Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 02:29 AM   #1  

Talking Friday December 20th....five Days Until Xmas!

Well I am cheating a little...I am posting for friday even though I haven't gone to bed yet!

I had such a busy thursday....I collapsed on the couch around 7 pm and made the mistake of closing my eyes for 10 minutes and so when I went to bed I was wide awake....so I got up and cleaned the kitchen, family room, did a load of laundry, wrapped the last of the teachers gifts, wrapped a friends gift, did a card or two and now am having a beer and saying hello!

I am feeling pretty good about things....I did the last of my shopping and the days are slowly filling with fun things to do for the rest of the month...I only have to work Dec 20, 24, 25, 26, 27 and then I am off until the 4th of Jan!

That is a good thing as the hospital is full of very sick people....God Bless them!

Hope you are all well....everybody post today....and let's have some fun with what we want for Xmas and what thing we are most excited about giving! Anybody interested!?

I will start...I am hoping for something homemade from each of my children and looking forward to the joy that my hubby displays in giving us all the most perfect gift (and I mean perfect,,,he is the best at finding the most appropriate gem of a gift each year)

I am looking most forward to giving my dd 11 a TY angel bear that is about 12 inches tall and sits and when you squeeze his hand plays a variety of Xmas songs...it is white with silver glitter.

I am looking most forward to giving my dd 4 a real fish in a fish bowl...she asked the store santa for one and he told her it would be most difficult to get the fish here without spilling the water...this is probably the last year I will have this kind of magical wonder associated with Santa and I will love every minute of it!

I will look forward to relaxed quiet time with hubby just enjoying all that we have to be so very thankful for...and he might even get lucky! (oops did I say that )

Bye for now!

Eliz
Old 12-20-2002, 05:02 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone. Well, I imagine that most of you are still in bed. It's 11 am here and I thought I had loads of time but am now starting to get behind!
Have a lunch with my English friends and we are going to do the secret Santa thingy and I haven't even bought the pressie yet! No idea what to buy either!
I posted on yesterdays' thread to thank you all for welcoming me back. I was very touched.
Just a short resumé of what has been happening. At the moment Victoria (DD) is in England. She has been there since 16th October. After she finished school last June, as she wasn't sure what to study at university, she decided to take a gap year. We agreed that she would go to England to stay with my sister and family and work and perfect her English. She has got a job in a supermarket where there are a lot of people her age. She got her first paycheck yesterday and was thrilled at how much money she got! Perhaps she can lend some to me now!! I was in England last weekend as it was her 19th birthday and will be going back again on 23rd to spend Christmas with my family.
Yes, I am still a WWs leader. In January I will have been working for them for a year. Wow, doesn't time fly. Still need to lose a bit of the weight I put on over the summer when I was on holiday in your wonderful country.
Well, everyone, have a great day. Gotta jump in the shower and get moving!

Love Ann

PS For those of you who don't know me, I live in Barcelona, Spain but am English.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:29 AM   #3  
Going All The Weigh

Good morning everyone. Today is wet and rainy, blah. I have to take the lil one out to get her Christmas pics made. I dont really feel like doing anything but going back to bed. I hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:54 AM   #4  

G'morning

Hey Barca!! Long time no see girl. Wondered what had happened to you. Good to "see" you and hear that things are going great for you.

Liz I've been thinking about your question. I know what I'd love to have for Christmas...my 4 front teeth!! I have not been able to wear my bridge for 2 years as it sets of the trigeminal so now it does not fit. That's $750 wasted.

Not sure what will be nice to give...I've already got Chris and Dad's gifts and think they both will be very pleased so this will be nice to watch them open.

Gotta run....chris' caregiver is here.....later
Old 12-20-2002, 11:06 AM   #5  

Wow! So many posts to read since yesterday! This is great!
Just a quick update... DF came home from work yesterday and we talked over dinner. He apologized for being so cranky the previous day and suggested that we ignore the argument we had, and start fresh, by going through all the "questions to ask before you get married" again this weekend. I was floored. He's such a great guy! I apologized for interogating him so harshly and so soon after he walked in the door, and thanked him for offering to go through all the questions with me. So... YAY! things are good again!

Leens- that's a GREAT story! I was laughing so hard I was crying!

Liz- Wow! Have you ever been busy! Good for you! Just think of all those extra calories you're burning off!

As for your Christmas question... I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but the present I'm most looking forward to getting is a Swiffer Sweeper! I know... cleaning supplies??? What am I thinking? But, I don't know - there's something really appealing about that Swiffer for me!
As for the gift I'm most excited to give... that would be a puzzle that I bought for my grandmother. She loves puzzles, and I got her this beautiful (and difficult) one that sports a painting of her favorite artist (Thomas Kincaid). I know she'll love it... and I know that she's not expecting it at all...

How about the rest of you??
Old 12-20-2002, 11:27 AM   #6  

Default Mornin'

Hi everyone,

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. The move took longer than they thought... It was pretty chaotic yesterday and today isn't a lot better. Yesterday we had no coffee, no fridge, no microwave and no TP!! Someone finally went over to another building and snagged a case of TP for this building so we all weren't dancing around anymore. We still don't have coffee or a fridge or a microwave today... so I'll be walking over to another building to cook my lunch. They did manage to bring over donuts and bagels, but no coffee.. go figure. I will be getting 3 days of work next week, so that is a relief. Two full weeks without pay was going to be rather tough.

Yeterday's move was made worse by the fact is was storming here.. as it is again today. The ground is so wet that everything is just sort of sitting in big puddles, pools or rivers. I won't mind it if it rains this weekend.. I am staying home.

Lizzy, glad the chores are done so you can enjot things now.

Barca, nice to see you again. Glad to hear Victoria is doing well.. try not to worry about her too much.

Hi Kelt and Sweet and those to come.

As far as what I want for Christmas, all I want is a permanant job with benefits. This month to month baloney has been going on for almost a year and a half and it is wearing me down mentally and emotionally. Yes I am grateful for the pay as a lot don't have that during these tought times. But still, this is what I want for Christmas.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:52 AM   #7  

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!

I am having a great day. It is beautiful here after a nsaty day yesterday. I am impressed that we have so many posts today. I love to read all of your thoughts and your lives adventures. Everyone sounds like the lead a great life.

I got my last package shipped off to CA this moring and it is payday today!!!!! I get to leave early and spend time with hubby. I will be leaving in the morning to go hunting so I need to make this time count. Liz I am right there with you. hubba-hubba

Barca can't wait to learn more about you!

Keltic have fun with the pics.

Sweet how is you nose?

Loko see it all works out if you just left them have their time. They will talk when they are ready. Glad to hear it all worked out.

Linda i feel for you. It seems that every time we move it rains too.

Hi to all to come!

Lets see what I enjoy giving. Anything that I can sneak past Joe is good. He is always able to guess what I got him. I think he know what I had to mail order him but I will keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't. I enjoy getting things that people really put some thought into. This may sound a little selfish but I would love to get enough money to finish the landscaping that I have planned for my front yard.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:30 PM   #8  

I guess you might say our cats, Tippy and Brat are spoiled. We got a electric throw for them to sleep on. Hey, the floors in this house are really cold and drafty and the warm throw keeps them off of the furniture and bed. They sleep later in the morning too. No more racing around the house at 4:00AM!
We got an interesting card from R's cousin..addressed just to him. She wrote him a note regarding his mother who won't have anything to do with us. He just got disgusted and threw it out. I am so glad I live FAR away from my strange relatives.
R and I bought ourselfs a new TV and DVD player for Christmas. We love watching movies in the evenigns since TV usually stinks. We bought the whole "Roots" collection and WOW is it great!
Well, gotta go......

Oh, I briefly chatted on Messenger with anna(875, I think) and told her to join us here.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang - busy busy day here - of course - that is the way it is at Christmas time huh. My boss is cooking lunch for everybody today, and then tonight we all go to my mom's for Christmas. So we will be Christmasing for the next 5 days. woooooooohooooo Don't mind all the Christmasing or all the eating, its the weighing afterwards that gets to me. wahhhhh I'm pretty much just gonna eat what I want to for the next few days, but I'm gonna keep it small portions. That's about all I know to do during the holidays. Why am I talking about food and weight anyway??? haha

It is so good to see everybody's posts and check in on everybody.

Ok Liz - here goes - what I want for Christmas???
The only thing in the world that I want (to go along with everything else I already have) is for my oldest son to be better. We have been fighting a chemical imbalance and dealing with it for 2 years now and it has been a difficult road! The best Christmas present in the whole wide world would be for him to get better - and I've already gotten it! He is doing much better!!! and I am so thankful!!!

My youngest son also got his Christmas wish - the girl he has liked for 2 years is now his girlfriend - as of last night. He is only 14, and had to call her dad and ask permission and everything - it was sooooooo cool - because he is only 14 - not much will change as far as what they can and can't do together - but that doesn't matter to him just so long as he knows she is his girlfriend. awwwww young love!

Now the thing I am most excited about giving.....hmmm...there are a couple of things. We are surprising our oldest son with a month's worth of personal guitar lessons in January - he will be so excited - he has wanted to do this all year and never comes up with the money for it. Then we are giving our youngest son a stereo for his room. I'm surprising hubby with a bbq pit/smoker thing that he thinks we can't afford. I like giving surprises!!!!

Well gang lunch is almost ready and I need to go eat some meat. I will catch you guys later.

I hope everybody has a great day and a blessed Christmas!

Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 12-20-2002, 03:55 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

This is fun !!

Loko, Thomas Kinkade is my favorite too, I would love to have one of his paintings, just a rep is $3,000 - so I guess I'll be dreaming

ANNA BANNANNAANNA WHERE ARE YOU !!!!! - Love that woman.

Lets see a gift.... I got a few nice ones for hubby but the one that I can't wait to give is the Rocking Elephant for my Daughter, its just so cute !! Its kinda like a rocking horse but its like a stuffed animal, and it plays music AND its an elephant....cute

Linny, I'm sending perminant job dust your way !!!! And the tooth fairy Sweet's way !!!

Talk to you all on Monday !!

Love You !! Leenie
Old 12-20-2002, 10:13 PM   #11  

Thanks Leens.. I'll be watching for that tooth fairy..my luck it will be George Washington teeth...wood.

Kemp my nose is still the same...sore as a boil. But with time that will stop. I just need to have someone restrain me to a rocker when I get up of a morning so that I don't get myself in trouble or hurt.

So glad you got some TP Linda. Here in Oklahoma we know what leaves are for but guess that would be a bit awkward in downtown SJ wouldn't it?

I miss Anna too...hope she joins us. Guess a horse thief doesn't have the spare time like we do. And where is Meg hiding herself these days????

Headed to chat to see if anyone is there....later
Old 12-20-2002, 11:54 PM   #12  

Hey guys... I have a couple of questions...

Where do you chat? Is anyone welcome?

And - what is TP? Been trying to figure it out all day.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:49 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The URL for chat is
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chat...&setheight=320
Old 12-21-2002, 10:31 AM   #14  

LoKo TP stands for toilet paper...
Closed Thread