.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/330/230

Height: 5' 7"

I hope you can get passed the down day. We all have them from time to time. Maybe try doing something nice for yourself like give yourself a manicure or buy yourself some flowers. That kind of stuff helps me.
JadestoneDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I think it is really good to focus on how much weight you have lost. I have lost 40 and everytime I pick up my 40lb grandson, I am amazed! Focus on the good things.
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

are you feeling a little better, lynnie? I sure hope so Oh yes definitely stick with your meds, if you know that you'd be a wreck without them.

sometimes all that gets me through is thinking 'maybe today will be different, maybe I'll see or hear something today that really picks me up'. It's happened a couple times this winter and I hold onto those things to get me through (like getting a compliment on some good customer service that I gave; or someone wanting my help because they think I'm good at something )

silentarctic, I agree that trying to stick to a routine helps. Because then I can tell myself 'well at least I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.'
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #11  
on a journey

I think these are the days when we need to fall back on the skills we've learned alone the way. Are there triggers??? What can I do to help move myself along toward my goals for the day? Perhaps call a friend and get a pep talk or read a self-help book.

There are skills we can learn to fall back on when things get tough.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #12  
Divine

Sure there are triggers but I can not do anything about them but hide in the solitude of my bedroom. Living in the situation that I am tends to make one feel as though they are losing their mind.
I have been trying to read at night to ease my mind of thoughts that stress me out. It seems to be working but my days are really bad. I need out of this house and the weather is not helping. We get a warm day but all it does is rain so getting out and walking is a non happening thing.
I try to talk to my husband but I have ears listening to every word that comes out of my mouth. Nothing is private where I live. Me and my husband get no real time alone. It just feels like a battle I am not going to win. I can't make my husband choose me over his brother but where is there a limit?
Hopefully this down day will go away soon.

Lynn
Old 04-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/145/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lynn,
Sorry to hear about your down day. I hope things are getting better. Maybe talk to your husband about taking walks to give you guys time alone and it's a little exercise too THe weather sucks where I live too but lately there have been spurts of sunshine, so I take advantage of them to go out for walks or runs. Every little bit helps and it's amazing what even just a little sunshine can do.
Cheers
MaryE82 is offline   Reply With Quote