Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Default March Chat!!!!!!

Guess I will start a new thread so we don't confuse people!!!

Hope everyone's having a good start to their week!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #2  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

I know I haven't been around much... I've been so down I don't want to do anything so everything is extra effort. I'm hoping I'll be getting my happy light back on wednesday night. I'm not looking forward to having to go through the head aches and upset tummy again until I'm used to it. I probably really should go back to the doctor, I haven't been depressed like this in a long time. I'm thinking it could have something to do with the fact that the ultimatum I gave to the husband comes due at the end of this month. On top of everything that's going on my auto-immune disorder is acting up. It's almost impossible to exercise with painful hives popping up everywhere. I currently have a bad one on the bottom of my foot that's making me limp. I'm seeing my Mom tonight, she's such a worry wort. There is no way I can tell her I have hives again (this condition almost killed me when I was 17). I've had hives for months now there's no point in telling her. I'm just refusing to go on the steroids this time, the side effects are almost as bad as the hives themselves. I just want to crawl into a hole and disappear... so yeah, same carp, different day.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #3  

you just cant win.......sorry things are sooo rough...I hope soon things start looking up for you..Something HAS to break soon!!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #4  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Aunty Jam, I've been wondering how you were doing. I'm sorry things aren't good right now. I don't have any helpful insight for you but I am here to support you. Are you prepared to follow through on your ultimatum with your hubby? Usually when I'm really down I can't follow through on anything. The hives must be miserable. I hope you find some relief soon.

I know I keep saying this but my overeating is out of control. Eating a lot is no surprise but the amount is incredible. I ate 3 desserts after dinner tonight then popped some popcorn. I only ate a little of that because I thought it would make me sick. I don't know what's going on here.

Hi mom, I hope you had a good productive day. Twelve pounds is awesome!!! Congratulations, you deserve it! I'm so happy for you.

Last edited by hope4me; 03-07-2011 at 10:22 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

thanks for the new thread momof4 and congrats on your losses!! I'm sure not having luck, cause I can't even try anymore. Still hoping my desire to get smaller overcomes my uncontrollable desire to eat, anything.

Aunty Jam gosh I also hope you can catch a break for the good. You deserve it!! so sorry about the hives, that sounds horrible.

Hey hope I am finding it hard to find something to wear to work that doesn't feel too tight. I can just hear my boss talking to his wife, 'holly's gained weight hasn't she'. They do discuss their employee's weight and appearances, I've heard them do it about others. ugh.

Oh here are some pics from an epic snowstorm we had yesterday. I'm not sore from shoveling, which I guess is a good accomplishment because I had to fling the snow SO high over those snowbanks, but my knee is again hurting, not good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC07462.jpg (23.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07465.jpg (23.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07470.jpg (17.0 KB, 7 views)
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/150/120

Height: 5'0

My problem is when I wake up. I can't find myself getting up to face the day. Today it took me 2 1/2 hrs just to get ready. IDK, maybe it's b/c I work midnights. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel more motivated to do something.
vita di amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #7  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

I don't know what I'll do with my husband He says he's trying and sending out resumes like crazy and that I can check his email and job bank accounts if I don't believe him. I just think there has to be something out there he can do... I'm wondering if a temp agency could help him get something. He can't do really physical work because he hurt himself years ago. I know he's feeling out of time because he went down to the employment office and applied for emergency funding. He may or may not get it... it depends on our debt to income ratio. We don't qualify for welfare because I work. I just don't know what to do. But I appreciate knowing you guys are there for me.
One small good thing... I managed to walk almost normal last night while out with my mom so she didn't notice and I didn't have to lie to her.

Holly - That's just wrong that they talk about you guys, it's none of their business. I like your snowstorm pictures... it's like that up here to and your puppy seems to be enjoying it.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #8  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Aunty Jam - yes, maybe a temp agency could help? that they could maybe find something that wouldn't be out of his league physically. I'm glad you were able to not have to tell you Mom about the hives, that you were worried about worrying her

It is a shame when someone tells you 'you make too much money for us to help you, because you work' isn't it I guess there have to be limits with gov't economic help but it is kinda sucky. I think back to when my sister got admitted to the Psych hospital, for days and days...treatment and meds...also in and out of Rehab (alcohol) at least 3 times, and she never had to pay for any of it. I don't want to go in the hospital's psych ward but I don't like that I work full time and DON'T go to a therapist because I have other things to pay for...okay, my pity party is over.

I am in a 'holding pattern' of existing; I work, I workout about 4 X's a week; I do the housework that has to be done, I watch TV or am on the computer in the evenings, but I'm not looking forward to anything. There has to be other people that turn 50 and don't feel like it means over half of their life is over, I guess?? Maybe when I get another motorcycle I'll feel better. I dunno.

Hi to everyone else.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #9  
Starting Again

Vermont, that is some awesomely big snow! Looks like your dog is loving it. I'm a snow lover but I can see how that much could be annoying. So pretty though. I feel like I'm just existing too. I'm not enjoying the present at all. All week I just try to survive till Friday night so I can sleep in on Saturday. Then it's back to work on Sunday. I can't go on just living for one day of the week. I need to learn to enjoy everyday.

Aunty Jam, I think a temp agency is a wonderful idea. That just may be your answer.

Vita, I'm not too thrilled to face the day either lately. Somethings gotta give.

We didn't get done with pool till midnight last night. Needless to say I was beat today. I'm too old for that kinda thing. I plan to get in bed by 11 tonight. I just find myself counting down the weeks till pool is over (may 4th). I'm taking the summer off of our league and maybe the fall. I'm burnt out.

We may be starting a Biggest Loser at work. Maybe it will help me. Who knows?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #10  

Vermont- thats some crazy snow and your good years are just starting...right!!!!

Vita-days like that I find it was what I ate the night before that makes me feel like that!!!!

Aunty-hopefully a temp agency will work..its worth a shot!!

Hope-A challenge is ALWAYS GOOD!!

So I Ran yesterday at a 4.2 for 13 minutes without stopping then the second time I ran at a 4.3 for 10 minutes without stopping!!!
So my goal today was to run the original goal of 15mins...I RAN 16MINS!!! @ a 4.3!!! I was actually disappointed when I was done because I stopped and I knew I could have kept going....so like I felt I didn't give it my all...weird I know...my husband said he could see the change in me....my sis in law said she could see it too...just hard because I have SOOOO much and just want to get rid of it now....I want to go back to the gym like now because I love that feeling!!!
OK on to getting my stuff done. I was going to clean my house tomorrow but I feel great and think I may do it today and then go to the gym tomorrow!!

lata!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #11  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Default New to this part

I am a 35 year old who has suffered the illness of depression since I was 13. I also suffer from PTSD and anxiety. My illnesses are a major contributor to how I eat and it drives me crazy.

So hello all.

Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #12  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

Hiya Lynnie!

welcome, and grats on loosing over 30 pounds so far !
summershine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #13  
Starting Again

Mom, I can really tell you've been working out. Your attitude is great. That's the way I felt last year when I was exercising. I need to get back there. That's really great progress on your running. Congrats.

Lynnie, glad to meet you and welcome to our corner of 3fc. Good job on your weight loss. I've dealt with depression since my childhood too. We're here to support you. Stress is a big contributor to my eating right now.

I was so looking forward to getting off work and going home then I got a dinner invitation from a friend I hadn't seen in a while so we ended up going. It was nice but I was really too tired to go. Then the group decided to go to Dave & Buster's to play some games with their son. I was like OMG I can't do it, but I did. It was actually fun but now I'm really really beat. I cannot wait to sleep in!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #14  
Divine

There are days when the depression takes over no matter how much medicine I take. But it helps to have a hubby that listens to me when I am down. Sometimes that makes a world of difference.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #15  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by summershine View Post
Hiya Lynnie!

welcome, and grats on loosing over 30 pounds so far !

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Hope: I deal with PTSD also. Sometimes I think that will never go away.